1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Oh NO! Found Ultimate Mobile Storage Unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Oh NO! Found Ultimate Mobile Storage Unit

Help Me! Im getting that overwhelming feeling again... You know that one where you just have to have it I must really be sick this time...

I'm just thinking of all the parts and stuff I could store in this bad boy. 51PanelMan would be Jealous. Of course I would have to really step up my game if I was going to try an fill it up

This is the only picture I have of this and I can't quite tell but sure looks like the Ford C cab about 1957-1960??? ish

I've got to get more info on this, any one know much about these like what engines they would have etc etc.

Thanks

here's one from 1977, the box looks similar.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 AM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Josh, Ford kept making that cab design up till about '90, I think. Could have any engine, even diesel.....
I've thought about getting some box trucks or van trailers for storage, but my neighbors would rise up and revolt.....

Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
lol, ya there is no way I could get away with parking this any where near my house. But I am already making use of a friends small grassy parking area next to his barn and horse corral so I could probably use it there. I need an intervention

Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You know, Josh, a friend of mine offered me his 26' box that he converted into a trailer from an old Ryder moving truck before he moved out to Georgia. He was going to give it to me for free, but I declined. I have no where to put it.

So, I'm not jealous. I hope you do get it. You can store a lot of parts in that beast.

Let's all help Josh and chant: GET IT! GET IT! GET IT!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
I'm in trouble now! Supposedly it has a rebuilt 351 C that was installed about 10 years ago but he said he hasn't run it? since install or since 10 years? not sure.

gonna have to go look. oh , its a 1966

Old 02-07-2012, 10:45 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
What I see is the potential of you having more storage space to haul more junk home. I know if I had more storage space I'd have more junk. Right now I've reached my limit so anything I bring home has to either be moved out ASAP or I have to get rid of something else.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
What I see is the potential of you having more storage space to haul more junk home. I know if I had more storage space I'd have more junk. Right now I've reached my limit so anything I bring home has to either be moved out ASAP or I have to get rid of something else.

Well My problem right now is I'm in the middle of too many projects. If I had this for storage I could totally clear out my garage and have space to work in there again.

I have a fairly large 3 car garage, here is a list of whats in there right now. My wifes Montero, 1945 ford GPW, 1929 Tudor Sedan, 1951 F-1 truck cab, 1951 F-1 truck bed, 1952 F6 cab (freshly painted and getting all the rubber and glass installed), welding table, tabletop sandblaster, mobile rolling sandblaster, 3 complete Flathead V'8s, 2 flathead Blocks and enough flathead parts to build about 10 more... , F-6 20" wheels need to be painted, F-1 fenders, Hoods, Cab top, large compressor, Freezer, 7 51 52 grilles, 3 work benches (somewhere buried under the piles.. , 2 upright toolbox chests, 2 bench=grinders, 1 buffer, drill press, press, etc, the usual shop tools and tons of just misc crap and parts...
not to mention bikes, ski's, and pretty much anything else my wife try's to put out there.

I debated parking the jeep outside next to the garage but can't bring myself to doing that without a solid canopy rv pad cover.

maybe this box truck could use a few pallet racks in the back or along the sides and then park the jeep in there with the model A. hmmm, might actually be cheap storage after a year of use??

Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Great minds think alike! I, too, would have a lot more than I have now if I only had the storage space. Since losing the storage spot behind my friend's body shop after he sold it, I've been trying to cram everything in/around my house.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:59 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Josh, you're preachin to the choir here.......we all agree it would be great storage!

Might want to check with the wife first though!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
GET IT! GET IT! GET IT!

Old 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
GET IT! GET IT! GET IT!
DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!

Who says we aren't enablers?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
age62newbie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmadsen
Supposedly it has a rebuilt 351 C that was installed about 10 years ago but he said he hasn't run it?
So, if you have to work on the 351 Cleveland, it becomes..... A SELF-STORING PROJECT! What a concept!!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Get it, dont let it slip away then you will really kick yourself in the butt

Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,833 Likes on 1,833 Posts
LOL...You crack me up!

I'm jealous, I'd love to have it, but like Bob said, if I did have it I'd just fill it up with junk and then I'd be looking for more storage.

Good luck with it
Bobby

Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
This is a funny thread. I am utterly amazed and impressed that you have that much stuff in a 3 car garage.

Josh, if I may, let me play devil's advocate and give you a perspective from the other side of the fence. If I read correctly, your tentative plan is to park that truck on your friend's property next to his barn and horse corral. I have a small farm with a barn, broken down fences, and some pasture land. I've got a bulldozer, some hay equipment, a couple of trailers, and an old dump truck, and don't forget the famous "steer" F-5 sitting out in the open in various corners of my place. In other words, I don't have a perfectly manicured place at all, but I like it. I'm sitting here asking myself how I would react if my friend brought that truck up my driveway and wanted to park it next to my barn. My only conclusion is that I'd probably shoot him. So be warned. I wouldn't worry nearly as much about my wife in that particular situation (because she won't be the one looking at it) as I would that friend. That truck is a very big rolling billboard. But I do like the idea of that truck as compared to an expensive monthly payment on a storage facility.

Quick Reply: Oh NO! Found Ultimate Mobile Storage Unit