6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

extended warranty

Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Stanley Oakville
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranty - Canada - FD-Warranty.com

I live in Canada. My own dealer sells tricare, not Ford's extended warranty. FD-Warranty.com (Factory Discount Warranty) sells the Ford Extended Warranty for less than half of the Canadian price. (I considered conversions of miles to km. and currency.) Ford warranty is valid throughout North America. My local service advisor claims there can be delays in claim processing because: U.S. part numbers are different than Canadian; US Ford warranties don't easily show up on Canadian Dealer computer systems; takes longer dealing with Ford US; converting from km to miles to see if still covered is tough. So...
1. What is the experience of getting US Ford Extended Warranty Claim work done in Canada?
2. I did up an Excel spread sheet comparing coverages from tricare and Ford. I will share this for an opinion.
3. What is the experience with FD-Warranty.com?
4. What is the experience with tricare?

To answer last post. If you plan to keep your vehicle beyond the New Vehicle Basic Warranty period, you may consider buying a plan. You may also want to buy a plan if your truck has extensive high-tech components installed at the factory or buy your Ford dealer. Most plans are transferable to new owners of vehicle, which can add to the value if you sell earlier than planned.

Going the other way, if your truck is still under original factory warranty, you can easily buy an extended warranty. This is less than 36,000 miles (50,000 for Lincolns) and your vehicle was purchased brand new by the original owner less than 3 years ago (4 for Lincolns) then your factory warranty still stands.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM
claycomotrucks1991
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stanley Oakville
I live in Canada. My own dealer sells tricare, not Ford's extended warranty. FD-Warranty.com (Factory Discount Warranty) sells the Ford Extended Warranty for less than half of the Canadian price. (I considered conversions of miles to km. and currency.) Ford warranty is valid throughout North America. My local service advisor claims there can be delays in claim processing because: U.S. part numbers are different than Canadian; US Ford warranties don't easily show up on Canadian Dealer computer systems; takes longer dealing with Ford US; converting from km to miles to see if still covered is tough. So...
1. What is the experience of getting US Ford Extended Warranty Claim work done in Canada?
2. I did up an Excel spread sheet comparing coverages from tricare and Ford. I will share this for an opinion.

To answer last post. If you plan to keep your vehicle beyond the New Vehicle Basic Warranty period, you may consider buying a plan. You may also want to buy a plan if your truck has extensive high-tech components installed at the factory or buy your Ford dealer. Most plans are transferable to new owners of vehicle, which can add to the value if you sell earlier than planned.

Going the other way, if your truck is still under original factory warranty, you can easily buy an extended warranty. This is less than 36,000 miles (50,000 for Lincolns) and your vehicle was purchased brand new by the original owner less than 3 years ago (4 for Lincolns) then your factory warranty still stands.
Next time I will give this a try , sounds like a good deal!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Knothole
Senior User
I am sure that buying an ESP is simple enough, but I would like to hear from folks that have used it.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:36 PM
PistolPete76
New User
Originally Posted by Stanley Oakville

Hi there
I'm from canada and also looking at buying ESP from US from Ford Extended Warranty
I was wondering what is your experience using ESP purchased from USA. I have 7 more days before my original warranty expires so need to make up my mind fast, but would like to know if the service in canada would be good if i get ESP in US.

Thanks for any comments

Old 08-22-2013, 10:35 PM
bcham5
Freshman User
Live in canada, got my warranty extended from 60000 to 100000km then to 200000 kms before my 100k ran out and I'm glad i did, had some rear diff work done , a wheel bearing , and another wheel bearing currently waiting on parts, ball joints on both sides lower done as well as a new trac bar and it pretty much paid for it self and then some and i still have 40k left well worth the 3300 dollars for it if you plan on keeping the truck in the long run

Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 AM
PistolPete76
New User
Good to hear it worked out for u. Did you get the ESP in canada though or US?

Old 08-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Badger Mike
Freshman User
Aftermarket Warranty

Has anyone purchased an aftermarket extended warranty and not the ESP Premium?

Old 09-01-2013, 04:19 AM
rpolar
Freshman User
Just purchased my new 2013 F250 6.2L platinum, Much more truck than my 2011F150 5.0 KR...When dealing with the finance guy he made it sound like I was getting a smoking deal on the ESP, but at $2800 for 6 yrs 60,000 miles it is not a good deal at all. I will be going in tomorrow and cancelling the ESP. If I want it i'll order it online for 1/3 of that price. He also got me on the $2500 6 yr 60,000 mile maintenance, honestly in 6 years if I have to put up $2500 in maintenance then there is something wrong with the truck. It is amazing how fast these guys will throw this info at you and reassure you it is a awesome deal. I am just glad I can cancel this before I spend $5300 dollars for something I do not think I need. I also do all oil changes and minor maintenance myself and keep detailed records of all of it. Great site and will be uploading some pics of the truck soon.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Badger Mike
Freshman User
I went back to my dealer and complained after shopping the warranty. They cut me a new del on the Ford ESP plan. Thanks to this site

Old 11-27-2013, 01:00 PM
cliffj59
New User
Extended Warranty

I just got a quote from the dealer for a 7 yr 100,000 mile Preminum Plan at $2660 and Factory Direct Warranty gave me a quote of $1886 for the same plan. This is not to hard to figure out which one to go with.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 AM
FordmanNJ
Fleet Mechanic

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Hi,

I took quotes to my local dealer. I got a better price once they were going to compete for the business. They verified the quote as legit and matched it within $100 bucks. I am not going to complain about that. Unfortunately the downside of that was sales tax. Your results may vary. However, a big thumbs up to those who said, "Making payments? Get one to cover the cost of repairs while paying off the truck." This is so true.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:46 AM
djm1204
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok so who bought the FORD extended warranty and how much did you really pay ?

Any deals ? contacts ?

Old 12-17-2013, 06:23 PM
pwrov1
New User
Just bought a 2014 F350 6.2L V8. I passed on all the extra stuff. If you are in the market for the ESP though...check here first! And use it to compete with your local dealer! http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com

Old 12-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Chinookman
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i submited a request for a ESP waranty for wife's 2010 Lariat bought new i 2011......never heard back....hmm...that was not a confidence builder........

Last edited by Chinookman; 12-18-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling