Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Elder User

DieselVol is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Seat foam

Got my donor truck for the 2wd to 4wd conversion in town over the weekend. The side job of changing out the seats took a hit when I learned that not everybody takes good care of their stuff. I found leather seat cover replacements on EBay, but have not found seat foam for the really trashed driver seat. Anybody know where you can get the foam? Thanks.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Postmaster

Sarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to behold
Get them right from ford or have an upohlstry shop make them, it will be more if the shop makes them tan you ca buy them from Ford for.

Sarge

Can you post some pictures of what you are doing, I have ben following your ESOF thread, and was just curious of what you are working with.
Bilstien Leveling Kit 5100's / DiPricol Optix Guages
Garrett Power Max / 155's With 30% Nozzles
2012 Keystone Laradeo 324RL w/ Reese Goose Box
Old 01-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge261 View Post
Get them right from ford or have an upohlstry shop make them, it will be more if the shop makes them tan you ca buy them from Ford for.

Sarge

Can you post some pictures of what you are doing, I have ben following your ESOF thread, and was just curious of what you are working with.
Never would have thought that! Does Ford also sell the seat covers? I am taking pictures and do plan to post as soon as I get time to upgrade my account and figure out how to do it. So far, it all seems do-able. Even people who think I'm nuts have to agree it should work after I show them the plan.
The donor is an '06 FX4, same seats, just it has continuous heat where mine cuts off. Connectors look the same, so I'm expecting plug and play results. I just need to get the donor seats to look as good as my seats that are 3 years and 65k miles older. Man, take care of your stuff!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Postmaster

Sarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to behold
If your seats are in that good of shape why not disassmeble you seats and swap the nec. parts on to the other seats, althoug I would think it could be something as simple as the heated seat swich causing the issue.

My 06 has a timer on it, and it shuts off after about 10-15 minuites I believe.

Im pretty **** about my truck, and take real good care of it. If you do go to the dealer and price up the leather overs you better hang on to your shorts last I knew they were about 500 per piece. I put a set of WetOakle seat covers on mine about 4 ears ago and I should hope that the leather is preserved fairly well someday I may take them off, but my dog goes with me everywhere and I worry about him ruining the leather.

Cant wait to see pics,

Sarge
Old 01-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Elder User

Well, I was under the impression that all of the '06s had the continuous heat seats. All '03s had the cut off models, but later trucks did not. This may all be a screwup on my part. Anybody know for sure?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Postmaster

I could be wrong for sure as well. I dont use the heated seats as much with the seat covers I have. I do know that my seats heat up quick so I always wind up shuting them off after a minuite or 2.

Sorry if I gave t ewrong information

Sarge
Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge261 View Post
I could be wrong for sure as well. I dont use the heated seats as much with the seat covers I have. I do know that my seats heat up quick so I always wind up shuting them off after a minuite or 2.

Sorry if I gave t ewrong information

Sarge
Not a problem, I just hope that you did! The covers are less on EBay, but I can't vouch for the quality. They appear to be Ford, but may be a knock-off.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Postmaster

If I wsnt warm in my chair sitting in front of my fire place I would go out and check for you.

I would love to find a set of 08-10 SD seats that were taken out of a clean SD. I added the 08-10 center console and took the arm rests off my seats so I have the nubs sticking out.

Sarge
Old 01-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Elder User

I have the same nub issue to deal with on the '06 seats. Plan is to remove the nub (by some magical means yet to be discovered) then put seat covers from a non-armrest model on. It'll be like they were never there. In addition to beating up the seats and not being able to drive (thus it being a donor truck) the previous owner trashed the center console I WAS going to use.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Postmaster

I have a Greay 06 Lariat console laying around Im never gonna use. Its in good shape, has a small scratch on the wood grain insert on the lid.

Sarge
Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Elder User

Let me look at the nub situation and if that turns out to be a major hurdle, I'll get back with you.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 AM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Rockauto.com also has seat covers.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
1999, 2000, 97, automotive, duty, explorer, f150, f250, foam, ford, lightning, sale, seat, super, truck