Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2012, 01:16 PM
New User

bowler300623 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cruise Control blowing fuse

I have a '01 F250 V10 2wd. I keep blowing a fuse for the cruise and brake light circuit. The fuse blows immediately when inserted. What could be causing this.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:17 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
A chafed wire in the steering column could cause both of those issues.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 01-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Junior User

xd2200 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bad switch on master cylinder is very common issue on this vintage SD.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler300623 View Post
I have a '01 F250 V10 2wd. I keep blowing a fuse for the cruise and brake light circuit. The fuse blows immediately when inserted. What could be causing this.
It depends on the fuse. Please identify it specifically by its fuse #.

Did you have the speed control recall performed?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
New User

I just found out about the recall when I was researching the issue from this site. I will get the recall corrected either today or tomorrow. If this does not fix the problem, where else would you suggest to look?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
New User

The fuse information is:

#13 20A

Stop Lamps, Center High-mount Stop
Lamp, Trailer Tow Stop Lamp, Speed
Control
Old 01-23-2012, 01:16 PM
New User

The speed control recall is corrected now. I am still having the same issues. I had to replace the plug to a ABS lead on the front left tire due to damage from a blowout. I did not see any damage to the sensor. Can the sensor be tested for continuity?
Old 01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler300623 View Post
The fuse information is:

#13 20A

Stop Lamps, Center High-mount Stop
Lamp, Trailer Tow Stop Lamp, Speed
Control
If that fuse blows as soon as you insert a new one, then that list is of components is where you want to start. You have a dead short. It could simply be a bad lamp holder in any one of those. It could even be a bad bulb (rare). Start unplugging lamp fixtures until you find the one that is shorted. A corroded lamp fixture commonly causes shorts. Could also be a short in the trailer plug. Could be a short in the steering column. Wires for those functions go through the steering column, because of the turn signals. We can't tell you where the short is. You'll have to either ohm out each fixture, or use a process of elimination.

This should be easy to find, because it is a dead short, right? Not intermittent, which are a bitch to find.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 01-23-2012, 02:41 PM
New User

Thanks! I will start checking one component at a time.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:41 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
1999, 2008, 64, 96, 99, control, cruise, duty, f250, fix, ford, fte, fuse, speed, super, truck, working