Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

If anyone is down in the Auburn/Algona area...

Old 01-13-2012, 10:23 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone is down in the Auburn/Algona area...

Let me know and we could go do something. If your ever down in southern Auburn and don't have anything planned on a weekend hit me up and i can meet up and do something like brag about our trucks or go drive around the neighborhood making ourselves known as badasses, or there is a small muddy pittish thing that i drive in if i need to test suspension or make myself happy. I don't think the cops like it too much but so many people do it i don't think they can do anything about it yet

Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
The only time I get close to your neck of the woods is when I go to Graham to visit the ol man. Usually don't venture of of 167 too far. Where else have you wheeled your Bronco??

Old 01-15-2012, 02:11 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Honestly never been wheeling... I really want to but i have a lot of work i needed to do in order to even make it safe enough to be my DD. I need to do more stuff but i would love to take it out and play around in some easy places where they have hills and good views. I heard of a place off 410 called something like forest service road 40 or something so a guy from my work goes there about once a year and if he goes this summer when the trails open he said he would look into inviting me. I would like to explore earlier but i don't know of anywhere to go thats not too far away and isn't closed for winter

Old 01-15-2012, 02:41 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
Yeah, thats a tough one. Finding somewhere to do some wheeling without getting into too much trouble. Your short wheelbase so thats a small advantage, but your as wide as a fullsize truck. There were (past tense) more places to play, but the eco-****'s have succeded in shutting them down. FS40....i think I've heard of that one. I'll have to Google it.
What do you need to do to your rig?? Mine needs new knuckles on the front, also going to replace the calipers. Rear end needs work too. It s driveable, but I really need to get this stuff done. But it seems "other projects" slow me down.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:30 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Well i have a laundry list od issues but most important is my trans is slipping and not shifting like it's supposed to so i will most likely get that rebuilt, then my Panhard bar/Trac-bar was messed up cause the PO used a smaller bolt on the frame side bracket so i got new hardware from bolts to bushings and was going to pull it, clean it, and paint it green then reinstall the new bushings and hardware but i couldn't get the axle side bolt out so i am going to have to wait till it warms up a bit to get back under there. Then my rear main seal is leaking pretty badly and i have noticed my oil pressure dropping pretty low lately, so i have to keep an eye on it. Other than that the rest is mostly cosmetic or electrical (dash lights) so i think i could do a bit of small time wheeling as a first go and to see what will happen but i don't want to go too far in case i run into a problem and have to resort to towing it home.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:17 PM
79F150400M
Laughing Gas
I feel compelled to help you with your truck. Maybe we could get together this weekend. I know about that track bar issue. If you dont get it figured out, you will get the Death Wobble. LOL It scared the Bejesus out of me the first time it happened. Its caused by that bolt being too loose or the bushings being toast. Also, when you do get it replaced, the bolt on the axle end is torqued to something close to 200 lb/ft. Urethane bushings are your friend there. (I know....its that money issue again!). I have all urethane bushings in the front. What a difference.

To improve oil pressure, I would recommend running Shell Rotella 15W-40 oil. It also has more zinc in it to help with excessive cam wear and you'll get better oil pressure.

Rear mains are fairly easy since there's plenty of room to drop the oil pan.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ya i got bushings and had the death wobble but it was a double team from the bar and my tires separating. This weekend might not be bad, My biggest problem is getting that axle bolt off, I got some Deep Creep so i plan to start spraying it then this weekend, get the bar off and clean/paint it. I got some green paint and hopefully it will be close to the same as the body, but i don't know. As for the oil, i do need to change it eventually so i will look for it when i do. With the rear main, i was going to have the engine overhauled eventually and just get it fixed then if i can wait that long. I too was scared *****less when i first had the wobble getting onto the freeway, and i had a friend riding with me to show him the wobble and he was scared too. It got bad enough to cause my toolboxes to bounce around and would only stop if i slammed the brakes or turned the wheel enough to move the tires. I looked around and after thinking abut it i figured replacing the steering stabilizer shock would fix it. It didn't it helped very little so i moved on.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:08 PM
91dirtydiesel
Postmaster
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Ya i got bushings and had the death wobble but it was a double team from the bar and my tires separating. This weekend might not be bad, My biggest problem is getting that axle bolt off, I got some Deep Creep so i plan to start spraying it then this weekend, get the bar off and clean/paint it. I got some green paint and hopefully it will be close to the same as the body, but i don't know. As for the oil, i do need to change it eventually so i will look for it when i do. With the rear main, i was going to have the engine overhauled eventually and just get it fixed then if i can wait that long. I too was scared *****less when i first had the wobble getting onto the freeway, and i had a friend riding with me to show him the wobble and he was scared too. It got bad enough to cause my toolboxes to bounce around and would only stop if i slammed the brakes or turned the wheel enough to move the tires. I looked around and after thinking abut it i figured replacing the steering stabilizer shock would fix it. It didn't it helped very little so i moved on.
i used to be dealing with the same thing! the freeway death wobble! it was so bad on that little streatch of 18 right by the supermall in auburn i was so f'n scared everytime i had to take it....not anymore tho! all good now!

BTW im like 10 minutes away from auburn

Old 01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 91dirtydiesel
i used to be dealing with the same thing! the freeway death wobble! it was so bad on that little streatch of 18 right by the supermall in auburn i was so f'n scared everytime i had to take it....not anymore tho! all good now!

BTW im like 10 minutes away from auburn
Mine was from getting on and of the freeway, if your down on 15th south by the mall and you get on the long on ramp to 167 it would do it all that stretch if i let it. It scared the crap out of me. It is pretty much fixed now, since i got my tires replaced and i have been working on re-doing the PanHard bar but the damned castle nut on the axle side is stuck. So i have to soak it this week and next week try again. If i had an impact gun it might be easier. I get on 167 at 15th south and get off at 15th north. About a mile or so. Do you live in black diamond?