Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project TGM

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 AM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice! well at least next time use a 1/2 drive wrench to get the lug nuts on as tight as you can lol. I always use a medium length 1/2 drive wrench and get them on as tight as I can with that, then have to use the breaker bar to get them back off.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordFETruck
Nice! well at least next time use a 1/2 drive wrench to get the lug nuts on as tight as you can lol. I always use a medium length 1/2 drive wrench and get them on as tight as I can with that, then have to use the breaker bar to get them back off.
I mentioned it in another thread but last time I did that I twisted the stud right off. Which was why these weren't on all the way. I have a torque wrench but no extension for it. I can't get past my sidewalls with it, even using a deep socket.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:58 AM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I mentioned it in another thread but last time I did that I twisted the stud right off. Which was why these weren't on all the way. I have a torque wrench but no extension for it. I can't get past my sidewalls with it, even using a deep socket.
We've been using that method for years and never had that kind of issue, but it's probably a good thing it twisted right off otherwise what happened the other day could have happened before. A torque wrench can't be beat though.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Yeah, I got the wrench so I could torque these lugs. I have a 4 way cross bar to tighten them as well but I need strong studs and lug nuts to go with it.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 PM
NewEnglander
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans

I did that when I finished my lift this summer, I had stripped lugs and tried a little to hard to tighten one of the nuts and next thing I knew I was on my *** lol

Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Yeah something like that. You know that feeling where it's real hard to tighten then all of a sudden it starts to get easy? It was like that and right after it started getting easy, it just kinda went "pop" and that was the end of that...

Old 06-15-2013, 03:36 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hmm, been a while since I've been here. There hasn't been much going on besides the new addition to my pile of projects. I got a 71 beetle that is now taking up some time. Some times you need a break from the same old project you know? Plus this beetle will save me some $$ in gas bills too. Anyways, so since this isn't a picture of a bronco I figured i'd better post it here rather than the picture thread anyone remember my neighbors truck that has the huge tires and lift? Well he finally got the bed painted and we put it up there the other day.

The tent garage infront of it was his make shift paint booth and he did a good job despite of it. He is working on the cab soon and hopefully will have a forklift at his disposal when the time comes for that, otherwise it's going to be a pain. the bed alone was heavy and hard to man handle up there bu we managed.

As for the ol' TGM after sitting for a month or so I got her out and drove her down the freeway to a job fair. It felt good to have power steering and brakes again, also I'm kind of glad I am keeping it a 3 speed auto. It feels nice to sit back and just rest my foot on the gas and cruise instead of shifting gears and paying attention to that. Currently the beetle is down for some strange noises so the bronco is back on the road for the time being. I don't know how long though.

there is also 2 car shows coming up, one this month and one next. The bronco will be in both so I'll make sure I get pictures.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:25 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Strange noises? That couldn't be because of me & Rich could it?

Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by SDElwood
Strange noises? That couldn't be because of me & Rich could it?
Nope. The noise you guys made (by launching it around in a catapult) is easy to figure out. This one sounds like dry bearings or something.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:41 PM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Oh. Cool. Maybe you should put some oil in it.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:44 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hmm you know, I heard from somewhere that mayonaise is a good bearing lubracant hehe. Beer also can be used but it doesn't work so well unless you are ingesting it...

Old 08-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 371 Likes on 281 Posts
Hmm Dylan I think you should just sell me TGM, that way you can focus on fixing the Bug.

It's hard to balance 2 project vehicles.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:22 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Edgethis
Hmm Dylan I think you should just sell me TGM, that way you can focus on fixing the Bug.

It's hard to balance 2 project vehicles.
I agree it is hard to balance 2 projects. But I also think it will take a ton of TNT to get TGM away from Dylan!!

Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 371 Likes on 281 Posts
I know As much as I like the 78/79 broncos, I need something a bit better on MPG currently.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 PM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Oh I can't wait to see the zebra striped Prius.

Quick Reply: Project TGM