Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Bronco II
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bronco II Ford Bronco II

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
New User

RetNavO3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1988 Ford Bronco II Radiator Mounts

Hi, All: I'm restoring an '88 Ford Bronco II and when I started removing the old-and-busted radiator support I noticed that the two mounts (RH and LH side) are way past being used up. I was able to find radiator core mounting stuff like the upper and lower cushions, mount bolts etc. but those two mounts don't seem to be out there anywhere I've looked.

So: Am I going to have to go on a junkyard hunt, see if the Rangers from that era have the same mounts and still go on a junkyard hunt (good luck with that) or have the pair fabricated somehow? Any other suggestions? Anybody have a pair of these laying around that are looking for a new home in a BII that's being brought back to life?

Here's what the two old ones look like:

Click the image to open in full size.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:07 AM
New User

Ford Bronco Radiator Mounts?

Hi, All: I went to the good old Jeff's Bronco Graveyard website and I notice they've got radiator core support frame mount brackets for the '80 to '96 full-size Bronco. Maybe these will work? It looks like the mounting holes for these are higher up than in the BII's but that's easily solved with a drill bit, right? (LOL!).

What do you-all think? Would these be a good workaround?

Thanks!

T.G.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Posting Guru

critterf1 has a good reputation on FTE.critterf1 has a good reputation on FTE.critterf1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Should be easy enough to make a pair.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:41 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterf1 View Post
Should be easy enough to make a pair.
Yeah, I did some asking around and if I can't make the ones I got at Jeff's fit there are workarounds that can be done to me 'em fit. ;-) Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Senior User

Ruffinit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Now would be a perfect time to change it over to the newer radiator and mounts? Just something to think about. The mounts and radiator on my '83 are in good shape, but if I was to refab, I'd look at going with the newer stuff.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:24 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffinit View Post
Now would be a perfect time to change it over to the newer radiator and mounts? Just something to think about. The mounts and radiator on my '83 are in good shape, but if I was to refab, I'd look at going with the newer stuff.
Exactly so. I'm putting in a new radiator and assorted other pieces while I'm doing all this. I'm going NOS as much as possible, so it's a bit of a slog but I'll get there. :-)

Thanks!

T.G.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Senior User

Ruffinit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have fun. I really like the simplicity of my '84 (typo on the '83) and I read your post wrong for some reason.. I'm thinking of dropping in a 302 (non-injection) to it.
My '88 I liked because of the luxury of it. It was fully loaded. Still sitting out there.. Rusted beyond repair. It'll be going as soon as I pull the tranny and xfr case. It was a great ride. Check out the "broncoii4x4" website for some great info also.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Bronco II

Tags
1988, 87, 88, 96, bronco, core, explorer, f150, ford, ii, mounts, pic, radiator, ranger, support, truck