Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Mississippi Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2012, 10:41 AM
MS Sweet Magnolia Blues

Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.
How Do You Use FTE?

In my "favorites" list of my browser, I have my "User CP" (control panel) bookmarked, so that's the "page" I use to "enter" FTE. That way, if somebody posts on my profile page I see the notification as soon as I get here. It also allows me to see all the threads that I am currently posting in, or any "old" thread that I was in that someone digs up. Which is pretty good, especially if its a "How To" kind of thread & somebody has a question. I also see the list of latest rep points that somebody has been nice enough to have given me so I can go back & thank them either by PM or posting on their profile page. Then I go out to the forums & start at the top, trying to read all the forums I like to keep up with.

What started me on this was reading about a member who had been getting PMs over a part he was looking to buy/sell & had no idea he was getting responses. Also I've seen folks talk about not being able to keep up with multiple threads, how to change things & "what is this stuff about reputation points somebody said they gave me?"

Just wondered what yall did.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Posting Guru

BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dave, mine is set up pretty much like yours is, but they say great minds think alike! Lol!

Sent from my galaxy S
Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Posting Guru

Layed Out 100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Layed Out 100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine too, Only thing is that I use two different computers and only half shows on each computer. dont know why that is? Then when I use my phone it does not show up the same.
53 f100 My build thread http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97...ith-picts.html and http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...g-my-53-a.html
Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Senior User

f1504x4driver is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I dont enter through the user cp but check it first each time I log on.

Thomas
1995 F150 SC 4x4,351W,Rebuilt E4OD,Cobra 25LTD,Sony Xplod cd player,K&N Filter,superwinch manual hubs. ROTW 2/13/11
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
MS Sweet Magnolia Blues

Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.Scndsin has a spectacular reputation.
One of the things that I use is the "folders" tool in the CP as well. If you click on your "view all subscribed threads" you'll open up a page that has at the top of the list "subscribed threads in folder" box with a drop down menu. Inside that drop down, I've got a bunch of folders of different subjects that I want to keep as references that have to do with my particular generation of truck:

E4OD & related tranny issues.
Front suspension repair & tech
Interior repair & upgrades
Mass-air conversions
Trouble shooting EEC codes
Fuel system & tanks
Steering columns & dash issues...

A place for any informational thread that I might need in the future or want to send or post as a link in another thread when someone has a question & needs info. It saves doing a bunch of searching and sifting a whole lot of non-related info later.

Just create the folders for subjects you need. Then as you read the forums & come across a thread you need, click on the "thread tools" button at the top right of the page of the thread you are reading. Click on it & scroll down to the "subscribe to this thread" button which will open that folder menu & put that thread where you need it.

When you need that info in the future, or a nubie comes along to ask an identical question for the ten thousandth time, you can have that info close at hand. Then you can either use the "quote" function & copy & paste the info in answer or just post a link.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Posting Guru

desperado_18_2000 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've got a link on my iGoogle page that directs me to the forum index. Either that or I type in the URL myself and go from there.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Mississippi Chapter

Tags
fte