6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

edge products

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:17 PM
1BigBo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge products

So i found this on CL My motor is all stock ecept for the blue spring and a cold air intake will be doing the 4" turbo back exhaust next month. Is this a good deal and would you run this on a 6.0 without head studs he is asking 300.00 I cant get the link to work so here is the ad.

I am selling a power programer for a 2005 - 2007 Ford Diesel 6.0 Powerstroke. This will work on a F250, F350, and Excursion with the 6.0 Powerstroke.

The details according to Edge Products' website are:

FORD 6.0 POWERSTROKE 2005-2007

KEY FEATURES
• FIRST PROGRAMMER TO READ AND DISPLAY EGTs, probe included
• Provides in-cab display to monitor vital engine functions
• Additional 100 HP and 200 ft. lbs of torque
• Three power levels with special mileage tune for improved fuel economy
• Ships with a custom designed pod
• Internet updateable (cable included)
• Displays and clear diagnostic trouble codes
• Adjustable LED backlight color
• Does 0-60 and Quarter mile performance tests with the drag strip Christmas tree lighting and reaction times
• Displays Alerts and Records such as RPM, MPH and EGT
• Datalogs vital engine information
• Simple installation

ADVANCED TUNING
• Able to adjust shift points/pressure
• Adjustable speed/rev limiter
• Speedometer correction (corrects tire size on 2005-2007 vehicles with ABS)

PERFORMANCE TESTING
• 0-60 and Quarter mile performance tests with the drag strip Christmas tree lighting and reaction times

DATA STREAM
• Records 5 parameters for up to 60 seconds

PIDS
The Evolution allows the user to view up to 4 PIDs at one time. There are 11 different PIDs to choose from. Below is a list and description of each:
• RPM (revolutions per minute) -- Engine speed.
• MPH (miles per hour) -- Note: Dash display may be +/-3 MPH off from the digital display due to mechanical differences in the spring, etc. used to control the gauge.
• ECT (engine coolant temperature) -- Degrees F.
• BST (Boost Pressure) - PSI
• EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) -- Degrees F.
• EOT (Engine oil temperature) -- Degrees F.
• TFT (Transmission fluid temperature) -- Degrees F.
• IAT (Intake air temperature) -- Degrees F.
• BARO (Barometric pressure) -- PSI
• BAT (Battery voltage)
• DTC (Diagnostic trouble code count)

The following power gains are representative of an actual test vehicle. These gains were measured on a SuperFlow Dyno at an altitude of 4400 ft above sea level, and represent power delivered to the rear wheels of the test truck. The only modification made to the test truck was the addition of the Edge Evolution module. Power gains may vary based on vehicle and geographical location.

Level 0: Stock
Level 1 (Trans Only) Only adds transmission line pressure for firmer shifts.
Level 2 (Economy): 15 Horsepower - 55 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 3 (Tow): 60 Horsepower - 110 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 4 (Extreme): 100 Horsepower - 200 Foot Pounds of Torque

CARB certification pending. CARB E.O testing currently in progress.

The Evolution programmer has the ability to remove/adjust your vehicle's factory speed limiter. Improper use of this feature could result in a serious or fatal accident. Removal/adjustment of the factory speed limiter is intended for use in a closed circuit, legally sanctioned racing environment. Even if racing in a legally sanctioned racing environment, it is your responsibility to ensure your tires and other vehicle components are rated to travel at increased speeds with the speed limiter removed/adjusted. If you remove/adjust the speed limiter during highway driving, it is your responsibility to obey all driving laws, including adhering to posted speed limits.

Removing/adjusting the speed limiter for purposes inconsistent with the product's intended function, as stated herein, is a violation of the product's intended use and invalidates the product's warranty. Edge Products is not responsible for or liable for the consequences of improper product use.

Last edited by 1BigBo; 01-04-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: unknown
Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I am not a 6.0 aficionado, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I wouldn't run ANY kind of non-stock tunes on a 6.0 without studding it first.

The guys in the 6.0L PSD forum would have a lot better advice for you than here, since the Excursions also have 5.4's, 7.3's, and V10's.

So, since you really want THEIR input (they are the experts), I'm moving this over to the 6.0L PSD forum.

Stewart

Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would have also left the stock intake on it. You didn't do your truck any favors.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:43 PM
raptor131
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Put stock air filtration back on truck and the only tuner I would ever think about putting on my truck is the sct with custom tunes. Any other and you are looking for trouble, even with the sct I would want studs with stock headgaskets. But that's just my .2 cents

Old 01-04-2012, 08:04 PM
dakotajeep
Laughing Gas
Few if any members on here will recommend an Edge tuner for a 6.0

The SCT is the tuner of choice and SCT owners will chime in with the guys that they recvommend writing the tunes (not all tunes are equal!)

Generally speaking stay away from the Edge with a 6.0

Thad

Old 01-04-2012, 08:27 PM
1BigBo
Freshman User
Thanks for the input I figured it was not a good choice but i figure i would ask. as for the air intake it was on there when I bought it been looking on CL trying to find a stock one but no luck.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Might try an auto wrecking yard for the intake

The guy with the tunner probably had to replace his tranny and dont want to play with the edge any more

SCT tunners seam to be the thing for the 6.0 you will need to have a custom tune written for a NON studed truck

Maybe TEX will chime in He seams to keep up to date with the tunner stuff