Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Posting Guru

1_ton_bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
new signature?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_ton_bronco View Post
noo look at mine lol
1963 f100 "Kona Blue" slick
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Postmaster

FordFETruck has a very good reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a very good reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bout2GetWhooped
Quote:
new signature?
HAHAHAHAHAHA I'll think about it. Probably make a lot of people laugh.

1986 Ford F-250 XL 4X2 351W H.O. Weiand Stealth Intake, Comp XE250H Cam, Comp Magnum Rockers. Summit/Holley 600 CFM 4010 4V Carburetor. 130A 3G Alternator. 10.25" Rear With Open 3.55:1. 232,000 miles.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Posting Guru

noo look at mine lol
Quote:
noo look at mine lol
Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Postmaster

FordFETruck has a very good reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a very good reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bout2GetWhooped
Quote:
noo look at mine lol
HAHAHA, that made my day

1986 Ford F-250 XL 4X2 351W H.O. Weiand Stealth Intake, Comp XE250H Cam, Comp Magnum Rockers. Summit/Holley 600 CFM 4010 4V Carburetor. 130A 3G Alternator. 10.25" Rear With Open 3.55:1. 232,000 miles.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Posting Guru

LMFAO it was worth getting rid of the old trucks for that
Quote:
noo look at mine lol
Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Quote:
noo look at mine lol

Ahh!! No thank you

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Posting Guru

lmao artic
Quote:
noo look at mine lol
Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Postmaster

Bout2GetWhooped
When I posted that originally it was a legitimate question, now it's a sick and twisted one LOL

Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Posting Guru

gonna stay in my signature now.. Lol
Quote:
noo look at mine lol
Old 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Haha jeeze you guys, I thought I was bad. Matt I can get a picture but this linkage can't be bent to lengthen it. I already looked into that, there is a linkage that goes from the choke bar over the carb and to the choke piece. that was a little bent so I straightened it but it didn't get it to close enough. Since the linkage from the thermo spring is from my 2bbl it isnt really the correct one. I will get it all figured out though.

I had thought about converting to a manual choke, I know I could buy the cable but I don't know if that would be cheaper than using an electric one. I also will have to find a hole in the firewall cause I don't have a drill bit that can go that big I don't think. Would I just buy the cable and bolt it to the choke lever then run it through the firewall and find a place on the dash to mount it?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Postmaster

Bout2GetWhooped
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
I can get a picture but this linkage can't be bent to lengthen it. I already looked into that
Sounds like a personal problem? LOL just kidding.

If it's the linkage that goes from the choke assembly to the bar that is connected to the choke then Carter 4 AFB Parts Page go down until you see the AFB choke and fast idle linkage set, seems pretty cheap. I'd look around online some more, I already tried looking around some but am having a hard time doing so. Before I discovered my actual choke linkage and carb installation parts under my seat I made a linkage out of a coat hanger, it was very crude but worked good LOL

Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFETruck View Post
Sounds like a personal problem? LOL just kidding.

If it's the linkage that goes from the choke assembly to the bar that is connected to the choke then Carter 4 AFB Parts Page go down until you see the AFB choke and fast idle linkage set, seems pretty cheap. I'd look around online some more, I already tried looking around some but am having a hard time doing so. Before I discovered my actual choke linkage and carb installation parts under my seat I made a linkage out of a coat hanger, it was very crude but worked good LOL
You know, i thought about that before hand. Thats why i said linkage instead of rod

Thanks for the link i wil skim it over and see if i can find anything, i never thought about using a coat hanger. I was going to use a big paperclip and form it to what i need. I have a lot of extra metal hangers which could do the trick just fine.

Wow so i just looked over that pars list page you posted matt and it has everything i have been looking for. Shoot. Unfortunately i can't afford What i need just yet, maybe i could get my mom to buy them as an xmas present or something.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Postmaster

Bout2GetWhooped
Quote:
You know, i thought about that before hand. Thats why i said linkage instead of rod

Thanks for the link i wil skim it over and see if i can find anything, i never thought about using a coat hanger. I was going to use a big paperclip and form it to what i need. I have a lot of extra metal hangers which could do the trick just fine.
Hahaha, I looked at the shipping on that site, pretty expensive. I wonder if Oreilly's sells the choke linkage under the Edelbrock name in the Auburn store, seems like I've seen it there before. The coat hanger linkage I made in 5 minutes, I could have made a better one but it worked for a few days before I looked under my seat and found the bag of parts with some bodies

Old 12-12-2012, 08:50 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Haha, I wrote down the part numbers for each and i figured i would try oreilly's and Napa to see if they had might have them. The oreilly's is pretty good about knowing their carb parts but i won't know till i go up there and ask. It's easier to drive up there and make sure rather than call them so there isn't any mistakes.

EDIT: also i could end up using the coathanger but i would probably take a little more time to make some sort of fastener thing. I don't think i could make the groove for a C clip like the current one.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Postmaster

Bout2GetWhooped
Quote:
Haha, I wrote down the part numbers for each and i figured i would try oreilly's and Napa to see if they had might have them. The oreilly's is pretty good about knowing their carb parts but i won't know till i go up there and ask. It's easier to drive up there and make sure rather than call them so there isn't any mistakes.
Yeah, man when I bought carburetor studs at Autozone I asked the guy if they had them and he looked at me like a deer in the headlights and didn't know what they really were. He eventually found them though. Great service eh?

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1978, 1997, 2003, battery, broke, cable, end, explorer, flywheel, ford, location, negative, projects, ranger, starter, truck