1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Little help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:58 AM
ZOOT
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Little help?

I haven't been getting an email notification when someone responsed to a thread I've started or in reply to existing post. I went into user cp and checked the defult settings, what am I doing wrong?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
sosotwo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think you have to do it when you post or reply scroll down the page
hope it helps

Old 01-21-2012, 01:45 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
It doesn't work much of the time

Old 01-21-2012, 06:50 PM
brain75
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've found that it seems to have some time thresholds and logged in factors, if you have FTE up in any way shape or form you wont get emails. If you have multiple replies in a short duration it will only send you an email for the first and then defer for a certain period of time or time gap in posts.

Friday evening I kept getting 404's for all of FTE, my guess the webserver was having issues - that of course caused lots of missed emails.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I don't always get notifications for replies to posts I contribute to. I'll check the board and find numerous posts that were added to and get nothing. It seems to go in spurts, some times I don't get any for a day or two, then I get them continuously. FTE always seems to have clitches.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOOT
I haven't been getting an email notification when someone responsed to a thread I've started or in reply to existing post. I went into user cp and checked the defult settings, what am I doing wrong?
Hey Zoot! I just wanted to say I am glad you kept your truck! Hope everything is goin better for ya!

Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 AM
ZOOT
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Jeff and Nicole. The wife wouldn't let me sell it. I still haven't found work, I think it's an age thing. I'm 61 and many employers are not inclinded to hire someone even if you have 35 years experience as I do. They don't want to invest in someone who may only work for another five years. I get it but it's very frustrating and stressfull. Funny thing is I never wanted to be an optician in the first place. My Dad pushed me into it. I have a Masters in Fine
Arts in Furniture Design and Sculpture and this unemployment situation has given me some time to realize I should get back to what I wanted in the first place. So I've been reorganizing my shop so I can start making jewelry and selling it on the web. Alot of older folks start cottage businesses to bring something in while hoping for a 'regular job'.
Sorry to be so long winded but you asked, part of the FTE family these issues creep into this forum. But the simple answer is yes I am feeling better and feeling more productive. Lucky for me, I inherited some money after my Dad passed last March and my wife is still working and I'm on unemployment, so we're ok. Thanks for your concern, it's most appreciated, Dean

Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOOT
Thanks Jeff and Nicole. The wife wouldn't let me sell it. I still haven't found work, I think it's an age thing. I'm 61 and many employers are not inclinded to hire someone even if you have 35 years experience as I do. They don't want to invest in someone who may only work for another five years. I get it but it's very frustrating and stressfull. Funny thing is I never wanted to be an optician in the first place. My Dad pushed me into it. I have a Masters in Fine
Arts in Furniture Design and Sculpture and this unemployment situation has given me some time to realize I should get back to what I wanted in the first place. So I've been reorganizing my shop so I can start making jewelry and selling it on the web. Alot of older folks start cottage businesses to bring something in while hoping for a 'regular job'.
Sorry to be so long winded but you asked, part of the FTE family these issues creep into this forum. But the simple answer is yes I am feeling better and feeling more productive. Lucky for me, I inherited some money after my Dad passed last March and my wife is still working and I'm on unemployment, so we're ok. Thanks for your concern, it's most appreciated, Dean
You are right! I did ask! and it's not long winded at all! We all have our moments of hard times and was just remembering yours. I think it sucks that, in todays society, we are a number with an end result to profit and loss statistics...How can we, as "willing to work" people, continue to maintain a positive attitude about employers? I feel for you and anyone else that has to deal with that. Good Luck with the self employment! And I hope you get filthy rich on it!

Old 01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
little ones garage
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello i am new to this so bear with me. I have a 1950 F-1 I am restoreing I have it taken apart down to the bare frame. Which I have wire bursh and sand blasted and painted black. I have a 6 cyl 226 engine which I have cleaned up and painted red and black,which i hope is close to the way it was born. I have taken tons of pictures,which I would love to post but have not figgered how to do yet. I am on this site daily and read alot of your post which has been very helpful. THIS IS ONE GREAT WEB SITE. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME JOIN.

Last edited by little ones garage; 01-22-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: I am on the wong page to enter
Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by little ones garage
hello i am new to this so bear with me. I have a 1950 F-1 I am restoreing I have it taken apart down to the bare frame. Which I have wire bursh and sand blasted and painted black. I have a 6 cyl 226 engine which I have cleaned up and painted red and black,which i hope is close to the way it was born. I have taken tons of pictures,which I would love to post but have not figgered how to do yet. I am on this site daily and read alot of your post which has been very helpful. THIS IS ONE GREAT WEB SITE. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME JOIN.

Welcome to FTE. At the top of the thread page is a section marked:

Read First: 48/60 Forum Tips, Tricks, How To's!

This will give some instructions on how to post pics. Basically, you need to have them somewhere on the Internet first, like in Photobucket, etc... Then you can right click on the pic you want to post, copy the Image Info that starts with http: and use the "Insert image" tool above (icon looks like a mountain ) and paste the picture info there.

Please start a new thread for your truck. We'd love to see the pictures also.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:49 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
zoot, if you feel that you have faced age discrimination while looking for work, contact the EEOC (equel employment opertunity commission) They can send out say an older qualified person , and then send a younger less qualified person , to see if your claim is valid. If it is you could possibly sue for the job, maybe even collect retroactive back pay. They got laws for us old guys. After all, we have forgot more than they will ever know. Good Luck in all your indeavors.