Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Senior User

cbakker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Banks Transcommand + Punisher VB?? Lightning guys?

I just got my punisher VB from paul, and he told me that I probably don't need both. I already had bought the transcommand and I would still like to use it.

My specific application;
'97 F250HD
460 + E4OD

Have anyone seen any antagonism or negative effects of running the two together?

I'm also looking for any info on using a 6 bolt TC with the 460+E4OD combo.
I can't find any 6 bolt flex plates for the 460 in any year.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Postmaster

Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.
Shifts might be a bit too hard for your liking possibly?

We did a trans-go shift-reprogramming kit on my friends truck, but we had to fine tune the shift pressures with the tuner to get it where he liked it.

1987 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 2.9

Needs a lot of work, including some rot on the body, but shes getting there.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:39 PM

Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.
As mentioned above, you can change the TV pressure values for shift transitions, and that will help dial it in nicely.

I lowered the values under normal driving conditions, so the shift transitions or nice and easy. For heavy throttle conditions, I raised those values so it yields a nice snap for each shift.

I've been running/abusing a Circle D converter for years now and no problems to speak of. It's a multi-disk lockup that is much stronger than stock with a 3000 stall speed (you can get them with a lower stall speed too). Their website doesn't have info for E4OD applications so it'd be best to call them.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Freshman User

1925mosin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ben Outzen
I have the Banks on my 94 lightning. It shifts hard and it takes some getting used to. but you stop noticing it after a while unless you have a lead foot :P
Old 02-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Senior User

Blown349 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd try the valve body alone then add the banks if you want firmer shifts.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:49 AM
New User

Killer Ride is starting off with a positive reputation.
Definitely run the valvebody first. Mechanical is always better than a computer for Tranny upgrades. Also a firmer shift is actually better for the longevity of the transmission. Smooth shifts require a longer transition= heat =Bad for tranny. Jus sayin
Old 02-07-2012, 11:49 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150

Tags
banks, body, circle, converters, e4od, ford, lightning, lower, powered, punisher, regional, sale, stall, transcommand, valve, vb, vbulletin