Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Freshman User

BuickGS is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 CD Player Problem

I own a 2008 Lariat with the CD/Radio/Nav combo.

The other day I began to change the CD's I had in the system. The system ejected two of the CD's and now refuses to eject the rest of them. Keep getting an ejection error. I can see the system attempting to eject the CD, but it appears as if it just quite can't lift the CD high enough to eject it through the slot.

Not sure if other people have had this problem, but if they have, I'd like to know how to remove the fascia piece (faux wood). Believe if I remove it, I will then be able to address the problem getting the CD's at least out of the system. Thought about sliding a small piece of plastic under the CD as the system tries to eject it and at least remove them.

Is the faux wood trim a snap on piece or are there any screws holding in place somewhere?

If I remove the fascia, how difficult will it be to remove the entire unit and take it somewhere to be repaired if it is broken?

I'm hoping that maybe once I remove the CD's, I will be able to clean inside the unit using cans of compressed electrical cleaner I use on my computers? At least I'm hoping it may just be dirt of some kind causing the problem.

Anyway, any help with this situation will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards to all,

Gordo
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Senior User

twfish is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
this happened too me, it said no cd so i immediately shutoff the truck, opened the door (so power would turn off ) then turned it back on and it ejected just fine.

Probably doesn't help ya much but its worth a try.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Freshman User

CD Player Problem

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

I'll try anything if I don't have to try and remove this unit : ) Who knows, sometimes the simplest thing fixes a problem.

Will let you know if this resolves the issue. Would be nice if it does.

Best regards,

Gordo
Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM
New User

dorf123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This seemed like a good thread to bring back- I have some CDs stuck in my dash.

How do you get the head unit / changer out of the dash? My radio/nav/changer does not have the four holes used for the coat hanger tool. It has a groove or slot all around, but I don't know if that is only decorative.

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Senior User

JoSHN is starting off with a positive reputation.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/133164-full-radio-removal-xm-install-photos-instructions.html
This should help remove the radio.

Try slipping a credit card in to pry the cd up and help them eject. I had this issue and took out my radio, didn't see anything visibly wrong with it inside, put it back together, and back in the truck and it has worked fine ever since.
2009 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 V8, 5 Spd standard, Black Leather interior, Ram Air intake.
1995 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L V8 Convertible, Cold air Intake, Underdrive pulleys
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Freshman User

Stuck CD's

I contacted Ford on this issue and they were helpful.

The first question I was asked was if the CD's had labels on them? I answered some did, some didn't. I was told if the CD has a label on it, it will likely cause a problem with the CD player. They didn't explain why, just told me it was a problem and was told to remove any labels and clean any adhesive off the CD.

I was also informed the thickness of the CD can create a problem. Well, who measures the thickness of a CD, but I know thickness of CD's does vary. I told them this should have been taken into account when the CD player was designed by whomever designed it. They were nonplused by my comment.

I was also told there could also be a problem with dirt and dust in the CD player. I asked for instructions for the best way to clean it, they recommended I take it to a Ford dealership to be cleaned. What a surprise!

Next I was told there could indeed be a problem with the CD eject mechanism and it needed to be repaired and again, they naturally told me to take it to a Ford dealership for the repair. Again, what a surprise.

I did ask if there was any kind of a break I could receive on the cost of the repair if one was needed seeing as the problem began shortly after the warranty expired? I was told to discuss it first with a person in management at the Ford dealership where I bring the truck for the repair. I informed them I had already done that and they told me to contact somebody at Ford! And so the Catch-22 began and went on with two trips to the dealership and calls between them and Ford. In the end, it was tough luck, ya want it fixed, ya pay for it.

I'm compulsive about mechanical things and take excellent care of my vehicles. Since the warranty expired on this truck, I've spent in excess of $2,000 fixing things that in my opinion should last for years. Examples; new running boards...those plated plastic pieces of junk pitted all over the place, the Ford grille and tail gate emblems delaminated and I replaced those, both windshield posts that have the hand holds, the clips that hold them in place on the bottom next to the dash, they started constantly popping out, replaced those, one horn died, replaced it, then the other died and replaced it, two TPS batteries already...and I've had the entire electrical system checked three times, including once at a Ford dealership...no codes, no electrical anomalies. There are some other small problems with the truck I'm not going to bother with, just fed up getting nit picked.

I'm actually in the process of looking at a GMC and very close to trading in the Ford. And after paying $25 per spark plug for the 150 engine, well, it was kind of the last straw.

Good luck to all, thanks for the suggestions and help, much appreciated.

Gordon
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150

Tags
2008, cd, changer, expedition, f150, ford, lariat, player, players, problem, problems, repair, trouble, truck, working