Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

1996 F150 4.9L PCM?

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:33 PM
BGBRY BGBRY is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17
BGBRY is starting off with a positive reputation.
1996 F150 4.9L PCM?

Hey Everyone,

I hope someone could help me on this newly acquired '96 4.9 5-speed from California? My problem is that I can't get it to pass smog because the PCM doesn't read the 3 new O2 sensors that I installed. The previous owner told me that he could. Ever get it to pass, so he just did it illegally. He told me that the problem was electrical and the Ford dealer couldn't figure it out. I bought this truck because it was very cheaply priced and it runs great 99% of the time. The other 1% it runs rough after starting it up again after driving it for a while, but this is rare. Any suggestions? Where is the PCM? Is it under the dash to the right of the steering column?

Thanks!

Bryant
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Lazy K Lazy K is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,402
Lazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to all
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...m-95-f350.html have a read here for PCM location and how to remove.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 PM
BGBRY BGBRY is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17
BGBRY is starting off with a positive reputation.
I forgot to mention that the PCM is NOT throwing out any codes at all.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PCM or fuel pump? jlgriff76 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 3 10-14-2013 02:56 PM
wont start after PCM replacement dgpach Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L) 4 03-02-2010 08:04 PM
Starter Motor Problem BGBRY 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 17 12-01-2008 06:12 AM
91 update PCM tomanycars Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 13 11-11-2005 01:43 PM
f-100 4" body lift possible ? bryan_T Offroad & 4x4 25 02-22-2004 01:07 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1994, 1996, 49, 49l, 96, buy, f150, ff150, ford, liter, location, motor, pcm, remove, wwhere

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup