Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 PM
New User

BIGDADDYTRUCK is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil leak 2005 F250

I recently inherited my father's 2005 F 250 and I noticed it's leaking oil on the front right side upon start up. It leaves a puddle when I start it up and let it warm up. I have been driving the truck for about a month and will all the leaking it's still full of oil. I have been under the truck but can't see where the leak is coming from. I initially I thought it was leaking at the oil pan but the leak is above the pan but not on top of the engine. Any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Posting Guru

raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.
Look under the turbo, and rear of the engine block, do you have any work history of the truck? Oil can leak from the oil cooler cover or the turbo oil feed. Turbo oil drain, it can leak from the Hpop pump cover. So there are a lot of potential leak points in the top valley of the engine so you may need to use a dye tracer additive
05' silver f-350 lariat 6.0 psd 4x4 crew cab drw, 4"inch turbo back exhaust, BPD oil cooler condenser mount, powermax turbo,dc power 190Amp OEM High Output Alternator , coolant filter, auto meter: boost, coolant temp, trans temp, egt, voltage. scan gauge II, Rds 91 gallon fuel tank toolbox combo, ready lift 2.5 leveling kit, blue spring mod.Fumuto oil drain, AE w/ford enhanced bundle.Air lift 5000 series rear air bags, SCT x4 powerflash with gearhead custom tunes Srl , 8k tow, unlimited tow. 2010 forest river Cherokee 35ft TT
Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
New User

BIGDADDYTRUCK is starting off with a positive reputation.
OIL LEAK

Thanks for the reply. Did a steam wash to see if that would help to trace the leak and it looks like it's coming from the bottom left front of the engine. Not sure what the piece is but it is on the back serpentine belt. Oil isn't leaking above this piece but is leaking while the engine is running only
Old 02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Postmaster

m-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant future
Can you post a picture of the leak?
....but STILL loves hot women with big boobies
....and STILL hates working on E-Series with 6.0L
Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
Here are a couple pictures. Is this where you are saying the leak is coming from???

First one shows the part I'm thinking it could be. Then the second one is the front of the motor, which is where this part is located. OIL PRESSURE REGULATOR.

Click the image to open in full size.

The next picture, the part is to the left of the number 4 in the upper picture in this set of 2 pictures, hidden behind the serpentine belt.

Click the image to open in full size.

2004 Late Build CC LB 4x4 6.0L

"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
05, 1999, 2005, 68l, diesel, f250, ford, fuel, leak, leaking, leaks, oil, pressure, regulator, v10