Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Can You Feel It?......the days are getting longer....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:30 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Can You Feel It?......the days are getting longer....

....i've noticed that the daylight is still there at 5pm and the tree buds are present and the green grass peaking out from under the brown dead grass. c'mon spring..... (I know, we're in the middle of winter, but I"m reeally not looking for snow this year.)

Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You and me both Ron

I cant stand going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

Guess its a good thing I live so far south.

How cold was it up your way today?

We had 31 this morning.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:35 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Hiya Rock. I think we had 32f this morning and a nice sunny 55F. It was a good day for me to paint the front house door.

Texas is where i was born and raised. I grew up in Seabrook and all the little cities between there and Round Rock. I miss that ocean breeze. sigh.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:00 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Hiya Rock. I think we had 32f this morning and a nice sunny 55F. It was a good day for me to paint the front house door.

Texas is where i was born and raised. I grew up in Seabrook and all the little cities between there and Round Rock. I miss that ocean breeze. sigh.
Hey yea Seabrook is about 40 miles from us. We like to go over there now and then to eat out. Of course the khema Board Walk is not far from there but we normally opt out of that area and go to Seabrook

We prefer that over any other place towards Houston.

Whens the last time you were in the area?

Just got finished running DTC's on my daughters Exployer just now and that the only reason I jumped on line was to see what they were. Then logged in and saw you posted.

Not too much difference in temp today from here to where your at I even had shorts on felt real nice without the strong winds. Felt good in the sun.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
My sis and her family live in League City. My family and i visited last June. Got to show my boys the Galveston Seawall, the ferry to Bolivar point and remininace all the places that we saw and grew up around, from 20+ years ago. Ahhh good times...good times...

I think we hit the 60s today with sunshine. It makes me wanna get my smoker cleaned up and ready for the BBQ smokin season. Can't wait to make some jalepeno poppers, pulled pork shoulder, smoked chicken, brisket, ......MMMmmmmmMMMmmm my mouth is watering already.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:54 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Man thats one thing I like about living here the pits and smokers stay out all the time.

Hey were looking for input here in this thread. We have some Lousiana post there too. so if you get the hankering post up.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-thread-3.html

Old 01-15-2012, 08:55 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Even up here it feels like spring. I was just thinking the other day that it was like somebody flipped a switch and the days were longer.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:12 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
Even up here it feels like spring. I was just thinking the other day that it was like somebody flipped a switch and the days were longer.
I sure hope so. I am one of those people that get sick of each season near the end and want a change.

Hope your right or maybe its the Mayan thing OMG just kidding

Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Everybody I have talked to up here said they weren't ready for winter after the last one. Fortunately it has been pretty mild here. I just hope this winter doesn't last until July 4th like last year.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
we have haad a very mild winter so far, I'm loving it. I enjoy not working in the mud but we need some rain its dry.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
parker245
Senior User
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
Everybody I have talked to up here said they weren't ready for winter after the last one. Fortunately it has been pretty mild here. I just hope this winter doesn't last until July 4th like last year.
I've never seen days last as long as I did on Whiteface reservoir a few years ago during late July. I left Alexandria, LA and it was 113 in the shade. Drive home to Texarkana, caught a flight the next morning to Minneapolis, then drive up to Duluth and on up to Whiteface. Got up the next morning and it was 54 degrees on the pier. It warmed up later in the week, but never got as hot as it was when we landed at D/FW that next Saturday.

I am happy the days are beginning to get longer. We gain on average 35 seconds a day of daylight this time of year.