Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Freshman User

ATG_Tuning has a good reputation on FTE.ATG_Tuning has a good reputation on FTE.ATG_Tuning has a good reputation on FTE.
Spicer front U-Joint prices

I am compiling a list of where to get the best parts for our trucks at the cheapest prices. I am a firm believer that if you are going to replace something than you use factory or better parts.... so don't expect a list of Chinese knock-offs...that is not what this is. If you like to replace things over and over again than do not read this.

If you want to put parts on your truck that will last and serve you well, then read below.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Freshman User

ATG_Tuning has a good reputation on FTE.ATG_Tuning has a good reputation on FTE.ATG_Tuning has a good reputation on FTE.
This thread started with me simply trying to find the Spicer u-joints at a reasonable price (hence the title). It has since changed to a more comprehensive/growing list of parts we should all have on our trucks. Please add your secrets if you have any... with how things are right now, Lord knows we could all go to save a buck or two.

Below is a list of parts that I have ordered and where I found them at the best price:

Spicer front u-joints - $107.38 w/shipping and tax from drivetrain america (not bad considering most want 65+ for just one)
Moog upper ball joints - $25.16ea w/ free shipping from amazon
Moog lower ball joints - $42.96ea w/free shipping from amazon
Yellow hub o-ring - $4.11ea from Ford (part #F81Z 4A322AA)
Large outer axle seal - $34.06ea w/ free shipping from amazon
Small inner dust seal - $15.51ea w/ free shipping from amazon
Axle needle bearing - $11.98ea w/ free shipping from amazon
Hub o-ring kit (if needed) - $7.90ea w free shipping from amazon
Timken hub/bearing assemblies - $169.99ea w/free shipping from amazon
Taller back lift supports that should have been factory on our trucks (best mod i have done!) - $22.05ea
Front sway bar links - $49.89 and $50.79 for right and left (respectively) from old reliable...RockAuto

A lot of stuff was cheaper at Amazon.com than it was from RockAuto!

Hope this price list helps someone... I will continue posting good prices for items I buy, please do the same, always nice to save a couple dollars. If you have found any of the above items for less, please let me know and i will update the list.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Freshman User

more added

Plan to pick up some energy suspension front poly sway bar bushings soon also... will post where the cheapest i find them is when i get them.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Postmaster

fonefiddy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fonefiddy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hard to belive that You'd buy the more expensive spicer u-joints and then buy cheap Moog Ball Joints. Should have gotten the Spicer B-joints.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...149391.520.390
Old 04-22-2012, 05:37 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
duty, excursion, ford, front, joint, joints, lightning, price, prices, sale, spicer, spl554x, super, truck, universal