Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Senior User

Bowhunter2001 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2009 F150 with leaking tranny only when sitting

I have a 2009 F150 that when I came home from Cabo Monday, had a big puddle of fluid under the truck. I took it to Ford and they said it was some type of bolt on the tranny that is nationally backordered for who knows how long. They topped off my fluid and told me I would be good to go till the part comes in. So a $50 charge on my Platinum extended warranty and out the door till part comes in.

Anyone heard of this problem? Just want to keep the dealer honest.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
I haven't heard of it but I would like to know more details: what bolt? part number? If it's on national backorder, does this mean it's a common problem?

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Old 02-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Senior User

He said it was a common problem. I don't have any #'s. I really didn't understand what he was talking about except it was a part associated with the tranny and he said a bolt of some sort.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Senior User

REDFORDFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunter2001 View Post
He said it was a common problem. I don't have any #'s. I really didn't understand what he was talking about except it was a part associated with the tranny and he said a bolt of some sort.
It is called the bulkhead connector it is not a bolt, It is where the wires run into the tranny. There is a TSB dont recall the #. My Dealer did mine back in Dec. No charge. Need to take pan off to replace with new Oring type connector.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
It's probably this one: 11-3-25*** 6R80 TRANSMISSION BULKHEAD CONNECTOR SLEEVE LEAKING TRANSMISSION FLUID

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Old 02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor

FORDSVTPARTS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.FORDSVTPARTS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunz View Post
That sounds like the one. It's become common on the 09s, but is a fairly minor repair. The only downside has been the parts are tough to get right now
Old 02-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDSVTPARTS View Post
That sounds like the one. It's become common on the 09s, but is a fairly minor repair. The only downside has been the parts are tough to get right now
I have 77K on the truck and have the premium warranty with $50 deductible. Since it isn't recall, do I still have to pay the $50?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor

FORDSVTPARTS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.FORDSVTPARTS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunter2001 View Post
I have 77K on the truck and have the premium warranty with $50 deductible. Since it isn't recall, do I still have to pay the $50?
That particular TSB does not appear to give any extention to the warranty coverage so since you're into the ESP I believe you'll have to pay the deductible.

Keep in mind though, I'm just a parts person so it might not hurt to talk to your service advisor for a definitive answer.

-Steve
Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Senior User

That's what it was. They replaced it today and the truck wouldn't start. They said they adjusted pin 10 for fit and it now starts.
Do you think this pin will give me any problems down the road or not?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:18 PM
New User

BigMightySam5600 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Same Issue, However I noticed my trans was leaking on a very very cold day after the vehicle had not ran for a day. Which lead to my thoughts being the connector is/was the weak link in the bulkhead and fluid vented through that weak point and out onto the crossmember, I'm no fluid viscosity or dynamics expert but thars ma 2 cents.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Senior User

hooler1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Had the same thing happen on mine. I bought my truck off of a used car lot, and a week or two after I brought it home it (the transmission bulk head connector) was leaking. I called the used car dealership, and they told me that that truck was under 60K miles so it was still in warranty. They even offered to take it to a Ford dealer for inspection and repair. Which they did. The Ford dealer verified it was a bad bulk head connector and the parts would take like 30 days to come in. I thought that sounded like quite a while, so I called another dealership that sells Fords and Chevys on the same lot. I just recently bought a new Impala from them, and I wanted to see how good their service department was. Well they found like 60 of them in a regional Ford parts depot, and received the part and installed it later on in the week. Since the truck was in warranty, I did not have to pay for the bulkhead connector, the transmission fluid, or the labor. But since they had to drop the pan to replace the bulkhead connector, I paid for a filter kit, so they could replace the transmission filter too. I figured it made since to turn it into a transmission service while they had the pan off, and dropping the old fluid anyway. I think the moral of the story is that the 2nd dealership was actually interested enough to check around for the parts. Next time I am looking for a vehicle, I know where to start!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:40 PM