Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
BoulderBronco, Chris, you got mail!

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 02-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Posting Guru

maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.
Citizen GaKar
t3 Truck winch bumper

Click the image to open in full size.
1968 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep 6x6
2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 SSV (S.O. Patrol Vehicle)
M998 HMMWV (S.O. SAR vehicle)
Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Posting Guru

GNR22 has a good reputation on FTE.GNR22 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteBeast View Post
I would rather rake my man pieces over hot coals than have that rusty pipe bumper on any vehicle of mine. And for you to try and call out a legitimate bumper manufacturer just shows how ignorant you are.
And to call me out and insult me? Maybe you should pull your head out of your behind. To think that my "rusty pipe bumper" is of below par standards is quite insulting. I'm more than positive that MY bumper is superior to anything you're going to every buy or build. Ignorance? No. Assurance? Yes. If that bumper goes anywhere it's taking the frame with it.
And since that picture was taken it has been sand blasted and powdercoated black. I don't care how "legitimate" that company thinks it is.
-1989 F250 (RCLB) 4x4, 4speed NP435 tranny, SAS D44HD, 351w, 3.55 (L/S front and rear), F250/350 Hybrid Suspension, Pacesetter Shorty Headers, into 3" Summit Racing Street and Strip Mufflers, 235/85R16 Uniroyal Liberators.
-1994 Thunderbird LX, Moonlight Blue, 4.6L, Automatic, Bone Stock
-2012 Focus SE
Old 02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Elder User

TheWhiteBeast is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just don't say they are overcharging for their product. The time it takes to properly weld up the thick metal they use, make it look smooth, research and development ETC demands a price like that. If you don't like the price, don't buy it, but don't call them out on their price. What you are saying is that you are the best bumper builder ever, and I can't ever hope to build a bumper as good as yours. If what you posted a picture of is the best bumper ever, I will take the worst. The BroncoAir bumpers have super clean weld lines as do Ranch Hand. I totally smashed a toyota full of illegals one day who ran a red light and my bumper didn't even have a dent, made by Ranch Hand.

Like said before, if you factor in the man hours it takes to make a bumper like that, it has already paid for itself. I am sure your bumper does what it is intended to do, but to say it is better than anything on the market is just silly.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Elder User

TheWhiteBeast is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
And I am done, before the mods get on to me.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Elder User

732t37 has a good reputation on FTE.732t37 has a good reputation on FTE.
Personally I really like railroad tie bumpers. I won't argue they look good, but I find them very good for the following reasons:

-Super, super cheap
-Can push cars with little damage, better yet with mats draped over them
-All you need to make one is a chainsaw and a drill
-Did I mention they're cheap?

Obviously they wouldn't work too well for a lifted truck. But otherwise I find them very well-suited to the urban jungle.

Thanks for all the great pictures fellas, I think you've put some of the "legitimate manufacturers" to shame. I certainly would rather have one of those nice custom bumpers of yours than follow the rude suggestion made by one of the other users. That was pretty disgusting, dude.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
New User

Stainless 45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That T3 looks pretty good, I'll have to look into that.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Elder User

Jimbo302 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1701 View Post
t3 Truck winch bumper

Click the image to open in full size.
That looks great. Any more info or links?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:35 PM
New User

Stainless 45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went with the Apache- Well made, good fit, with a grill guard ("Euro bar") and shackle mounts, all for about $1,100. Will post pics later.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
96, aftermarket, building, bumper, bumpers, custom, f250, f350, forum, front, home, materials, nj, powered, truck, vbulletin