Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 AM
New User

19Ford69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2003 F250 6.0 tow/haul light flashing

Hey Gentlemen,
Having a problem with my S/D and thought I would ask for some suggestions. When the truck is first started up in the morning, I will let it warm up for around 5-10minutes before driving and the tranny gauge shows warm but the engine is not in the warm range yet. If I put it in drive and start down my road, the truck seems fine but when it shifts into 2nd while I am lightly pressing on the accelerator pedal, it will lose power for a second then come back. If I continue down my road till I hit the stop sign 1/2 mile later and slow down to stop, the tow/haul light comes on. I have to shut-off the truck and re-start and then I don't have the problem the rest of the day if I am driving it. But once it gets cold over-night it will do it yet again.

I haven't taken it to Ford to see what the codes are that are thrown since I imagine they will try to get me to have work done that may not fix the problem but end up costing me more money then I have at the moment. Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Thanks Bill
Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 AM