Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

broke just the mirror case/cover. replacements?

Old 02-14-2012, 03:01 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
broke just the mirror case/cover. replacements?

The state of maryland intelligently drove some new reflectors into the white line on a road I hadn't been down in a while. I didn't see the reflector till too late and it caught the bottom edge of my passenger mirror, breaking off the bottom of the front side of the cover, but not damage any of the mirrors or the turn signals (mine has the tow mirrors with heat and signals). After looking at the pricing on decent mirrors and the quality on the ****ty ebay ones, I am wondering if I can't just replace the front plastic cover? If not, do any of you guys use these chrome mirror covers?
99-07 Ford F250 Excursion Chrome Super-Duty Side Mirror Covers Caps Turn Signal | eBay

I don't like chrome so I'd paint them before installing, but if they would cover the bottom edge of the mirror they would cover up the damage and for $47, I'd have 2 matching mirrors and no visible damage, plus it would be a chance to color match my mirror covers. what do you guys think?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 AM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hasteranger
The state of maryland intelligently drove some new reflectors into the white line on a road I hadn't been down in a while. I didn't see the reflector till too late and it caught the bottom edge of my passenger mirror, breaking off the bottom of the front side of the cover, but not damage any of the mirrors or the turn signals (mine has the tow mirrors with heat and signals). After looking at the pricing on decent mirrors and the quality on the ****ty ebay ones, I am wondering if I can't just replace the front plastic cover? If not, do any of you guys use these chrome mirror covers?
99-07 Ford F250 Excursion Chrome Super-Duty Side Mirror Covers Caps Turn Signal | eBay

I don't like chrome so I'd paint them before installing, but if they would cover the bottom edge of the mirror they would cover up the damage and for $47, I'd have 2 matching mirrors and no visible damage, plus it would be a chance to color match my mirror covers. what do you guys think?

here is the OEM right mirror cover In textured black:
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

here is the OEM right mirror cover in smooth paint to match:
BRAND NEW OEM RH SIDE MIRROR COVER W/ LED TURN SIGNAL 2005-2007 FORD SUPER DUTY | eBay
and the left on in smooth paint to match:
BRAND NEW OEM LH SIDE MIRROR COVER W/ LED TURN SIGNAL 2005-2007 FORD SUPER DUTY | eBay

I had the putco covers on my 05 mirros before I when to the 08 mirrors they looked good for about 3 years till the road salt discolored them.

The OEM paint to match ones are 300 for the pair of covers, you can get a set of 08s mirrors for that if you keep an eye out.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:29 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
none of those are really in my budget right now... I did search for superduty mirror cover and those didn't show up. I think I might take my chances with the cheap chrome ones, paint them, and see how it turns out. for $40 I guess there isnt much to lose.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see you have a 6" lift if you would have had a 12" lift and some 44s you would have missed the reflectors

My wife hit the chain link fence at the kids school waiting to pick them up the DAY I took the paddle mirrors off and put the 08 towing mirros on at least she only scratched them.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:11 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
the lift is for the old truck, my ex is stock height right now. If I had the leveling springs + v codes I have on the porch on, it would have missed it.... just barely clipped it.