Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Dudes and Dudettes among the many

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 09:00 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Ya need a Fart Sucker Intake Adapter. Consists of a 6 inch hose and piping plumbed up under the seat and to your intake.

Note: To installer. If you can smell the fart the system is leaking and not working to full capacity.
I haven't laughed that hard in a while...

Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why thank You Mr Jeans. Yes laughter is good medicine. So is a combination of opiates and alcohol.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
That it is, opiates and alcohol are always a good medicine.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
So Ya Wanna Go Wheelin..

And get a little dirty. Well I've been scheming and theorizing about an off road excursion over the Naches Trail. Ever heard of it?? Its out past Greenwater on Hwy 410. I drove my truck over it about 20yrs ago. (scary to think its been so long). Its real nice scenery, but dont know exactly if its doable in a full size rig.( I went over it with a Jeep club) I do know that if one chooses to not go on the trail, there are FS roads to go around bad\tight areas. Another option is the take a trip up to a excellent viewpoint called Ravens Roost. Its really not much in the way of wheeling since its a 14mi ride up a dirt road, but there is one section where if you choose to attempt a trail, there is one.( my step brother did it in his Jeep, but he's locked up front and rear) Both of these will have to wait till most of the snow has melted since they are both up there in the elevation. (around the 6000ft elev.) So Google it and let me know what ya think. I'm thinking it can be done in the June-July-August time frame, that would also give me extra time to get some much needed work done. Oh, hey ArcticYBlock.....like that ideer for the Fart Sucker Intake Adapter.....always wanted to find a way to capitalize on the excess amount of methane gas!! LMAO

Old 02-11-2012, 06:34 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 79F150400M
And get a little dirty. Well I've been scheming and theorizing about an off road excursion over the Naches Trail. Ever heard of it?? Its out past Greenwater on Hwy 410. I drove my truck over it about 20yrs ago. (scary to think its been so long). Its real nice scenery, but dont know exactly if its doable in a full size rig.( I went over it with a Jeep club) I do know that if one chooses to not go on the trail, there are FS roads to go around bad\tight areas. Another option is the take a trip up to a excellent viewpoint called Ravens Roost. Its really not much in the way of wheeling since its a 14mi ride up a dirt road, but there is one section where if you choose to attempt a trail, there is one.( my step brother did it in his Jeep, but he's locked up front and rear) Both of these will have to wait till most of the snow has melted since they are both up there in the elevation. (around the 6000ft elev.) So Google it and let me know what ya think. I'm thinking it can be done in the June-July-August time frame, that would also give me extra time to get some much needed work done. Oh, hey ArcticYBlock.....like that ideer for the Fart Sucker Intake Adapter.....always wanted to find a way to capitalize on the excess amount of methane gas!! LMAO
You know thats a great idea. I think i was told about that by a fellow coworker. he has a jeep and was telling me about some FS trails off 410 that have easy side roads to pass the hard parts. It sounds like it would be a great trip if a couple peeps wanted to go. I know nothing about that kind of thing but my brother lives a ways up 410 so it wouldn't be that long of a trip. Would we be camping up there? what all would i need to bring to do something like that? Like a gas can and stuff? Maybe if somebody makes the methane conversion fast enough i won't need a gas can ;]

Old 02-11-2012, 09:45 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
You know thats a great idea. I think i was told about that by a fellow coworker. he has a jeep and was telling me about some FS trails off 410 that have easy side roads to pass the hard parts. It sounds like it would be a great trip if a couple peeps wanted to go. I know nothing about that kind of thing but my brother lives a ways up 410 so it wouldn't be that long of a trip. Would we be camping up there? what all would i need to bring to do something like that? Like a gas can and stuff? Maybe if somebody makes the methane conversion fast enough i won't need a gas can ;]
Camping would be a possibility.We you get over to the other side there are plenty of places along the Little Naches River to throw up a tent. Also not a bad idea to bring a gas can. But its not that far distance wise, but a good idea to allow about 4-6 hours. I'd like to pre-run it or maybe I can con my step brother into running it with his Jeep and report back to me. Yes, I think we should try and get a minimum of 2 rigs maybe up to 5 but not a convoy. (but it would be cool!) Mercy sakes Rubber Duck.....

Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ya that sounds like a great idea. If i camped i don't know if i would bother with a tent, i got a bench seat If i can get my tranny rebuilt before then that would be great. I would probably pack a gas can, oil and tranny fluid for both tranny and PS. I do have a stack of wood but i dunno how long i will leave it in my truck. I bought it a while back cause i was going to use it for a fire but i haven't decided to unload it so it h=is kinda stacked:

I think at least 3 people would be cool. We could also look into walkie talkies to keep in touch unless you guys use CB, my brother would probably not mind giving me his but i would need to see how to work one and if this one works at all. Anyways i am getting ahead of myself, haha. I think this is a great idea even if it isn't a serious 4 wheeling trip just a cruze up a dirt road would be fun. Are they open now for driving? I could plan a trip to my brothers house for a weekend and me and him could go peek around or something. But ya i think this is a great idea.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:15 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
Cool!

Your on the right track, Dylan. One should carry things like that when traveling off road. I usually carry a tool box as well to deal with most situations. Walkie talkies are an excellent idea, I threw out the CB radio...it just seemed so...whats the word.....70's?? LOL I forgot to mention in earlier posts that the trail is closed to 4x4's till July 15, but
I 'm sure the roads are open, snow pack and all. Did you Google the Naches Trail?? It should direct you to a jeep site that has some pics and a map....which reminds me. If you have a Washington atlas/gazetteer that would be handy. Those are available at local bookstores.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:38 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I did see the site, i figured CBs were out of date too. I can look at the local gas station for the gazetteer, what is it? Is it some sort of map book or something? When i was talking to the guy who goes out there about once a year he was saying it was called something like Forest Service Road 40 or something. Once i get my tranny rebuilt i will take a look at my funds and maybe top my tank off and drive out there to explore a little. As for the stuff i mentioned bringing, to me it seems like common sense stuff. I always have my toolboxes cause i have had times where i broke down and didn't have any and with my truck being as.... Finicky, as it is you never know when it will quit.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
No, you wont find a Washington atlas/gazetteer at a gas station. Barnes and Noble would have one, maybe. I'd say Borders but they are out of business. Amazon.com maybe??? Forest Service Rd 70 would be the one to get you to the trail. After that I think a map would be your friend cuz I don't remember exactly how to get to a trail.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ah ok. So what is the gazeteer thing?

Old 02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Walker Valley ORV is farther away from you guys, but supposed to be lots of fun. Don't think a full sized rig would make it, but a bronco might. I have some friends who go up there with Cherokee's and Yota's, and a scout 2, and they say its a ton of fun. They are open year round, and have snow now

Old 02-15-2012, 11:17 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 79F150400M
Thanks, just ordered one for WA, ORV valley huh? How far away is it?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Outside of Mount Vernon.

Quick Reply: Dudes and Dudettes among the many