Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada Happy New Year! - January 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:45 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, welcome back to the work week. Won't be around too much today, going to be busy here.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning Gerry, Pat, Ryan, Justin, Wyatt, Michelle, Bruce, Mat & the rest of our FTE friends!

Happy Monday & MLK Day!.
WOOHOO! (i never thought I'd be saying this) Yeah!...we got a 1/2 inch of snow!

I heard on the news that today is the day for honoring MLK by donating your time in your community?! (which ofcourse is always a great thing), but I thought today was about MLK & his accomplishments?
Am I missing something here?
I never was much into history in school... maybe someone can help me to understand this a little better?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:03 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sneakin in the back door

Well Donna I hope this is what you wanted me to do ...otherwise opps my bad.
I am in Pahrump Nv just over the hump (spring mtns.) from Vegas ...about 60 miles close to Death Valley Ca. I just wanted to check in with you as instructed ... LOL

Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Howdee Nevada.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:22 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by oldmongo
Well Donna I hope this is what you wanted me to do ...otherwise opps my bad.
I am in Pahrump Nv just over the hump (spring mtns.) from Vegas ...about 60 miles close to Death Valley Ca. I just wanted to check in with you as instructed ... LOL
LOL!...Thanks & welcome Oldmongo! Yes, come hang out & get to know everyone. We actually are a great group of people & may even be able to offer you mechanical ideas or help you navigate around the threads/forums.(i call them boards)
So, please tell us a little more about yourself & what kind of vehicle/s you have.

Hey everyone...check it out! Please welcome Oldmongo aka Dave. He's new to FTE & will be a new member in the Chapter soon.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by dustybumpers
Howdee Nevada.
Hi Charlie!

Thanks for the help earlier. Did ya see? did ya see?...
Oldmongo made it to the board/thread! WOOHOO!

It's sometimes hard to navigate around here when your new to things. I was & still am struggling with some things. LOL!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:49 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Just a man and his truck

I first found this site in Jan 2011 when I was in Va. on my retirement tour of the USA 1YR/12,000 miles. Nv, Tx, Va, Oh, Il, Tx, back to Nv. in my 1990 F250 ext cab long bed w/ 351w ZF 5 speed. only repairs T.O. bearing in Tx. and turn signal switch in Chicago + reg. PM's. The old girl did soooo good that her reward is to go thru it so it will run another 200k. She's kinda ugly but hasn't made me walk yet
I am a retired truck (big rig) driver but thinkin about some part time work soon (soc,sec, = low pay) but I gotta have time to fix the truck. I am in Pahrump Nv about 60 mi. W of Vegas.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by oldmongo
I first found this site in Jan 2011 when I was in Va. on my retirement tour of the USA 1YR/12,000 miles. Nv, Tx, Va, Oh, Il, Tx, back to Nv. in my 1990 F250 ext cab long bed w/ 351w ZF 5 speed. only repairs T.O. bearing in Tx. and turn signal switch in Chicago + reg. PM's. The old girl did soooo good that her reward is to go thru it so it will run another 200k. She's kinda ugly but hasn't made me walk yet
I am a retired truck (big rig) driver but thinkin about some part time work soon (soc,sec, = low pay) but I gotta have time to fix the truck. I am in Pahrump Nv about 60 mi. W of Vegas.
It sounds like you have a reliable truck there. Got any pictures you could share?
So were you a OTR/48 States, OTR/11States, or a Local Driver? My exhusband used drive for Gainey-MI, SMX - CA, UPS - Sparks, Carrey - Fallon, & Carney - MoundHouse/Gardnerville. He was a driver &/or driver trainer.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:14 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Justin - The group my wife and I investigate with is GARP - Ghost Anomaly Research Project LLC. You can see more about them and their information at:

Ghost Anomaly Research Project, Las Vegas LLC

Just remember that I'm restructuring and redoing their site. I haven't had much time to work on it yet since joining them, but we're getting there.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Hey all!

I hope everyone is having a good day and had a good weekend. Sorry I haven't written, but as you know we were in Arizona investigating the Oliver House Hotel (Bisbee) and the Birdcage Theater (Tombstone) in southern Arizona.

We had a blast. Unfortunately I started getting really sick with a cold early Sun morning while on the investigation at the Birdcage Theater, so that kind of hampered things for me a bit, but still had fun, none the less. Then we drove back yesterday, but I felt like such hell that I basically just went to bed when I got home.

Anyway, don't feel much better today, but hopefully I'll feel better this week to go over evidence and see what we got. I don't think I'll be able to post it up here, but once it's officially released via G.A.R.P., I'm sure we'll post it on our site there and then I can link it here. For any of you that are interested, anyway.

Well, I hope everyone enjoys the rest of your day.

Take care,
Mat

PS Justin, that sounds pretty cool about the footsteps near the recorder.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:07 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

YEAH!...I got the laptop back today & so far so good! All the icons are back & they put Avast Free on it for me too! No extra or re charge for bringing it back - SWEET! I'm on it now.
Me so happy!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Mat - I can't wait! I look forward to hearing more about your trip & hopefully seeing if you guys got anything! How exciting!
I hope your feeling better soon. Take care & get some rest. Also, when you feel better & have a chance, please call me.(weekday mornings are the best) I'd like to talk to you about your V.C. trip in May, & see if you'd possibly be interested in something related to the Chapter. You still have my number right? If not, shoot me a PM & I'll give it to you again.

Thanks & get better soon!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Drivin for a livin !!!

I was a "local" driver 1 trip a day Vegas to Ontario Ca and back ... loaded on return only 2415 mi, 5X a week not a bad run and NO touch freight too "SWEET". I want try to find a local only deal here so we'll just have to see... My F250 is dependable as you can get I got it in mid 06 with 142,000 approx. mi. not much in repairs from then till 2010 alt. TO bearing, breaks, tires original A/C compressor and tune up or 2 . Not being a Ford guy I have learned a lot from FTE on the workings if the truck, I'm not planning to get too fancy but I'm aiming for MPG and dependability and a tough more get-a-long. It will haul a good load, it is rated at 8800 gvw on the door sticker. When I give it a bath and make it all purddy I'll pass along a picture !!! Dave Oh yes Avast free is a very good virus program to have ... trust me on this !!!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Hey there Miss Donna...yes, I have the number and will call later this week. I should be feeling better by then. I'm just a mess right now. Barely functioning and everything hurts like heck.

One quick question to everyone...where is a good place to check for Ford parts? New? Used?

Reason I ask is before I got my 03 F-150, someone must have taken out the "slider cover" (or whatever you officially call it) that goes over (well, under really) my sunroof/moonroof in the interior. You know, the piece of your headliner that slides closed so that the sun doesn't show through your sunroof all of the time?

Well, that piece has been missing since I got my truck. I'd like to see if I can replace it, but really have no idea where to look for it. I'm sure it's going to be expensive as heck if it's new, but I figured I might as well check anyway. So, I was just wondering what site(s) to check for parts like that.

Every time I go to Nevada Pic-a-part here in Las Vegas, everything seems to already be picked apart by the time I even get there. I'll check anyway, but it usually seems like a lost cause unless you are trying to find some weird, off the wall part that no one else wants/uses. But if it's a common part, you might as well forget it because everyone strips it out the day the car/truck shows up and then they sell it themselves somewhere else for a higher price.

Anyway, any leads would be appreciated. Plus, I don't even know what to officially call it. A sunroof cover? LOL

Thanks,
Mat

Old 01-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,158 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Good Tuesday Morning NV, have a good one Donna, Mat, Bruce, G

Quick Reply: Nevada Happy New Year! - January 2012