Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > 2011 & Newer Explorer
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2011 & Newer Explorer Discuss the all new redesigned Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Posting Guru

kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
kmonty
New 2012 Explorer

Here a some pictures of my new Explorer:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Kevin
2011 F-250 CC, 6.2 Gas, 3.73, 4x4 w/FX4, Tuxedo Black, Steel Cloth interior,Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, Air Aid Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Hellwig adjustable sway bar, 5 Star Tuned, Line X bed liner, X Tang Tri-Fold bed cover.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:51 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Hey Kevin...congrats...I love the white!!!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Posting Guru

kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
kmonty
Thanks, so do I. My wife hates white cars but as soon as she saw the white peral on the Explorer that is the only color she wanted. It looks great clean and dirty.

Kevin
2011 F-250 CC, 6.2 Gas, 3.73, 4x4 w/FX4, Tuxedo Black, Steel Cloth interior,Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, Air Aid Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Hellwig adjustable sway bar, 5 Star Tuned, Line X bed liner, X Tang Tri-Fold bed cover.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
New User

mapmanLI is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just got a Tuxedo Black 2012 xlt explorer-Blk Leather int
Love IT-best of luck with yours= looks Great
Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Congrats mapmanLI...tuxedo black is gorgeous!!! Welcome to FTE!!!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:09 PM
New User

Thanks guy
So far so good--also have a 2004 Explorer and 2001 Excursion
Thanks for the reply
Old 01-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Posting Guru

kmonty
I love the Tuxedo Black. You can't see any scratches or swirl marks either. Does not look dirty either. But boy does it look good clean and in the sun.

Kevin
Old 01-18-2012, 05:26 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Congrats and tell us more. Engine, initial impressions........
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-18-2012, 07:32 AM
New User

Talking 2012 EXPLORER XLT

Well its mostly wifes truck so I havent drove it every day but initial impressions are FANTASTIC. Its the 6 cyl 4wd-so smooth and engine is super quiet. In fact when using the remote start(got that thrown in-it only comes std with Limited-dealer had it installed no charge)- once entering car and turning key- it sounds like engines not even running. Has a good pickup-great turn radius- Only thing edmunds had said abt it negatively that I could find was that some other trucks had an inch or 2 more legroom in back seat hahhaha. This was by far best looking and most complet truck with no real criticisms I could find. (Not sure of correct name anymore- truck/suv/crossover- sure doesnt ride like a truck but then my other vehicle is a 01 Excursion
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Posting Guru

kmonty
I got the V6 front wheel drive with 3rd row seats and leather, has the My Ford Touch.

For the good: Rides very smooth, seats are comfortable, looks great, V6 engine is quite, the 2 sunroofs are cool plus you can close the inside so it's dark too, has a 3rd row seat needed to haul kids and friends around, the backup camera works great and you can see very well even in the dark, heated seats warm fast, 2 USB ports up front, gas mileage around 20 in the city without a lot of stops and the highway around 25 at 70 mph, theses are off the computer inside.

Things I don't like: leg room on the drivers side left foot is very short, blind spot mirrors suck - should be in the lower outside corner they are in the upper outside corner, makes it very hard to use, engine power a little low on take off but does pick up around 2200 RPM's, should have a USB plug for the back seat passengers (all cars should come with them now), the touch screen is very slow to respond to input (maybe because I am used to a iPhone which is the best touch screen out there).

Overall my wife and I both like the truck a lot and are very happy with it so far.

Kevin
Old 01-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Congrats on the new rides guys.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Freshman User

wilkinda is starting off with a positive reputation.
Congrats!! We have a 2012 Limited in Tuxedo Black w/perforated charcoal black leather seats. We love it so far..... just a few issues with MFT system.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > 2011 & Newer Explorer

Tags
2012, explorer, ford, forums