1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

The Adventure Begins: My '81 F100 Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 AM
Luke76
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 38103Ford
Been following this guys build and he used P&S w FrostKing - https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-build-12.html
That was me... we've had some hot days this spring already, one of the hottest on record in Oregon. Haven't smelt a whiff of anything in the cab yet.

Still haven't gotten past the century mark yet, so I'll let you know in August if it's started stinkin' yet. But so far so good.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:16 AM
Cienega32
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WilleyJoe - those CO blazes keep growing and I hope you and yours are not in harm's way. Stay safe and alert.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:43 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Greetings friends and neighbors and fellow Ford enthusiasts!!

I considered starting a new "Festus Rides Again" thread, but what fun would that be?

My most sincere apologies for my long absence. Massive health problems resulting from my neck injury have cost me many months of my life, but the news is all good now and the light at the end of the tunnel is much brighter.

It is wonderful to be able to work at the keyboard again. I've renewed my Supporter membership, so I'm committed to the fray.

Cheers, all ---

Old 03-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Welcome back! We've missed you, and I'm truly sorry to hear about your health problems. I pray that you are healing quickly and can get back to what you enjoy - and especially your family.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:02 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Gary, I bet my wife a dollar that you'd be the first to reply, so good to be back in touch with you!

I promise to do better.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:04 PM
nikmish
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I glad to see you back in the game!

Old 03-18-2015, 05:24 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Muchas grass, brother. (Remember, this is Colorado. LOL)

Quite a bit has happened in the truck arena. Newly, the '01 Ranger I purchased a few pages back, turned out to be somewhat of a dud. Beautiful truck, but after replacing way too many parts, I told my wife we should send him on down the road before we got hit with a fresh bill. So I gave him up for adoption for a bit less than I had into him, and he's gone to a good home.

So, the wife decided I needed a "Get Well Truck", and we seriously scored on a 2007 F150 STX as a daily driver. 49,000 miles, 4WD, slight lift. It's been a few decades since I rumbled around behind a V8. We're calling him Doc. He's not a project truck, so if I appear on any of those modern forums, it will just be "Does anyone know what this does?" type of questions.

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Cienega32
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real good to see you back in the fray again! Had some concerns about your absence but glad to hear you're getting thru it all. Those health issues can be like a domino snake. Best wishes for a good recovery and welcome back.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:34 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Thanks brother, it is truly good to be here (and to still be above ground).

Festus has been more than patient - I just haven't had the state of mind to give him the attention he deserves, but that's all about to change.

He got driven a whopping 300 miles last year, and we got him down to the center in October for the dreaded emissions test. He failed, and I was highly PO'd. I called the mechanic who rejetted the carb in 2012, and he asked, "How old's the gas?" I thought a minute and replied, "I filled it up about 6 months ago." "There's your problem," says he. "Burn that up and you'll be fine."

So I had to run out an entire tank of gas, and this past Monday he passed with flying colors.

The great news is, Colorado recently amended a bad law, and Festus qualifies for the much-coveted Collector plates. You pay a bit more, but the plates are good for five years with no emissions or registration. Saves quite a bit of moolah in the long run.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by WilleyJoe.62
Gary, I bet my wife a dollar that you'd be the first to reply, so good to be back in touch with you!

I promise to do better.
I hope you bet on me instead of against me as I'd hate to think I cost you a dollar!

Sounds like your wife is in the same league as mine - angel. Yours got you a get-well truck and I caught mine building a 2015 F150 King Ranch on-line for me. We are truly blessed.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:03 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Hah!

To the best of my recollection, I have never said, "No really, babe, I have enough trucks. And guns."

Old 03-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by WilleyJoe.62
Hah!

To the best of my recollection, I have never said, "No really, babe, I have enough trucks. And guns."
I've talked a couple of times about selling a gun or two and she says "No! You should keep them." Is that about the same?

Old 03-18-2015, 06:13 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
OMG it's Willey!!! Why do I immediately think of an Army-green Jeep? A guy I think from Illinois who moved here to CO a year or so ago! Lives in the mountains, a bit west of Conifer - but I forget the town name... I wanna say Elizabeth but that's out on the eastern plains (used to be Podunk but is dang near its own metropolis now).

Old 03-18-2015, 06:17 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
LOL! Some of the few regrets I have in life revolve around selling guns. I still weep openly about selling a Colt .357 Python in 1990. Crikey, a quarter century ago ...

Festus still has the "carport". These were taken during a snow day a few weeks ago. We ended up with 11+"; not much by Boston standards, but great fun nonetheless. My wife had the brilliant idea to start tarping the trucks (she has the Mariner) when weather threatens. $10 tarp and four bungees saves a lot of hassle scraping ice the next morning. That's why Doc's cab looks odd here.

Attached Images   
Old 03-18-2015, 06:18 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ctubutis
OMG it's Willey!!! Why do I immediately think of an Army-green Jeep? A guy I think from Illinois who moved here to CO a year or so ago! Lives in the mountains, a bit west of Conifer - but I forget the town name... I wanna say Elizabeth but that's out on the eastern plains (used to be Podunk but is dang near its own metropolis now).
Yo Chris!! We were in Morrison but now we're in unincorporated Jeffco, closer to Conifer. We HAVE to get together, I still owe you a box o'donuts for those radio wiring schematics!!

My father-in-law lived in Elizabeth in the late 1980s, felt like driving to Mexico getting down there from Denver. Now it's "just down the road"...

Quick Reply: The Adventure Begins: My '81 F100 Project