6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Just couldn't leave well enough alone... lots of pics of my latest mods ;)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
JimCantu
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just couldn't leave well enough alone... lots of pics of my latest mods ;)

Just couldn't leave well enough alone...

I just picked up my truck 3 days before Christmas and now that I have a bit over 500 miles on it and Santa was good to me I figured I would install a few of my stocking stuffers...

Here's what I started with:

2012 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel
Tuxedo Black w/chrome package
Lariat Ultimate Package
3:31 Electronic Locking Axle
FX4
10000 GVWR
Eng Block Heater
5th Wheel Hitch Prep Package
Roof Clearance Lights
Splash Guard
Upfitter Switches
Dual Alternators
Reverse Alarm
Universal Garage Door Opener
Moonroof
Nav System
Memory Group
Remote Start
Tail Gate Step
Heated/Cooled Seats
Bed Extender
Spray in Bed Liner

Here's a list of the mods:

Icon 4.5" Stage 1 Lift Kit w/6" rear block
AMP electric steps with 2" extension
20x9" KMC XD-Series Hoss Wheels (Machined w/ Black Accent)
35x12.5 R20 Nitto Trail Grappler MT
Recon Black out LED Tail lights, side mirror light, cab lights, and bed illuminator kit
Weather Tech Window shields
Disconnected the back up alarm (what a annoying little feature) great if you're moving snow or imitating a dump truck... but that's about it.

Installed all the mods myself including the lift kit in my driveway with a modest set of craftsman tools, 3 floor jacks, a couple set of jack stands, and my neighbors help. Had very little problems with anything. Only thing I had to have someone else do was the alignment and wheel TPMS install.

Should've seen the look on the mechanics face when he asked me how many miles were on the truck for the alignment. I told him 500 and he was like 500 thousand? I said no 500 total. He couldn't understand why I would need an alignment on such a new vehicle... until he saw I just installed a lift kit

I really need to have someone standing next to the truck to provide a contrast on how big this beast is... The truck is taller that I thought it was going to be. I figured 4.5 inches worth of lift but I guess I forgot to factor in the couple extra inches for wheels and tires. Definitely won't fit in the garage now.

Future Mods... it's in the mail just waiting arrival... eta tomorrow

Air Lift Rear Air Bags with onboard compressor and AIR remote
Roll Bak Roll Away Bed Cover
Bobble Head Dear Skull

Hope you guys enjoy the pics!

A couple before pics:

And now the after!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Absolutly gorgeous!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that has to be one of my favorite lifted new SDs yet.. looks GREAT!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
PITS
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fine looking truck. You have good taste! (See my sig line)

A couple things though...

I would have ripped those Rusty Eck stickers off that thing while it was still on their lot and made them clean off the glue residue

and

I see the FX4 off road sticker has changed again for the 12's but it still looks like crap and I'd peel it too.

If you have not bought the tonneau cover yet, look into the roll n lock or similar covers. I love hitting the button on mine and watching the magic happen.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
I like the fx4 sticker's on the 12 model. Atleast they dont look like a 2yr old went crazy with a crayon, like the 11model's.

O you need too get these pic's in the ultimate super duty thread! More ppl would like too see it!

Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
me too i really like those stickrs

Old 01-09-2012, 04:27 PM
JimCantu
Junior User
Originally Posted by P.I.T.S.
Fine looking truck. You have good taste! (See my sig line)

A couple things though...

I would have ripped those Rusty Eck stickers off that thing while it was still on their lot and made them clean off the glue residue

and

I see the FX4 off road sticker has changed again for the 12's but it still looks like crap and I'd peel it too.

If you have not bought the tonneau cover yet, look into the roll n lock or similar covers. I love hitting the button on mine and watching the magic happen.
I know what you mean about the damn dealer tags! I hate them too. I was waiting for the temps to get a little warmer before I tried to pull them off but it's got to be soon because I don't want a faded shadow in the paint of the old sticker. I think I'll keep the FX4 sticker as it doesn't look too bad and I don't want to take a chance of jacking the paint up.

Wouldn't have got the FX4 option because I pretty much replaced anything that made it FX4 including having to remove the Transfer Skid Plate. I'm sure I can fabricate it later to get it to fit but it was a bit chilly out and I wasn't in the mood for mods to the mod if you know what i mean.

Thanks to everyone for all the great compliments!!

Old 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM
JimCantu
Junior User
Originally Posted by 2006lariat
I like the fx4 sticker's on the 12 model. Atleast they dont look like a 2yr old went crazy with a crayon, like the 11model's.

O you need too get these pic's in the ultimate super duty thread! More ppl would like too see it!
I will have to do that. I usually just hang out in the 6.7 forums because it's a lot smaller and more specific to my vehicle but I'll post it there too! Thanks for the compliments and the recommendations!

Old 01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Brandon150
Senior User
Wow the dealership put a sticker right under the F250 badge!?

Old 01-09-2012, 06:24 PM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
Love the new look, those step bars are very slick. If you end up having any questions regarding our kits please let me know, I would be happy to help.

Keep up the great mods.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
PITS
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The FX4 stickers peel right off clean and simple with a little heat from a hair dryer. No paint damage to worry about. I have just seen too many of those stickers peeling off because of the pressure washers and I wash my truck a lot.

Those dealer badges are another story. They use the good 3M tape on them. The longer they are on, the better they stick so if you are thinking about removing them, time is not on your side. I actually told my dealer if they badged it when it came in, I would not accept it. They reluctantly agreed.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
JimCantu
Junior User
Originally Posted by AirLiftCompany
Love the new look, those step bars are very slick. If you end up having any questions regarding our kits please let me know, I would be happy to help.

Keep up the great mods.
i did have a question concerning the install. This is my second set of Air Lift bags and Wireless AIR Remote system. I installed the previous on my Tundra with no problems. And they worked great which is why I'm getting a second set for my new truck. Only thing that concerns me is installing the kit on a truck with a little more lift than a standard leveling kit.

I ordered the new kit Part No. 57396: 2011-2012 Ford F-250/F-350/F-450, S&DRW, 4WD Leaf Spring Leveling, Mounting w/Fifth Wheel Hitch Applications. Will this kit work with a one inch taller block than the stock F350 block? Will I have to make any modification or order any adapters?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
So the rear lift kit consists of what exactly? Just blocks? Or a 1" block as well as springs or lift shackles?

I guess the root question is did the factory lower bumpstop get any further from the upper frame mount? The lower mount should be sandwiched into the leaf pack if I remember correctly. If they are separated more than factory you should run a spacer of some kind. We offer lock n lift spacers for vehicles with lifts, or if you prefer you can simply use your own spacer if you want to use a one piece unit. The spacer just needs to support the full surface of the bottom of the bag, and bolt to or in between the bag and bag mount.

Also, not sure if you noticed when you purchased everything but we are still running the $100 rebate offer which your purchase would qualify for. Just wanted to make sure you got the best deal possible.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
DSLPWRD
Posting Guru
Looks awesome!!! You need to lose the puny factory splash guards though. The are really too small for the factory 20s, much less with those wheels/tires. Nice job!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
thejean
Elder User
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks great and very much like mine except I did a readylift stage 2, didn't use polished Hoss's, used Terra grapplers and have the factory step. I presume your offset is +18? Oh, I also tool off the sticker and added a tonneau cover.

Quick Reply: Just couldn't leave well enough alone... lots of pics of my latest mods ;)