Vehicles for SaleAll vehicles (Ford Truck or otherwise) for sale here
Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
SOLD - (trade for 4x4?) '86 F-250 diesel dually, 146k
Year: 1986 Make: Ford Model: F-250 Price: $5000 Mileage: 146000 Color: Red Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing Location (State): NM Transmission: Manual Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive Color: Red Engine: 6.9L IDI diesel
I want to trade my truck (a towing rig) for something more suitable (a 4x4). I would also entertain selling outright.
What I've got:
1986 Ford F-250 HD with a dually conversion, so effectively it's an F-350. 146,000 original, CarFax-verified miles. Overall the truck is in great shape and will last a long time. It will pull anything you hook to it. Clear New Mexico title in my name.
- International 6.9L V8 diesel, all glow plugs work, starts up fine in cold weather
- Dually conversion
- Extended cab, seats six people
- ATS turbocharger
- T-19 four-speed manual transmission
- 4.10 ratio 10.25" rear end
- GearVendors overdrive unit
- Six good tires, about 80% life remaining, and full-size spare
- Class III bumper hitch and rails for a fifth-wheel hitch, also 7-pin connectors in bed and on the bumper
- Trailer brake controller
- Cruise control, power locks and power windows (all work)
- Air conditioning (needs recharged)
- CD player
- CB radio
- Dual fuel tanks, 33 gallons total capacity (range of nearly 700 miles)
- Electric fuel lift pump (mechanical lift pump deleted)
- Complete set of genuine Ford factory repair manuals (not easy to find, or cheap)
The truck gets 20 mpg unloaded on the highway, which is remarkable for a 6.9 IDI engine and verifies that the truck is in excellent shape. The GearVendors overdrive lets you cruise 75 mph while turning about 2500 RPM, and the truck happily does that all day long.
What I want:
- Diesel (would consider small block gas V8) single rear wheel pickup, or some kind of 4x4 (Jeep?)
- Crew cab or extended cab
- Four wheel drive a must
- Automatic transmission preferred
- Cruise control
- Clear title in your name
Send me an email or call 575-517-0004 (leave voicemail and I'll call you back) if you're interested.
I also have a 1983 Mercedes-Benz 240D that I could throw in, or even some cash, for the right trade.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.