6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 PM
nmhs
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
extended warranty

Did anyone buy the Ford ESP extended warranty? Any opinions about the extended warranty?

Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 PM
L&D's Broncos
Die Hard Ford Fan

Extended Warranty

I never bought any warranty until the 6.0 came along.With the diesel I actually went back and bought extra before base ran out. ( You can do this on all Ford's BTW). And it paid for itself time and time again. In my opinion if you are making payments, make sure there is enough warranty to get it to payoff. There is not much on these trucks that is a 100$ repair anymore while still making payments. Adding it into the cost is by far cheapest way to buy it.
Just my opinion

Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 AM
nycsteve
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the ESP on both pickups I bought new in the last 5 years. First time I purchased from the dealer, second I bought the ESP online at half the price. The online ESP is exactly the same FORD product but cheaper because the online seller is dealing in volume. If I remember the #s for my 2011 6.2 were 2200 from the dealership and 1100 online. This was for the 6 year 75000 bumper to bumper. There is also a 7 year 100000 warrenty available for more money. I highly recomend the online guy, Troy Dietrich, the sites web addy is below.
Factory Discount Warranty
Not only prompt email answers but informative and helpful phone conversations. I also got a warrenty through Troy for my wifes Sable.
Personally the ESP is worth it for me. If it covers one issue after the 3 year 36000 runs out it will pay for itself. Theres so much electronics on these trucks with hundreds of expensive little parts, then theres the big parts..... If Im camping far from home and the fibblemixer solonoid goes , Im covered as long as I can get to a Ford dealership. Better safe than sorry IMO.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I bought one too. My dealer cut me a good deal since they were getting a large check. I figured with a new motor/trans, who knows what will happen down the road. Like Steve said, better safe than sorry.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:30 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
I am waiting before I buy one. Going to see if there are any problems that creep up after a few years. You can buy it any time up until your initial warranty expires.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
akbash
Junior User
I was told that the extended warranty only covered drivetrain parts and I would have to furnish receipts showing that the truck had been serviced by a dlr.I always change the oil , etc.so I could'nt prove the service was done, so I,ve never gotten the esp.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:08 AM
L&D's Broncos
Die Hard Ford Fan

Warranty Options

Originally Posted by akbash
I was told that the extended warranty only covered drivetrain parts and I would have to furnish receipts showing that the truck had been serviced by a dlr.I always change the oil , etc.so I could'nt prove the service was done, so I,ve never gotten the esp.
Well they were wrong, there are many different options on ESP. You can get way more miles, less time or more time & less miles. Some drivetrain only or the Premium which covers it all. And like said earlier, you can purchase this anytime BEFORE the base 3-36 or whatever yours has runs out. On diesels it is 5-year 100,000 base.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:10 AM
nycsteve
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope. I would scratch whoever told you this off the list of sources of reliable information. Every point is wrong. Not connected with an ESP is the idea of keeping records and reciepts of maintance procedures. Maintanence records can only help, whether in a resale later, or dealing with Ford if something goes wrong. I do my own oil changes, and keep the reciepts for the filters/oil and keep a log book. This is as good as dealer records.
The ESP premium deal is a bumper to bumper. On mine there is a 50 dollar deductable per incident, but considering the cost of parts and labor, not a big deal. Plus I get dealer mechanics and Ford parts.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

ESP has a few different plans available...

PremiumCare
ExtraCare
BaseCare
PowertrainCare

Also goes from a $0 deductable to a $200 cost.

Plus...can get it for the following months...

36 thru 84 months

Hope this helps...

biz

Old 02-12-2012, 09:52 AM
claycomotrucks1991
Senior User
Originally Posted by nycsteve
Nope. I would scratch whoever told you this off the list of sources of reliable information. Every point is wrong. Not connected with an ESP is the idea of keeping records and reciepts of maintance procedures. Maintanence records can only help, whether in a resale later, or dealing with Ford if something goes wrong. I do my own oil changes, and keep the reciepts for the filters/oil and keep a log book. This is as good as dealer records.
The ESP premium deal is a bumper to bumper. On mine there is a 50 dollar deductable per incident, but considering the cost of parts and labor, not a big deal. Plus I get dealer mechanics and Ford parts.
Keep all your oil change and filter change receipts(oil,air,etc) your be fine

Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
nwt2002
New User
Okay i am in, i checked out fd warranty.com, found as many reviews as possible and think this is worth checking out further. I need some help swaying my cop wife. She thinks it is a total scam, we are buying a new toyota van and i am selling my 06, 6.0 for a used 6.2 f350 and i want the extra protection.

if i can save some dollars in this process i will be a happy man.

I am from canada and have purchased esp for both my ford and toyota's so i know how the system works, i just need to make sure i can convince my wife that this guy is legit.

Any ideas?

thanks
nwt

Old 03-26-2012, 10:41 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by nwt2002
Okay i am in, i checked out fd warranty.com, found as many reviews as possible and think this is worth checking out further. I need some help swaying my cop wife. She thinks it is a total scam, we are buying a new toyota van and i am selling my 06, 6.0 for a used 6.2 f350 and i want the extra protection.

if i can save some dollars in this process i will be a happy man.

I am from canada and have purchased esp for both my ford and toyota's so i know how the system works, i just need to make sure i can convince my wife that this guy is legit.

Any ideas?

thanks
nwt

I think he does Toyota too! One stop shopping...

So...just for the record...I will be buying my ESP from Troy. Been communicating with him now for a few weeks...just trying to prep and get ready when my 2012 F250 comes in. If the local dealer can match or beat...then I will buy from them...but IMHO...they won't even get close. It's good to have that info as you walk in.

I've settled for the ESP ExtraCare with a $50 deductable...and 72 months...100k miles.

biz

Old 03-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Racer5349
Posting Guru
I bought it for my GT 2 years ago, but I passed for my truck as I thought the price to be outrageous. They tack on $700 for hanging a plow on your truck. That would be fine if I plowed commercially, but I only plow about 400' of my private driveway. No way around it.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 PM
curtis40
New User
Ford ESP

I just completed my purchase of the ESP and service plan. Trot Dietrich at Greenfield Ford was outstanding! I save enough for several road trips (e.g. over $2000). All the documentation and proper registration showed up right away. Never have had a better buying experience. I highly recommend him and what he does for us truck owners. Please pass the word on this guy, he is great!

Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 AM
JohnnyThunder
Senior User
I have it on my 09 Escape and my 11 SD. The SD has been using it regularly as they cannot find out why I have a loud noise in the hubs when switching to 4wd.

Quick Reply: extended warranty