Sponsored by:

Almost to 100k....To-do/Wish List?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by lovestrucks
I was talking about the rear but they also would be good for the front I'm assuming?
I was just guessing...I didn't know if you guys were talking about replacing the front stock sway bar with a 350, or adding a rear...

...you guys tell me...

Old 01-06-2012, 12:35 AM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
I was just guessing...I didn't know if you guys were talking about replacing the front stock sway bar with a 350, or adding a rear...

...you guys tell me...
Replace my stock rear with one from a 350 rear

Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Replace my stock rear with one from a 350 rear
No wonder the guy said he'd get back to me when looking for a front, lol.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Could someone provide the leaf spring thickness of modified rear B's?

I know my stock X 6/1 leaf pack is 3 3/16" with a spring rate of 2,625lbs
stock B pack is 4/1 leafs with a thickness of 2 1/4" with a spring rate of 3,000lbs

What extra height does adding the 2 leafs from the stock X springs to the B's add?

This will help me narrow down my choices for lifting the rear.

Thanks guys, you've already helped me a bunch.
-Steph

Old 01-06-2012, 02:59 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
I would take the injectors out and have them cleaned and tested or trade them in for something that fits your purposes and put the regulated return on it and tank mods. Also, I believe DP-tuner has a deal where if you buy his reman injectors, you get some free tune upgrades. Talk to them.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Originally Posted by aklim
I would take the injectors out and have them cleaned and tested or trade them in for something that fits your purposes and put the regulated return on it and tank mods. Also, I believe DP-tuner has a deal where if you buy his reman injectors, you get some free tune upgrades. Talk to them.
Great info but what exactly is this for, for the engine? Aren't DP-tuners for diesels? I have the 6.8L V10...I'm currently not focusing on to many performance mods except for the gears at this time. A tuner, y-pipe, and exhaust will definitely be on the list though

Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Great info but what exactly is this for, for the engine? Aren't DP-tuners for diesels? I have the 6.8L V10...I'm currently not focusing on to many performance mods except for the gears at this time. A tuner, y-pipe, and exhaust will definitely be on the list though
Whoops. My bad. Not sure if DP-Tuner does gas. Still, at 100K, I would have the injectors removed and tested. I do this for all my gas vehicles and on my Vette, I take them to CorvetteInjectors.com and they check them every 3 years.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:48 PM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Whoops. My bad. Not sure if DP-Tuner does gas. Still, at 100K, I would have the injectors removed and tested. I do this for all my gas vehicles and on my Vette, I take them to CorvetteInjectors.com and they check them every 3 years.
Ok thanks. I'm definitely trying to plan and do a complete once over on the X and check for all the regular OEM replacement stuff to bring back to "almost" as new as I can get it.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

I'd change the plugs and wires also. Full synthetic fluid change.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 PM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Does anyone have an idea of what could be making the sound in my front passenger wheel well? As I said in my earlier post, as I am coasting/slowing to a stop, I begin to hear a ree ree sound, and also while driving over pot holes etc I hear a clackity clinky noise...almost what I would imagine a shock that lost oil or something, or if it's maybe some bearings/hub part that I'm not aware of

Also has anyone else ever turned on their a/c or have started their X with the a/c in the "on" position and it makes the engine(or some other component under the hood) make a wooofff sound? It's happened a few times, but kinda forgot about it but it happened again the other day because it's been pretty darn warm here in SoCal this january

Old 01-06-2012, 11:08 PM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Thanks, I'm for sure writing all this down. I'm personally wanting to possibly upgrade to mag-tech diff covers, but trying to see if they are more for show or does the extra capacity truly justify getting them.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:18 AM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Aren't any wires. You'll want to do plugs and coil boots. Don't bother replacing the coil packs unless they are bad.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:34 AM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Originally Posted by gr8scott72
Aren't any wires. You'll want to do plugs and coil boots. Don't bother replacing the coil packs unless they are bad.
Ok, noted.

Can anyone provide part #'s for the following and any other items I'd possibly need:

-4wd ball joints/bearing/ extras?
-ANY OTHER SUSPENSION/STEERING componets that I might as well checkout while the newer leafs are being put on.

I think I've decided to go with:
Front: V's along with Icon 3" Hanger system
Rear: mod B's along with the provided 4" block from the Icon kit
4-Icon monotube shocks for 3-6" lifts(would upgrade to res's later)
Rear 350 sway-bar
Beefier front sway bar....From a 350 or Hellwig?
Traction/ladder bars...will ones for the trucks also fit the X?

Old 01-07-2012, 01:18 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
I think I've decided to go with:
Front: V's along with Icon 3" Hanger system
Rear: mod B's along with the provided 4" block from the Icon kit\
Wait...hold on.

I was told V's and regular B's require a 3.5" rear block to stay fairly level.

The Icon 3"...will that serve to raise the front further than the stock hangers?

I ask because I was also told when you use stock V's and the Modded B's will use the stock block to keep it level. I don't know the height of the stock block, but if you add 3 with the Icon, if the stock block is less than 1", you may not end up with a level truck - you may have a front-up stance.

I'm sure it would help if I knew the stock block height...can someone make sure the 4" block will give it a rear-up stance or at least level?

Old 01-07-2012, 01:55 AM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
Wait...hold on.

I was told V's and regular B's require a 3.5" rear block to stay fairly level.

The Icon 3"...will that serve to raise the front further than the stock hangers?

I ask because I was also told when you use stock V's and the Modded B's will use the stock block to keep it level. I don't know the height of the stock block, but if you add 3 with the Icon, if the stock block is less than 1", you may not end up with a level truck - you may have a front-up stance.

I'm sure it would help if I knew the stock block height...can someone make sure the 4" block will give it a rear-up stance or at least level?
The stock block on the X is 2" and they have bump stop tangs, so a 4" block will technically only raise the back 2", and then what ever little space from the mod B's.

I personally do not mind a "slightly" nose high stance because I do already have Airlift rear airbags, I can always full those a little or later on decide if I need a 5" block.......no matter what however I need rear blocks with bump stop tangs because that is the only way to mount the rear airbags...slightly different then the trucks whose are attached directly onto the leaf pack and frame.

Current stance:
front 38.75"
rear 40.25"
-With V's I'm looking at hopefully 1-2" lift
plus the 3" Icon hanger I'm looking at a total of 4-5" that brings the front up to approx 42ish-maybe as high as 44"

Now with the rear I'll be using the 4" block w/tangs included from Icon
and that brings the rear already to 42.25ish" + whatever little extra from doing the mod B's...and that's about 43ish in the end I'm thinking.

Quick Reply: Almost to 100k....To-do/Wish List?