General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Fantasy Graphics - All Hot Rods

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 05:57 PM
jimtete
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Guys ....... Just for That Here's More ........

There does that give you your eye candy fix for the night ..... ?

Jim

Old 01-04-2012, 06:01 PM
jimtete
Senior User
I thought I heard a nope! ....... Well then Take this (grin) ........... Oh I like Trucks to ...

That should hold ya's for a Bit .......

Jim

Old 01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now - here's a side note;

Not long ago IBI/FTE were looking for inputs for a new design for the FTE T-shirts. It eventually dropped off the event horizon because there was nothing that really "GRABBED" anyone...

~ But you just might be 'THAT GUY'...

it was a few months ago, and then it petered out. it needed a design printable - without many colors I would think - but that was striking.

I really never got a clear idea of how photo-real they intended the end object to be, and I know we have color advantage with 256+ to play with online.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
jimtete
Senior User
Just let me know what your looking for Wolfy ........ I could probably make whatever your looking for ..... Ya want it in Vinyl (grin)

Jim

Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I had to think about that for a second to realise what was implied...

If I represented myself as some way high up guy in IBI (Ken Payne sold FTE to IBI a few years ago. He created this place online) I beg to differ - I'm a user just like you who bought a paying membership and continued to.

I AIN'T THE LAW HERE....
I just know lots of STUFF

~if you hang around a garage - you learn how to swap engines. It was rather like that...

I came here to find out about a truck ten years ago.

I can't stand liars.

I'm allergic to STUPID people, they make me break out in hives I swear...

If I hear a paragraph from someone that only contains the message "I'd like to know who you are" but it is buried under "YO MAN, WAZZUP and (S)" plus a lot of bad words I compare the language to sources of information I have dealt with before and rate it according to apparent ignorance.

~STUPIDITY is usually plenty obvious

1) The foolish destroy things simply because they can.
2) Intelligent people create....

It occurred to me many years ago that abusive people could hardly be very good technical advisors

There is one and only one definite statement here that should be plain to all who see this (and greetings, by the way)

The son of an aircraft engineer who destinguished himself well in United States Military Service in the technical field of electronics is still here after ten years of membership.

AND I HAVE A SHORT ATTENTION SPAN

What does that tell you about this place?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:17 PM
jimtete
Senior User
That tells me that I have to watch how I say things ,,,,,.. cause there was nothing deragatory meant or infered or implied. All I wanted to know is do ya need some help with the graphic your looking for the T-shirt thing. I can get what ever your looking for printed in Vinyl to see what it looks like it was I meant.

Jim

Old 01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimtete
That tells me that I have to watch how I say things ,,,,,.. cause there was nothing deragatory meant or infered or implied. All I wanted to know is do ya need some help with the graphic your looking for the T-shirt thing. I can get what ever your looking for printed in Vinyl to see what it looks like it was I meant.

Jim
Don't sweat it. Wolfie is a very deeply thinking person as you'll learn in the coming years.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Umm....

All of personal expression is really like that.

What happens in conversation is that;

1) I HAVE AN IDEA!
2) I tell it to you...
3) CHECK! You then ask if what I said is what I really intended to say by repeating it
4) "Yes, it is this and that plus this one other thing - but I didn't mean to imply..."

MOST MISUNDERSTANDINGS HAPPEN BECAUSE NO-ONE CHECKED TO SEE IF WHAT THEY THOUGHT THEY HEARD WAS RIGHT

~and so on, you can see how it grows even though we take much of it for granted

(common things we know)

Old 01-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
We DO look at that kind of thing, I do anyway - and it's a lot of fun.

The INTERNET is the "PANDORA'S BOX" of the 21'st and also 20'th century.

But the bad and good things that sprung out of that box in Greek Mythology is the same as the tree of knowlege - and what IS the internet but a modern day version of exactly that?

Old 01-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
DIGITAL COMMUNICATION in the modern day has supplanted Latin in my view - because it and English are now the international language of Science itself. And we hope like hell that they can explain a universe that has rules by which we can avoid coming to an end...

Those who cannot cope with the notion pray that a benevolent God saves us from ourselves

Old 01-04-2012, 08:20 PM
jimtete
Senior User
Well Amen to that Wolfie .... How bout another Pic ...... or two ..... or ....

Jim

Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I recently got a good DVD of the directors cut of Close Encounters of the 3rd.

On the extra stuff they went into how hard it was to sync the cameras taking the ground footage with what they wanted to show by CG (Computer Graphics)

It was 1974 or 1975. There WERE no home computers.... Mr Trumbell realised that "LOCKING" the scenes together was required, he was one of those in charge of that

But in old sci-fi films you could tell that the UFO's were fake. They moved differently from everything around them.

CE3 was the first flick that actually MATCHED the position of the UFO's to the ground scenes so that they actually LOOKED real, because they behaved like a part of the scene

But it was still twenty years before computer graphic rendering

Digital light and magic had not yet been invented, and a presentation like "STAR WARS" was just not possible yet.

It remained for the "MATRIX" series of movies to show even further blends of old and new film set tactics.

A day may well come when we can no longer destinguish the difference between fantasy and real life, and all sorts of problems arise from it

We have more than enough worries about what modern films are teaching the young as it is

Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
jimtete
Senior User
I deal in Sweet rides ....... and Cool Backgrounds .... The rest is to deep for me.

Jim

Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 PM
jimtete
Senior User
Originally Posted by jimtete
I deal in Sweet rides ....... and Cool Backgrounds .... The rest is to deep for me.

Jim
Like More of these .....

Did I mention --- I like trucks .....

Jim

Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
O.K. - forget that.

What I will say is that if you can do all of that with an old version - I bet a lot of graphics places would love to have you with them

You've blown much of what I have ever done away

Quick Reply: Fantasy Graphics - All Hot Rods