Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

Dave, Let's get the gunsmoke rolling

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 3,939 Likes on 1,213 Posts
Dave, Let's get the gunsmoke rolling

And another fight is on......................The people who pull this @$%# had ought to be drawn and quartered and run out of state. ("G" rated red neck version)

Kerwin is a transplanted Allergy Doctor. Not sure where from. DeForest is transplanted from, where else? San Francisco.

"Kerwin and his neighbors, Cathy DeForest and Leon Pyle, who live in a 5,085-square-foot house they built in 2007 near the gun club, say the club's activities are polluting the ground and nearby streams with lead ammunition and that shots from the club are striking their properties. They are represented by attorney Tom Dimitre, who is also chairman of the Rogue Group Sierra Club and a leading opponent of the Mount Ashland ski area expansion."

Common scenario. You move in from out of state (I suppose for a fresh start in a "rural" area), set up a hobby farm and 19K+ sqft mansion and then sue the heck out of everyone when they don't bend over, kiss your millionair #%^& and make it like your old place you couldn't wait to get away from.

This guy is trying to close the gun club to "save the fish". Now I've heard everything! (I think)

"In addition to addressing environmental concerns, the proposed lease seeks to reduce noise impacts on neighbors by banning the use of semi-automatic weapons when they are used on the automatic setting." (How do you do that - I want one?)
Gun Club Fights Back After Millionaire Neighbors Sue to Shut It Down | Fox News Insider

Little sympathy for shooting foes | DailyTidings.com

Old 02-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
He should return to SF or Marin county as soon as possible.

What a tool.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DON'T californicate Oregon, turn them away at the border. I agree with the newspaper article, sounds like more than environmental issues here. The Seirra Club and others like it should be banned from making lawsuits in Oregon. They have done nothing but cause jobs to be lost and suck money off of the federal government do legal actions. How much habitat was lost to his house and vinyard?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
It never fails to amaze me...............Rich Cali folks gripe about Cali and abandon it, escaping to Oregon...............then they try to make Oregon just like the place they left.

Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
What's also amazing is that it is costing the tax payers of Ashland, of which Kerwin nor DeForest are not residents of. They live outside the city limits.

As far as I am concerned , Kerwin is guilty of Blackmail. He threatened to not only to sue the City and the Gun Club if the lease was renewed but he threatened to sue ever City Councilor that owned a gun, shot at the range, knew someone who shot at the range, etc., etc.. Kerwin and DeForest do not live in the city and they bought into existing conditions.

He and his neighbor are going after Ashland and the gun club primarily on enviornmental grounds because they know that they will never win on the noise issue. There is probably an anti-gun element there as well since the Sierra Club is providing the attorney.

Kerwin claims it is not about the noise but his co-plaintiff says it is about noise. Kerwin bought a piece of a cattle ranch (as I understand it) and built a 19K+ mansion (mansion worth over 2 mil per County Tax Records) and put in grapes. Probably wants to shut the gun club up so he can have undisturbed weddings and catering at his vineyard. He's also taken in almost $200K from SmithKline to experiment with unproven drugs on people for "clinical" trials.

They are "worried" about fish getting led poisening but he sure isn't concerned about any of the problems the alcohol he makes causes or the damage it does. Kerwin doesn't wait until drugs are proven before providing them to "voluntary" patients either.

DeForest moved in from Frisco. She and her "partner" built a 5K+ foot mansion. She's and "artist". I would also suspect that one of them has a financial interest in another piece of the cattle ranch that is up for sale right now in the 7 figure range.

The led left behind has value these days. Most ranges have rules against salvaging led from the berms. The reclamation outfits make a lot of money off of gun ranges and / or former gun ranges.

Kerwin can pack up and go back to where ever it is he came from to start with. DeForest and her shack job can take their flower power back to Frisco and leave us alone. They knew the gun club was there when they bought and built. If they don't like it, sue themselves for stupidity. The Ashland gun club did not invite them here and I can't see where they think they have any selfish, self serving, hypocrytical right to force them to change their ways just because they, "the rich elite" anti-gun folks, have moved to town. They put that much money into the mansions, they should have spent a little extra for sound proofing.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
This reminds me of a story about a semi-rich subdivision, put at the end of the runway of a general aviation airport that had been operating since the 30s.............Soon the noise complaints start coming in, finally someone gets a Cessna 182 in the pool of their McMansion...........The uproar was incredible from the residents!, close it now!!!!

Moral of the story was, Don't build your house on the end of a runway........Rich residents 0.......Airport 1.

Of course, like what will happen with the range, the legal appeals will continue forever.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:31 PM
kythri
Mountain Pass
Similar situation happened in the past at the ARPC down in Shedd - guy buys property next door to the existing gun club and builds a house, then starts filing complaints about noise and everything else.

Fortunately, it's gone nowhere as the OSP, LCSO and APD all practice there, not to mention it's a frivolous claim, but the amount of taxpayer dollars wasted (what with everything around the complaint process) as well as ARPC membership dollars in having to defend against this? It's a joke, and yet another reason why our legal system needs to adopt a "losing-plaintiff-pays-all-legal-fees" system.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:33 PM
The Carpathia
Senior User
I was raised in a suburb (of complacent upper middle class white people who didn't like it that hard-working, uncool Asian kids were taking "their kid's" spots at Stanford and U. C. Berkeley) of San Fran.

Yes, IMO, you need to send these stupid, self-centered Californians back from whence they came. Which part of "the gun club was already there?" did they not understand?

I hope to God that Ashland doesn't cave to the pressure to attract more half-a$$ed wannabe "back to the land" immigrants because they'll pay lots of property taxes. It's essentially the Walmart strategy replayed: Rich folks come to exploit cheap land and low cost of living. They have no intention of returning a nickel more to the local economy and tax base than they have to.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
That is just rediculous... it's like the people who want to ban "assault weapons". It's pretty much the same thing as a semi-auto hunting rifle or shotgun, just with extra little rails to put lights and crap on! They're not machine guns!

That's funny, I didn't know that my Glock could be fired in the non-automatic setting! lol

Old 02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
That's funny, I didn't know that my Glock could be fired in the non-automatic setting! lol
Only with a file and a little smithing experience. I didn't realize my AR-15 could go full auto either, or my 1911, 645..................................... Guess it goes to show the deapth of research and the knowledge some of the people who write these articles have.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
You can make a 10/22 full auto... you pull the trigger and it'll empty the whole magazine, it just won't stop firing once you pull the trigger until it's out of ammo.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
If I went Rock N Roll I'd never be able to a ford to shoot or make the mortgage payment. I'll just stay Country Western.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
You can make a 10/22 full auto... you pull the trigger and it'll empty the whole magazine, it just won't stop firing once you pull the trigger until it's out of ammo.
Used to have one of those Intratec Tec-22 Scorpions, used 10-22 mags.........It frequently went full auto as a design malfunction..........I traded it quickly.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Yeah, I'd much rather have a good, consistant semi-auto over a full auto any day.

We did some training with our M16's on 3-round burst mode and it was terrible. You could fire just about as quickly and much more accurately in semi-auto.