Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wheel Bearings

DONT BUY AFTERMARKET..

Just had another one go on me @ berwick an hour away from home,thats 2 in just 3 months,do ya self a favour and buy genuine ford front wheel bearings...
Stay away from the chinese junk,the guy i buy them off copped a spray off me and he said you get what you pay for,he said IF anybody tries to tell that their non genuine wheel bearings aint made in china they are full of ****.
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 02-14-2012, 04:31 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
jebus m8 you aint having much luck are ya bro.
Have you done your HPOP and sticks yet ??
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 02-14-2012, 05:10 AM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yer done the HPOP and sticks

Im over Ftrucks..
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 02-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bryan sings (to the 4X beer add tune):

'I can feel a Navara coming on'

Stock truck never felt so sweet!
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 12-18-2013, 01:22 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wheel bearing just went on me.

Have ordered a US made Raybestos premium grade replacement from Rock Auto, $300 including express FedEx shipping, and $115 cheaper than the 'genuine item' in the Oz stealership.

Explains the brake delay at a roundabout last week. Black Audi driver gave me the finger I as overcooked it coming into a roundabout. I thought 'fair cop mate I stuffed up, sorry'.
Another meter further for me & his airbags would have deployed. Exchanging details would have delayed me at least 10 mins then I would have been on my way with a slightly stoved front. He would be waiting there, with his folded Audi.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
Old 12-31-2013, 08:23 AM
Posting Guru

Hi all, happy 2014.

I just fitted up the pair of Raybestos front hubs, no issues, good fit, plug compatible ABS, everything seemed fine, until:

While checking the doco, country of origin = CHINA !

Surprised. If I'd known that I would have paid the extra money for the Timken branded hubs as these are rated on the US Bros forum.

Anyway, both the Raybestos hubs are now fitted and only time will tell whether they're better than the cheap-and-nasty Chinese 'Value' or 'Value-Pro' branded cheapo alternative.

BTW, the original hub-assembly lasted 140,000k's.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Posting Guru

No feedback on the US bros forum regarding Raybestos replacement hubs. Nothing bad, but nothing good either.

The Timken units got a good rap - but someone chimed in to say that some of them are now also made in China - I'm hoping that these previous US brands, Timken and Raybestos, have taken great care of their quality control with their manufacturing shift!

Too late for me now, I'm in 'suck-it-and-see' territory, with my made in China Raybestos front hubs.

If either of these replacement 'professional grade' bearings fail in less than 3 months I'll be spitting the dummy big time!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:38 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter