Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Posting Guru

SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.
6.4 no power and no boost

So cruising down the I-15 today with about a small excavator on the goose-neck the truck falls on its face. The boost goes to zero than the monitor pressure actual reads -3.5 on the dashdaq. After pumping the pedal a little the boost comes back flutters than drops off again, i pull over and check it out. I ran a Diag with the dash-daq and pulled up a P0106 code( manifold Absolute pressure/baro sensor range/performance) and P1000 (OBD readiness test not complete) Cleared the codes took off again and the same problem. No black smoke trying to take off or when the boost drops to zero. Truck seems to go into limp mode. I managed to limp home on some side streets which is no treat with that much weight. No CEL or MIL lights. I went by the dealer and picked up a map sensor and the IAT next to it just in case since they close at 7:00.
Any thoughts?
08 F350 CC FX4, 6.4 PSD,PMF 4.5" LIFT WITH TRACTION BARS,4.30 REAR,NAV,DASH DAQ,VOLANT INTAKE,SPEARCO INTERCOOLER,STAGE III WATER/METH,67 GAL TITAN TANK,EGR DELETE,ARP HEAD STUDS,72MM LP BILLET TURBO,RCD CONVERTER,FS-2500 BYPASS FILTER, AIR DOG II FUEL PUMP,CUSTOM CCV,MAG-HYTEC TRANS PAN AND DIFF COVER, CUSTOM HD TRANS COOLER, SEIC MOD,AMP STEPS
Old 02-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Posting Guru

SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well pulled her in the garage and dug in, looks like the map sensor was the culprit, it got plugged up with soot and oily residue. Even after the EGR system was dumped and the CCV was cleaned I'm still being haunted by these little gremlins. I went ahead and change the IAT 2 while i was in there.

Wow must have been messing up for awhile truck is alot more responsive. No code good to go, thats been the easiest fix so far......lol
Attached Images

08 F350 CC FX4, 6.4 PSD,PMF 4.5" LIFT WITH TRACTION BARS,4.30 REAR,NAV,DASH DAQ,VOLANT INTAKE,SPEARCO INTERCOOLER,STAGE III WATER/METH,67 GAL TITAN TANK,EGR DELETE,ARP HEAD STUDS,72MM LP BILLET TURBO,RCD CONVERTER,FS-2500 BYPASS FILTER, AIR DOG II FUEL PUMP,CUSTOM CCV,MAG-HYTEC TRANS PAN AND DIFF COVER, CUSTOM HD TRANS COOLER, SEIC MOD,AMP STEPS
Old 02-16-2012, 06:19 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
interesting. It is a wonder more of us don't have a problem.

this summer when it warms up I am pulling my cac hoses to see how much buildup I have.

I have never had mine off.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 06-17-2014, 08:38 PM
New User

ahook168 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My truck just did the same thing pulling my 5th wheel through the hills in VA. Thought I had tripped some safety feature because I was pushing pretty hard. It did it again two night later without a load. SANDDEMON, Have you had any more issues since you did this work? I am about to go get these sensors and I just want to make sure before doing so. Thanks
Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahook168 View Post
My truck just did the same thing pulling my 5th wheel through the hills in VA. Thought I had tripped some safety feature because I was pushing pretty hard. It did it again two night later without a load. SANDDEMON, Have you had any more issues since you did this work? I am about to go get these sensors and I just want to make sure before doing so. Thanks
No i havent had any issue's since i changed them, but i have had my egr system removed since then.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 AM