Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpenterics View Post
Bringing up an old thread but trying to get an answer...in your write up you say:

Any issues/concerns with eliminating the fusible link protection on this wire?
Absolutely no issues. I'm no longer running a fusible link or a fuse of any kind on the charge cable. Works just fine.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Posting Guru

ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.
Pandemic Vapor
I know this post hasn't been bumped in a while, but did you have to take anything to the starter? or just from the
alternator->"fuse block"->starter solenoid?

I got a 250A alternator, I plan on running a bunch of lights, and a nice sound system, and the ability to run more from my 12V without straining/ killing off the batteries constantly..

So should I just get a bigger AMP Mega fuse than what you have? The 2GA and the copper lugs are easy to acquire locally, solder pellets are tough to find around here though..

1994.5 F350: CCLB PSD - Project truck.
1997 Audi A4 2.8QM 12V-V6- Daily driver
Old 06-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
I bumped up to a 250a also. Jump up to a 1/0 charge cable and either run no fuse like I am now or you will need like a 300a fuse and make sure there is no resistance in the fuse.

All you need is the charge cable and it wouldn't hurt to build a ground cable to go from the alt case to the negative on the batt using the same size cable as the charge cable. Nohing needs to be run to the starter or anything.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:21 PM