Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Old 11-17-2014, 07:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic

Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Electrical Guides
Print Wikipost

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Senior User

aaronbrace is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-Mark View Post
Ok well i publicly appologise to you here... BUT.... here is where i had a problem...

I was not addressing the OP problem. I was addressing another post that said something to the order of "it doesnt matter how dead the batt is" Well that post was inacurate because it does matter, Then you get on and spred even more crazy bad info with your post while quoting my post... So thats how we ended up here. Again, all input is, and should be welcomed, but when you grab somebodys post then contradict it when you dont know what your talking about, partly because you didnt pay attention to "the context" well you get what you get.

If you wish to continue this discution further, PM me. No need to muddy up the boards here.

But again, I apologise to you Sir, for any hurt feelings,

Mark
Mark,

I stand by my post that there is still a complete circuit with the battery removed as it is in parallel with the alt. I am not recommending removal of a battery while a vehicle is running as it provides some voltage stabilization functions and such and was just making that original statement for illustrative purposes to try to explain that a battery's charge is not really needed when a vehicle is underway. Your theory and experience may be different and that is just fine and I respect your opinion.

No need for any PMs. I certainly appreciate your feedback and insight but I just wish it would be presented in a nicer form. I think we are all just trying to point the OP in the right direction and have the best intentions. No ill will here. Have a nice night!

---Aaron
Old 01-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Elder User

SasquatchZilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SasquatchZilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Derek Garletts
Did this truck turn into Christine and devour him?

Christine (1983) - IMDb
Old 01-13-2012, 06:56 AM
New User

bluzzer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Okay guys , sorry it took so long for an update. The truck is fixed and I pick it up this morning. It seems that some sort of critter decided to chew it's way through the wiring harness! I just want to thank everyone one for all the help. Also it's nice to know there are still people out there willing to take the time out to try to help people they don't even know .
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Elder User

SasquatchZilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SasquatchZilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Derek Garletts
Awesome! Glad to see it fixed.

I have to set mouse traps occasionally out here when the cats aren't doing their jobs. Mostly when the seasons change and the things are looking for new homes. Also, try not to leave any food or wrappers in your vehicles it attracts them too.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Posting Guru

PA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputation
I told some one else there was a critter in thier car eating wireing... I beleieve it was the Allstate racoon... I was sooooooooo close..... just missed the right thread..... UGGGG! Glad the truck is well, Thanks for the update.... Case closed

Mark
Pa chapter member
Old 01-14-2012, 07:36 AM
New User

bluzzer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wish I had a Christine. Then I could sell it and buy some cool stuff. LOL
Old 07-08-2014, 10:06 PM
New User

obxairman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
Is your alternator having 1 thick cable and a plug with 2 small wires?
There is not much to it as the regulator is build-in into the alternator. If one of the small wire is feeding 12V with ignition on, the good alternator has to supply the power via the thick cable. The second small wire goes to the control light.
Welcome to the forum.
I am having the same issue. My alternator has a 3 wire plug . Do you know if this wire is from the ignition switch or threw the battery light. When my truck broke the other day it just ran out of power and died . For the past 2 years every light in truck had a pulse to that would get brighter and go away with added rpm but no other symptoms i just assumed the truck is old and the alternator was failing. I found the main wire out of the alternator where it connected at the other end at the starter solonid it was very corroeded and the was a smaller line that was made in to the same connector that had a burned fuse like that ford says is no longer availiable i by passed it temporary to see if the system would start charging . So i start the truck the batter light went out but its still not charging. Looking at your post you sound like you know what you are doing .
Old 07-08-2014, 10:06 PM