Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Post Fiend

just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
Everyone Welcome Chad149

Stop in and say hello to Chad149 and Welcome to the Michigan Chapter!!

My name is Pat, i have not purchased a firearm in 2
day (s). I am Strong, I dont need another Firearm, I am happy purchasing ammo for the fire arms I have. Purchasing the wrong ammo is not an excues to buy another firearm.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Senior User

pjerrn has a good reputation on FTE.pjerrn has a good reputation on FTE.pjerrn has a good reputation on FTE.
Hello and welcome to our corner of FTE
Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Postmaster

Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks for putting up with me in advance.... I'm in the Milford area (will try to get that posted on the map once i figure it out). I work on Sprinter vans for a living so if I can ease anybodys suffering here PM me and will help out. See ya around.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Official BeerMaster #1

SDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputation
https://www.facebook.com/mike.blackport
Welcome to the Michigan Chapter. Enjoy our little corner of FTE. If you brought beer with you, that gets handed to me.... all of it... thankyouverymuch.

Mike -
2000 4x4 CC LB F-350 7.3L SuperChips Flashpaq, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6637.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
Dude you get thirsty at mid swallow of your beer, don't hide it.......
Warning: Drinking may cause memory loss. Or worse. Memory loss.

Found Often Rescuing Dumbasses.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Postmaster

Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.Chad149 has a spectacular reputation.
.........If you brought beer with you, that gets handed to me.... all of it... thankyouverymuch. [/quote]
Thems fighting words....
Old 02-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Official BeerMaster #1

SDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputation
Oh I'll share. Its Rich you have to watch out for.

Mike -
Quote:

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Postmaster

Dually noted.....
Old 02-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Posting Guru

Not_His_F250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome ....

now now boys,,play nice !
Old 02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Welcome Chad. Can't wait to hear some insight on the Sprinter vans.
2014 Escape Titanium Ecoboost 2.0crappyMPG!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Official BeerMaster #1

My buddy owns Snack Time, has a bunch of Sprinters. So far he's not very impressed. Stupid stuff like harmonic balancers falling apart, A/C systems that constantly fail, stuff like that. They run great, but it seems like everything attached to the motor is crap.

Mike -
Quote:

Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Do they all use the same diesel power train?
Old 02-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Official BeerMaster #1

Some of them are 5 cylinders (earlier ones) and others are 6. He's had the same problems with all of them. It's just nickle and dime stuff. The other day an intercooler line blew off. Clamp was a pos. Reinstalled with a real clamp. But, when they run, they run well. And he's impressed with the mileage he gets from them. It just drives him (and me because I'm the one going over to help) nuts with all these little things that go wrong. They also like to eat their idler pulleys for lunch, and sometimes dinner. Keep in mind, these trucks have 150,000 miles on them. Their first 100 were absolutely problem free.

Mike -
Quote:

Old 02-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart View Post
Do they all use the same diesel power train?
First gen had two different five cylinders-early and later. Changes were a new intake and eletric in tank lift pump. Second gen (07 and newer) all havve 3.0 liter V6s. All are 5 speed autos. Haven't seen a balencer come apart on a V6 yet. Germans didn't discover how A/C was supposed to work until a few years ago(and that goes for all of them). Just now getting somewhat reliable. My biggest problem that I see on the old ones is rust-they just look horriable after a few years. The V6 may need its intake removed and cleaned out if it sees much bio-diesel; wet stacks reallly bad for reason. If you put a lot of miles on(like 10k a month) I feel there a good choice. See them come in routinely over 300k on original motor/trans. Record stands at 618000k right now.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Posting Guru

Thanks for the info. I have always thought it would be cool to buy a used one and make my own RV.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Postmaster

I don't know why, but those darn things hold there value almost as well as a Ford truck....it would still be an expensive home built RV if you want under 200k miles and look presentable.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 PM