Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Tulsa Area GTG @ Gary's

The next Tulsa area FTE meet & greet, or GTG, is scheduled for March 17th. We'll gather about 1:00 PM and go for as long as we want. And, before you ask, this is FTE-wide, not limited to models. But, my bet is the 80-86 trucks will outnumber the others.

For those that haven't been to my shop, please PM me or send me a message via email and I'll send directions.

Ciao,
Gary
Old 01-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Weather and other factors permitting, I'll try to be there.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 01-25-2012, 04:18 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Sounds good! It is entirely possible only 4x4's will be here on that day as we've seen some of our heaviest snows in March. But, looking at the picture from last year, which was about the same time, maybe we'll get that weather all over again.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm, what to drive?
The Ranger F100, the Ranger F150, or the Ranger B2300.....

I know! The Rx7! But which one? (got 3 of those too)

Or, if it snows, the SIL's Bronco II.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Elder User

ncfirefighter46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i can try to be there but it would be after 1 pm i get in at 7 am from work i need to get some sleep lol
Old 01-26-2012, 09:22 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

We won't even start until after 1 PM, so that'll work fine. I see I have a PM from you, so assume that's for directions. Coming right up.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Posting Guru

jwtimme is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
gary I hope to bring the race car this time, hope we have some nice weather
Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Elder User

ncfirefighter46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
got your pm gary and nice weather is always a plus i look forward to the GTG it is always nice to put a face with a name make new friends. because you never know when you might need there help.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Coolest Guy on FTE

bruno2 has a very good reputation on FTE.bruno2 has a very good reputation on FTE.bruno2 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I plan on being there with the Bronco. Maybe next yr I will have Whitey dressed up and looking presentable for the GTG.

I was wondering if we should try to do a state wide function sometime. I have seen some OKC and that area members on the board. Maybe when we have some nice weather we could organize something at some location in the middle and have a big gathering. Like a lunch or something to that nature. I was just thinking it would be nice to have an inside track on what the salvages in that area have as well as what some of the members have for parts they either need or want to sell. Just a thought.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:11 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2 View Post
I plan on being there with the Bronco. Maybe next yr I will have Whitey dressed up and looking presentable for the GTG.

I was wondering if we should try to do a state wide function sometime. I have seen some OKC and that area members on the board. Maybe when we have some nice weather we could organize something at some location in the middle and have a big gathering. Like a lunch or something to that nature. I was just thinking it would be nice to have an inside track on what the salvages in that area have as well as what some of the members have for parts they either need or want to sell. Just a thought.
Good idea. Maybe we can discuss it at the GTG, including a good location.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Sounds like fun. Thanks for the invite Gary. I hope to make it this time. (Hope the winter weather is gone by then too. )

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarxtc View Post
Sounds like fun. Thanks for the invite Gary. I hope to make it this time. (Hope the winter weather is gone by then too. )
Good! As for the weather, if this weather is gone what will replace it? We've got 61 at the moment and it is only 1:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:06 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Reminder - Two weeks from today!!

Ok folks, just a reminder - the meet & greet is 2 weeks from today. I have the following as probably showing, but if I'm wrong please advise.
  • Ellen & Clint Knox (don't remember Ellen's handle)
  • Bruno2
  • Rogue_Wulffe
  • Yaga1973
  • ncfirefighter46
  • jwtimme
  • Uncle_Meat
  • cigarxtc
This isn't limited to any series of truck. In fact, it isn't even limited to Ford trucks as I think a Mazda may show, although I think the FE is begging for some road time.

And, we may actually work on a truck or two. I'm hearing that we may do a how-to on window motor rebuilds. Further, I plan to have Rusty off the lift by then so you could put your ride on there to do something or just see what it looks like. Or, maybe change oil and filter?

Anyway, I hope you can come. The more, the merrier!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Coolest Guy on FTE

bruno2 has a very good reputation on FTE.bruno2 has a very good reputation on FTE.bruno2 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would like to do a power window "how to" while we are out there. It would make a neat thread and I/we(hopefully I can get the jist of uploading pics) could post some pics of the FTE bunch in action. Both my passenger side window and the tailgate window motors need some attention. However, I have heard the tailgate window takes a little while to get the motor off and on . So I think if I just do the passenger window it would be wonderful. I dont want to hog up all the GTG time so that others could do something if they needed to . I am sure there will be trucks and stuff we might want to go for a ride in as well. I saw some neat looking stuff in the mugshot section of some the rides that were there last yr. I am planning on bringing Kris my son if I can get him away from his PS3 for a little while.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2 View Post
I would like to do a power window "how to" while we are out there. It would make a neat thread and I/we(hopefully I can get the jist of uploading pics) could post some pics of the FTE bunch in action. Both my passenger side window and the tailgate window motors need some attention. However, I have heard the tailgate window takes a little while to get the motor off and on . So I think if I just do the passenger window it would be wonderful. I dont want to hog up all the GTG time so that others could do something if they needed to . I am sure there will be trucks and stuff we might want to go for a ride in as well. I saw some neat looking stuff in the mugshot section of some the rides that were there last yr. I am planning on bringing Kris my son if I can get him away from his PS3 for a little while.
Great - both for Kris coming awa the project. And, as I said in the PM, I'll show you how to use rubber hose instead of nuts to replace the bushings in the window motors. Gives the cushioning that Ford planned on with the bushings, but doesn't disintegrate.

And, we can post the pics directly to your FTE albums right from the shop during the GTG.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
1977, 48, area, f1, f150, ford, forums, gtg, parts, ranger, sale, seo, truck, tulsa, xlt