1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputable Mechanic on Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 08:52 PM
sscheitel
5th Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Reputable Mechanic on Long Island

Hello All

2010 F250 V10 runs great but having issues with heat and ac. Ticking noise coming from behind the dash...most likely the door flap. The one way in the back, I suppose.

I need a good mechanic local on Long Island that knows Ford x50's. I want a real pro...

I also want this mechanic to look over the truck with a fine tooth comb and fix anything else that I might not see/hear.

I live in Suffolk County on Long Island but would be willing to travel to get my truck to the right shop.

Thanks
Steve

Old 01-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Steve, can’t help you with your request but I would think Google would be your friend here.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:29 AM
sscheitel
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Colorado350
Steve, can’t help you with your request but I would think Google would be your friend here.
you would think, but no.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:44 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
I can't help with Long Island, not sure where in LI you are. But if you're willing to take the Bridgeport Port Jeff ferry over to CT I would recommend the 2 by me - Colonial Ford in Danbury and Shaker Family Ford in Watertown CT. I have more experience with Colonial so recommend you try them 1st.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:33 PM
sscheitel
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Chuck-B
I can't help with Long Island, not sure where in LI you are. But if you're willing to take the Bridgeport Port Jeff ferry over to CT I would recommend the 2 by me - Colonial Ford in Danbury and Shaker Family Ford in Watertown CT. I have more experience with Colonial so recommend you try them 1st.
thanks Chuck. I have dealerships here around my area that I would consider but my thinking is that their mechanics aren’t used to working on older trucks and maybe don’t have any experience dealing with older truck problems consider 99% of the time they are working on new vehicles. Idk just me thought process.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:19 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Sayville Ford used to host an "All Ford" car show, they haven't in years. But I have no idea what their work ethic and knowledge base is.

I think the best you can hope for is an open, transparent and honest dealership. I've found that the best way to do that is talk to the folks bringing up known issues - like "geez, I can't believe Ford didn't upgrade the Cold Side Intercooler hose on the new Super Duties, I frequent FTE and there are a bunch of guys that have had that hose let go leaving them stranded". Are they willing to engage in the conversation, do they defend Ford, do they agree with you, do they say "we've replaced a bunch" or give you "we haven't experienced that". You may want to then BS about your V10, to gauge their experience. I kind of BS about "generic" stuff as well, "I can't believe Ford is going to stop making cars", "What do you think about the all electric F150, is it a reaction to Tesla coming out with one". If others join in the conversation, that's good. Or is it "all business", short answers, with "what can we do for you". The best is try to find a time when they are not busy. Like 7 / 9am is probably not the best time to try and have a conversation. 10 / 10:30 - 2 /3 if you can get there. I think it does a couple things, lets you gauge them and lets them know you're no dummy, you're probably going to check up on stuff they tell you. Good luck.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:24 AM
sscheitel
5th Wheeling
Thanks Chuck. I’ll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:32 AM
sscheitel
5th Wheeling
Got another question: when I fill up the tank the truck will let no more than 2-3 gallons of gas into the tank before it clicks, stops and acts as if the tank is full. VERY ANNOYING. I’m certain that it is an air flow issue...as it fills you can hear the air chocking before it stops. Takes me 25 min to fill tank. And my usual mechanic cannot seem to fix this issue. Part of the reason I have little faith in their abilities to service the truck as a whole. There are other reasons but not applicable here. Seriously disturbing as they are awesome at servicing my cars.

Ill add that we use this truck to pull my Jayco camper all of the USA so you can see my concern to find a good servicing facility for my truck.

Any thoughts?

thanks again Chuck!!

Old 02-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
No idea what could be causing the nozzle to kick off. I kind of had a bit of an issue with my '04. I would back the nozzle off as much as possible and lock it in on the middle lock setting. Not sure if NY has removed the ability for nozzles to be locked in. I used to have a little piece of wood that I would carry in my glove box to place between the bottom of the nozzle and trigger. But backing the nozzle out and resting it on the top of the filler neck helped with my '04