Modular V10 (6.8l)  

changing injectors on V10...

Old 04-18-2003, 09:16 AM
airtractrdrivr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read a couple of threads where some of you have changed out your injectors and installed stronger ones, but I cant seem to find those particular threads now. I am considering this as my next mod, but am not sure what will fit. Any info would be appreciated here. Thanks!!

Old 04-18-2003, 11:18 AM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i want to install a larger mass air meter w/larger injs, but cant find any info on what size is stock.

Old 04-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Forced34795
Freshman User

Just curious to why you would want to add larger injectors? Are you running lean? Injectors would make no difference unless your blown or you have enough mods to start leaning the motor. Really no one knows where they are untill they know ther A/F ratio.

Old 04-18-2003, 01:43 PM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i am basically following along the same lines that i have helped my mustang friends do-bigger mass air calibrated for larger injs,freer exhaust,bigger throttle bodies, all with excellent results
It is no secret that the factory tunes as lean as possible for mileage and emissions. i have a much freer [spelling?] exhaust,bigger tb, modified airbox.More air- more fuel-more power,and yes most of us dont have ways to monitor af ratios,only if you can FEEL more power can you tell if it did any good.And yes we dont have mustangs but our eec,s operate on the same principle.Going to a bigger mass air w/bigger injs does produce more power with exhaust mods etc.And i am not afraid to try new things.

Old 04-18-2003, 02:00 PM
airtractrdrivr
Senior User

hehe, you beat me to the explanation!!

Old 04-19-2003, 02:19 AM
Forced34795
Freshman User

Well I didn't figure you guys were thinking about a different meter as well as injectors. What are the stock size? 19's I wonder what the % of the duty cycle is being used by the stock injectors in order to replace them with bigger ones with your mods. Definately I think the meter would make a one of the biggest differences. The only one im aware is the Granittelli or however you spell that. I wonder if pro-m makes a meter? Then it could be calibrated for stock injectors if there big enough. But man i dont plan on spinning my up that high. I guess i really cant say that the stock injectors would support your mods. But I dont see why they shoudn't. Really the best investement to me is after all the moding to have a tune on the dyno. Does anyone know any tuners that do autologic or other custom chips for this eec?

Old 04-19-2003, 06:34 AM
airtractrdrivr
Senior User

I think Diablo will burn custom chips, but I am not sure. Think I read something about it on their website though. I am in agreeance that a recalibrated meter would probably make a big difference, but unfortunately we are pretty limited on what is available for the V10 at this stage. Take for example the BBK throttle body. The one for the V10 is actually the same one used on the 4.6 Cobra engine. Takes a bit of looking around to see what will fit, although the selection is getting a little better all the time as the popularity and availability of the V10 grows.

Search this Thread