General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Great price on cigars...for those who smoke them!

Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Great price on cigars...for those who smoke them!

Okay folks...thought I'd pass along a great price on some little cigars.

These cigars are actually Macanudo Ascots…but they are seconds that are sold under the “Old Fashioned” name…an excellent cigar…you will not be disappointed…I actually ordered 200 of them for $60 (shipping included)…or $0.30 per cigar!!!...the full price on a Macanudo Ascot is nearly $1 each!

Go to http://www.mikescigars.com and enter OFCM in the search box.

The Old Fashioned Chico’s will come up…they will show $24.95 for 50…but for each box you order…you get one free.

Or a direct link to the ones I'm talking about is here:
http://www.mikescigars.com/cigars/ol...icut/box-of-50

Shipping will cost you $5.00 for each box you order…so you buy one box and it costs you $29.95 but you get 2 boxes or 100 cigars…

I normally smoke these...they are a very mild smoke...they are a short smoke 15 minutes or so...but a couple of years ago they DOUBLED the price of these from Mike's and I was ticked...so this sale of buy one get one hasn't happened in while...that's why I stocked up.

I figured I'd just pass along some information for other cigar smokers out there looking for a great deal on a great cigar!

joe.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:12 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't smoke but I like the smell of cigars. A lot of people i know hate the smell but my grandpa used to smoke them regularly so whenever I smell a cigar it takes me back.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
These particular cigars smell wonderful...very smooth and no harsh smell what so ever...

I've never been a sweet cigar fan...but some of the fruit flavored ones smell nice too...

I've had a couple cigars that are very strong smelling...and I can see how peeps that don't like smoke would hate those...but these particular ones I linked too...are a great cigar at a great price...mine should arrive today via UPS!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
locknload223
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link. I have a bunch of sticks right now but I'll hang on to this for the future.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:27 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Mike,

First off I have NO AFFILIATION with Mike's Cigars...

Second...don't hang on to it too long...it is a special pricing that I haven't seen in years on these small sticks...that's why I stocked up with as many as would fit in my humidor...actually right now all three of my boxes are filled to capacity because I had to consolidate the other sticks into 2 boxes so I could make room. These cigars are normally double the price and that's why I stopped smoking them...even at $0.60 per cigar they are a great price over what you'd pay for Mac Ascots...but at $0.30 which is what I was paying for years prior to the doubling of the price...they are again a GREAT price...just a heads up is all...

Joe.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:36 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
i dont smoke cigars anymore, but JRcigars were my first go to retailer, then Mikes, then a local shop. I always found cheaper prices online and holiday specials and shipping were great money savers.

Have ya tried the CAO flavors. The moontrance was my favorite.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:51 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I like to support the local shops when I can but I realize everybody doesn't have that option. If it weren't for some on the online dealers it would be slim pickings in many places in the US. I like JR myself. I'm fortunate enough to live close enough that I can get by one of their stores every now and then. The aroma in the walk in humidor is terrific.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:17 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
I've purchased from JR's...as well as Thompson's...

When I was down in Puerto Rico...I met what I think was the owner of Don Juan Cigars...he was in the hotel lobby where we stayed...I purchased some local made sticks from him...a box of 5 Churchills...those will have to wait until the weather warms up and I can enjoy them outside...!

But for the most part...I'll order from Mikes or one of the other mail order places...Mike's has these Mac Ascot seconds that no one else carries...so that's my main draw to Mike's...and when they have them at this price...well...I'll stock up like I did...I haven't smoked one of these for a few years because they doubled the price...so I've been smoking other alternatives...but I'll be very happy now that I've got these back in the humidor!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 09:49 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 683 Likes on 396 Posts
I forwarded this on to Monica

Old 01-15-2012, 05:58 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm partial to Partagus & Romeo and Julieta brands. Churchills are my favorite. Here's to warmer weather and buring one outside.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Bruker
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Placed my order on monday and received them today. They're a good smoke but they're also dry as heck. Are they supposed to be that way?

Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 PM
locknload223
Posting Guru
I received cigars via mail order in the past that have been pretty dry. Yours may take a few weeks to season up.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:39 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Bruker,

I responded to your PM...

I haven't had any issues with these particular sticks in the past...but it's been prolly 2+ years since they have had this price on them so I haven't had these for a little bit either.

I'd call Mike's to let them know...especially if the outer wrappers are unwrapping on these or of when you light them they are not burning evenly or if they are crumbling when you hold them...I'm sure Mike's will stand behind them...if not...PLEASE LET ME KNOW...as that is important information for me to know...as I will NEVER again recommend them to others!

Sorry for your troubles...but keep us informed...and please call Mike's...many people never let their displeasure known to establishments as many establishments want to right any wrongs but they need to know about the wrong first!

Now I'm going to have to smoke one of mine to see how they are...and it is blasted cold outside...brrrr...lol...

Good luck,
Joe

Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Bruker
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Hey don't worry about it, they're still good cigars and at a great price! I'll see if I can humidify a few and see if that makes a difference.