Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Senior User

jerkypants is starting off with a positive reputation.
IPR VALVE

Where is the IPR Valve on a 2005 F350 6.0 PSD?

Is it on the passeger side front end of valve cover?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
No IPR valve is under the turbo screwed into the HPOP cover

The ICP sensor is on the passenger side valve cover.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Junior User

tinman565 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If your standing in front of the truck facing the motor...its on the right hand side, in the back, between the valve cover and the turbo (basically under the turbo). Hard to see...and hard to get at. Most guys pull the turbo to change it, but I changed mine without doing that. The special socket makes the job alot easier sir.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Senior User

Thank you, which is easier? can i get to it from up top or from under?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Senior User

Special socket?
Any chance you can elaborate on that?
Auto parts store have it?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Senior User

And I thank you, sir.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Post Fiend

BLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkypants View Post
Special socket?
Any chance you can elaborate on that?
Auto parts store have it?
Its Like a socket for an oxygen sensor

Basicaly a socket with a slot in it
2003 6.0, 4X4 srw, short box, born on 3/28/03 Moog ball joints,DC POWER 190A ALT Duralast Goldtop batterys 10/7/2012,RECON LED SMOKE MIRROR LENS,4 inch turbo back magnaflo exhaust,no kitty, 6 in. lift, BFG 315/75r16, python remote start alarm,pioneer system2 12''subs 1600watt amps ,scangaugeII,coolant filter, blue fuel pres spring, Fresh oil cooler 6/1/11 Final Charge Cat EC-1 rated Silicate Free ELC coolant, Sinister Full egr deleate, ROTELLA T-6 5w-40syn,updatedHPO screen,updated oil filter stand pipe, TC SX8000
Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Click the image to open in full size.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Postmaster

m-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant future
To access the IPR would require said socket, a universal and LONG extension. You access it by unbolting the coolant degas bottle from the cowl, removing the rear FICM mounting bracket in order the get your LONG extension, universal and socket in there to crack loose and remove the IPR. By the way, you can buy the IPR socket from Wally Mart. It looks like this:

Walmart.com: OTC Ford 6.0L Ipr Socket: Tools

And if you want to have a new one on hand, the part number from Ford is 5C3Z-9C968-CA (Motorcraft number CM-5126).

I'm assuming you are trying to repair the no-start issue described in your other thread where we bumped heads. Is this a no-start PERIOD, or no-start only when the engine is up to operating temperature?
....but STILL loves hot women with big boobies
....and STILL hates working on E-Series with 6.0L
Old 02-19-2012, 11:13 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Less than $20 at Amazon.
Amazon.com: Lisle (LIS68210) Ford Diesel IPR Socket: Home Improvement

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Senior User

Hi m-chan,
It is the same issue. I am sucking it in and I am bringing it to a new mechanic tomorrow, I feel he is trustworthy and moral after speaking with him. I was just hoping to save some money on this (that$ the killer for me), I am losing money having it down. I really hope you know I am genuine when I say I respect and hold you all in esteem on here.
It starts, I picked it up from ford, drove it sixty-seventy miles home, shut it off, and one minute later turned the key and it started. It started yesterday both times i tried. A little different than the normal start, longer crank. Haven't tried it today.
This all started with a P0460 code. Ford might have pulled some codes, that didn't come up on my OBD Scanner,I didnt look at the sheet yet. I do want to, and will pick up a scan guagell
I was just dickin around with it while I am idle, learning, reading up etc. I do take good care of it, I don't work it hard, So far I have done all repairs myself, I am not a mechanic, but I am also not dumb. It's the little things that get ya, special tools, little tricks etc. I do want to change the oil again, I put 15 40 rotella in it in late november, and I wanted to change it out and put the 5 40 in, but never got around to it. Just killin time, thats all

Again, thank you all.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Postmaster

m-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant future
P0460 is a fuel level sensor circuit 'A' code. Depending on the conditions, the PCM COULD limit power output (or "DEFUEL" as you put it), if fuel level detection is determined to be excessively low. Are you running your truck excessively low on fuel by any chance?
....but STILL loves hot women with big boobies
....and STILL hates working on E-Series with 6.0L
Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Senior User

Well the gauge was acting up, so a few times it got to fuel level low empty. So answer yes. By the way that issue seemed to start when I was using shell gas, I always get fuel at the same place (by the by), I have since gone back to Irving. But after I noticed it I started and since then I consider half a tank empty. I just went out reached in, put the key in, turned it and it started np with a slightly longer crank than normal, but almost a weak start rather than a roar to life.
Thnx
Old 02-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Senior User

Great blow up Bpounds, Thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Senior User

Why do you ask m-chan, do you have any ideas?
I just never thought it was high pressure oil issue.
But what do I know.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2003, 2005, 350, 60, connection, f250, ford, ipr, liter, loose, replace, sensor, socket, testing, valve