Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Have a link to the other BBAS document? That might help.

I don't think the upfitters go anywhere else than the blunt cuts behind the fuse block. Never heard of any other wiring points.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM
New User

roncog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone know how to snake the upfitter harness to the area where the upfitter switch is located?

i read somewhere that i have to remove the in-dash cup holder but cannot seem to disconnect it all the way

any help would be appreciated as it is this close to being done

thanks all!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncog View Post
Does anyone know how to snake the upfitter harness to the area where the upfitter switch is located?

i read somewhere that i have to remove the in-dash cup holder but cannot seem to disconnect it all the way

any help would be appreciated as it is this close to being done

thanks all!
Are you asking about installing the switches? Or just connecting to existing switches?

This document shows how to install the switches:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...tml/Q157R1.pdf

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 10-02-2012, 04:17 PM
New User

Thanks for the reply Bill.

I just installed the relay and am trying to snake the wiring harness that runs from the relay to the back of the upfitter switch bank.

I am able to snake a piece of romex down through the space where the upfitter will be located (next to the TBC) and down under the dash, but I am having a heck of a time trying to get the harness back up through to the switch location.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:20 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Along the lines with what Bill posted, someone put together a step by step doc with instructions. It's in the post below:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...l#post12117924

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
New User

Thanks Matt. I do have those instructions and they made life very easy. the whole job wasn't bad.

But I cannot understand how the author of those instructions snaked the harness with the block wire connector back up behind the dash and into the slot where the switches are located-it's very tight.

Is there any way to disassemble the dash/cup holder? I had the same issue as the other guy (author of the inst) and cannot get the cup holder off-although I have my doubts that will give me the room I need
Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Hello guys,
What side are you trying to put the uplifter relay box on ?
My 2006 has it on the passenger side over the glove box
and it's easy to get at. The PDF looks like it being installed
on the driver side. If that is the case I can see why the pain.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 10-02-2012, 05:45 PM
New User

Hey Yahiko-

The upfitter relay box is installed on my 2011 F250 on the left side just near the parking brake. I could not snake the harness and connector up to where the switches are located because of lack of space.

Then my nitwit attack came to a sudden end and I removed the charging port between the cup holder and steering column by prying up and out with a small screwdriver and had plenty of room to run the harness and connector.

I'm new to this and haven't figured out how to post pictures-sorry.

Thanks to all for your help!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Go to you user panel and look at the space where the "Albums" is located
It's been a while I think if you click on your albums it will take you to
an upload page. After that you get to save changes and then it will
show the photo with the BB cods below it. i think I have that right.
Then all you have to do is copy the BB code and past it in.
Click the image to open in full size.
It will be code like this with some IMG formatting commands in it
This one is the same as the photo you can see but as a link without the
IMG command tag in it
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/pi...ctureid=102547
Let me know if I have you totally lost.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Posting Guru

madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncog View Post
Hey Yahiko-

The upfitter relay box is installed on my 2011 F250 on the left side just near the parking brake. I could not snake the harness and connector up to where the switches are located because of lack of space.

Then my nitwit attack came to a sudden end and I removed the charging port between the cup holder and steering column by prying up and out with a small screwdriver and had plenty of room to run the harness and connector.

I'm new to this and haven't figured out how to post pictures-sorry.

Thanks to all for your help!
If you remove the charging port and then the sync port on the other side you'll see a screw behind each one. remove these two screws then you can pop to whole panel off which really opens things up for you.
42 Ford 9N Tractor (old pig)

Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 AM
New User

Thanks everyone for all your help, on my truck and using this site.

here are the pics on how i accessed more room to snake the connector from the upfitter relay to the switch bank:

[IMG]www.ford-trucks.com/forums/members/roncog-albums-upfitter+1+%26amp%3B+2.html[/IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-03-2012, 06:13 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
Go to you user panel and look at the space where the "Albums" is located
It's been a while I think if you click on your albums it will take you to
an upload page. After that you get to save changes and then it will
show the photo with the BB cods below it. i think I have that right.
Then all you have to do is copy the BB code and past it in.
Click the image to open in full size.
It will be code like this with some IMG formatting commands in it
This one is the same as the photo you can see but as a link without the
IMG command tag in it
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/pi...ctureid=102547
Let me know if I have you totally lost.

Sean

Hey Sean,

I followed your instructions-thanks they were very clear. When i paste the pics in, it looks as if it is only pasting code and not the actual photos. maybe i need to reload the page...
Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
New User

Michaelangelo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know I'm late on this question, but I read on another forum that the uplifter switches each carries a different amp load. So be careful with what you hook up.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:45 AM
New User

yes I'm aware-but thank you very much for the reminder
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Senior User

Fleetsuper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Wiring Upfitter switch to trailer lights

I could use some help. I want to wire one of my Upfitter switches to the harness that runs the trailer lights. I want to be able to flash my trailer lights using one of the switches. Looking at some material found here it appears that everything runs through the body light module.

I don't want to screw up that module, has anyone done this and can lend some advice how to accomplish this task? Maybe a Ford tech could give me some help? I would really appreciate any help.
'06 Mustang GT Convertile (For Sale)
'05 Five Hundred (Family Ride)
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2011, 2012, aux, colors, diagram, duty, f250, f350, ford, put, super, switch, switches, upfitter, upliftter, wiring