Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Offroad & 4x4
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Offroad & 4x4 SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Freshman User

1979fordf150rebel is starting off with a positive reputation.
17/40/15 ground hawgs dealer

does anyone know where i might be able to find a set of 17/40/15 ground hawgs does any place make them i would like to get them new all the ones i find online are way to far away so if anyone knows please let me know than you
Zack
Old 02-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Post Fiend

kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
Try "Snowball's chance in He!!" considering the days of the hawgs are long gone for new stock. There may be the occassional set found in a back storage of some random tire shop, but not likely.

Free Paul and Dan from random moderator oppression!!!

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
and since it has been at least 5-6 years since any were made, i would put money on the fact they will be dry rotted too.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Posting Guru

mudder460 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I called interco, since they now own the ground hawg molds. They are not makeing them right now and will most likely not make them again. I was pretty pissed myself about it cause that is the tire I wanted to run. So like they said your best bet would be to find a used set. I did however see a high reach lift today that had a set of tires that looked like hawgs. I'm going to get a pic of them and see if I can find them myself!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Freshman User

1979fordf150rebel is starting off with a positive reputation.
When you do post the pic and type
Old 02-14-2012, 08:50 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
There are a lot better choices out there now adays anyways. Hawgs are IMO not all that great of a tire anyways. Directional and close center ribs. Ya, maybe get good milage out of them, but who cares what milage you get out of a big off road tire anyways.

Dave

2003 Excursion Limited, V10, 4.88s, 315/75R16s on 16x10s
100% posting from iPhone
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Post Fiend

mark a. has a very good reputation on FTE.mark a. has a very good reputation on FTE.mark a. has a very good reputation on FTE.
Yea, thats a good thing they don't make those anymore.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Postmaster

pintoches has a good reputation on FTE.pintoches has a good reputation on FTE.
Petty sure that's what we got on the Jeep but a 16.5 wheel, I don't think they to that great but they are a hard tire!

Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Post Fiend

fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hav24wheel View Post
There are a lot better choices out there now adays anyways. Hawgs are IMO not all that great of a tire anyways. Directional and close center ribs. Ya, maybe get good milage out of them, but who cares what milage you get out of a big off road tire anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark a. View Post
Yea, thats a good thing they don't make those anymore.
yous two guys stfu

i love me some hawgs for the mud and trails i've run and the style of use i put my trucks through. only interco i've run that came close was my sx's. they were softer but still held up good without chunking or wearing out in 7,000miles. down side was the sx's rode like crap. boggers were damn near worthless because unlike a lot of jerks that like to lie about stuff, i knew i didn't have the power to turn them. with boggers you will go to two places, the finish line or china. and they don't work worth a damn in reverse, at all imho. mickey thompson and procomp tires are both junk imho. good year and bfg cost as much as a house for a set of four of anything over 35's and radials are for mall crawlwer. nitto mud grapplers sound promising, but heard they also wear ultra quick.... and they only come in bling rim sizes. and i personally have no experience at all with the pitbull tire line. dave says they(rockers?) were a great all around but less than stellar in straight mud. to each their own, and everyone has different terrain to deal with, but central illinois is mud/ muddy trails with trees, a lot of stumps, mud and more trees with more mud, possibly a few half buried smooth boulders sticking out of the mud, oh and more muddy trails with too many trees and more mud. hawgs work for lower rpm/ lower hp fullsize rigs in muddy situations. i've never had to top 5.5-6k rpm with them to get where i wanted them to take me.

agrh!!!!!! i hate windows7 ms paint !! why change something when it has worked so good for so long???? my days of stupid fun chops may be over
Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Posting Guru

Ok, snapped a pic while the rain slowed down. Firestone makes them. I am gonna see what I can find.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Posting Guru

Might want to scratch that idea, I found them but at around $1100 a tire!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:53 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
and they are not DOT legal for on road use.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Senior User

Team Danger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Im with dan on hawgs being a good tire for a low horsepower rig, ran a set of 38s on a pretty much bone stock f150 with a 300/5speed and had a blast at the local bog.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Elder User

thekingofcows is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yea, hawgs can be fun, and mine are pretty quiet and smooth riding. While they don't pull like boggers, When you have 44s and lockers around my parts you are already so far ahead of the game, there aren't many places you can't go with even bald tires. But I'm sure that other areas are different in that regard.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
Yep, Dan Rockers r great all around. But leave something to be desired in the mud.

Well sometimes. In heavy clay they worked surprisingly well. I had to go recover 3 rigs. One had boggers. Other two had tsls. I basically drove around where ever I wanted. But some of that was the flotation a 19.5 inch wide tire provides.

I still say hawgs suck

Dave

2003 Excursion Limited, V10, 4.88s, 315/75R16s on 16x10s
100% posting from iPhone
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 AM