Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 PM
New User

Eliteac is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Def system delete kit?

Thinking of performing the delete kit for my new 2012 f350 diesel. I'm not sure yet if it's worth risking the loss of my warranty. Any thoughts or ideas? Is anyone using one on theirs and if so which ones are recommended? Thanks!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Elder User

jack_pine is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am just curious. Admittedly i am pretty much in the "stock" crowd when it comes to engine/exhaust.

Having said that why would you want to trade off warranty for the delete? Are the benefits worth the risk in your mind? Not a shot, jsut want to know what you are thinking.

2012 SD 6.7 SRW LB 4*4 Current
2004 SD 6.0 SRW LB 4*4 Traded
2001 SD 7.3 DRW LB 4*4 Traded
Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 PM
New User

I'm told that I will gain hp, fuel economy and not have to deal with constantly adding the fluid.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Posting Guru

Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliteac View Post
I'm told that I will gain hp, fuel economy and not have to deal with constantly adding the fluid.
Yes, Yes, and Yes. Don't forget about added sound and black smoke!

4.5" lift - Tinted Windows - Line X - Truxedo Tonneau Cover - Ride Rites - Wireless Air - Traction Bars - S&B Intake - Deleted - H&S Tuned with 5" Straight Pipe
Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Junior User

6.7L is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
I'm sure it will have some impact to your warranty but not sure if there will be any noticeable increase in HP with a DEF delete, may be if you also change the pipes with less restriction in back pressure. IMO, this is a NOT a good HP mod for the money.

Adding DEF is not that big of a deal, not any harder than adding window washing fluid.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Senior User

fixdent is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:

Lots of hp already....won't get much, if any better fuel economy, and you hardly ever have to add fluid. I don't even think about that anymore. I'd keep the warranty if I were you.

--
Gordon
Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 PM
New User

Mcmurphrjk is starting off with a positive reputation.
I suspect that you would gain a lot more mileage, were you to delete the DPF.
It actually uses fuel for the burnoff.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Junior User

Grassman09 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmurphrjk View Post
I suspect that you would gain a lot more mileage, were you to delete the DPF.
It actually uses fuel for the burnoff.
What are you saying here?

DEF and DPF are two different things so is the regen process if that's what you mean or are trying to say.

Big deal dumping in DEF fluid every oil change or so. If thats such a hard task, go back to a gas truck.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:35 AM
New User

Mcmurphrjk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassman09 View Post
What are you saying here?

DEF and DPF are two different things so is the regen process if that's what you mean or are trying to say.

Big deal dumping in DEF fluid every oil change or so. If thats such a hard task, go back to a gas truck.
That was my point, it would likely be a greater benefit to delete the DPF and stop using fuel for regen, than mess with the DEF system for what would likely be minimal gain.
If I was determined to delete the DEF, (which I'm not), I would delete both the DEF and the DPF.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:22 AM
New User

It's not that its difficult to add the fluid. It's that I have about 2000 miles on it and I already have a problem with it. I've been doing a lot of reading on here and see that a lot people are havingbthensame problem. After I filled it I received and error saying that the system has malfunctioned and speed will be limited. After asking around locally most are saying rip that piece of crap out of the exhaust for less restriction and use the h&s programmer to delete it. Supposedly I'd get around another 5 mpg. Not sure though. Thats what led me here.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Senior User

farmerdave is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.farmerdave is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
david ocker daviddirtfarmer
I wouldn't change the truck till about 80k miles. You have to let the warrenty fix these minor problems.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Junior User

xrated is starting off with a positive reputation.
From what I've heard, a new crate motor is around $18K! Of course, that doesn't include the labor charges to remove and install the old and new. I think I'll just keep my warranty intact and deal with the DEF and DPF
Old 01-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Postmaster

Hdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputation
Why don't you simply have them repair the DEF problem. All it does it make the air cleaner for you and me to breath.
Now dont get me wrong if your a mod buff and want more hp then maybe do a comlete DPF and EGR and DEF is for you.
Windows tinted. Spray in bedliner. Bakflip hd. cover.Edge Insite CTS.Steelcraft bullbar.red/Crome Superduty letters. Ami billet locking fuel door.B/W turnover goosneck, Companion 5th wheel.And craploads of led lighting.
2011 F350 6.7 CC SRW LB.Oxford White. Ford Buy back.
2009 F350 6.4 CC SRW LB Oxford white. Trade in.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Senior User

farmerdave is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.farmerdave is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
david ocker daviddirtfarmer
Search: Powerstrokehelp on YouTube. He does a decent job explaining the def and scr system and why the 6.7L motor doesn't need tuners and deletes. I would wait a bit for the aftermarket to catch up to this motor and save your warranty for a while.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Senior User

rob17 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
I've been doing a lot of reading on here and see that a lot people are havingbthensame problem.
That surprises me. I've on this forum since I bought my 6.7 and although there have been some with problems I've been pleasantly surprised by how few problems have been reported.

Rob
2011 F350 XLT 6.7 PSD CC LB FX4 3:55
2006 Cardinal fifth wheel (sold)
2014 Excel 34IKE fifth wheel
2010 Fusion Hybrid
Old 01-07-2012, 12:11 PM