Well got my new to my truck leafs in. They aren't arched as much as the stock ones so I didn't think I was going to gain any height but I gained 1/2" at The wheel wells and 3/4" at the hitch.
Look like im going o be lookin for a set of 2 possibly 3" blocks for the rear to go with the 2" front spacers.
Also thinking about a 3" body lift. Haw hard are they to install?
What's a average time to install a full kit?
I am a millwright with a full shop of tools at my disposal even forklift if needed.
I'll post some pics when I get to a computer, can't on the iPhone
Took me about two days to do mine. I went with the Performance Accessories 3" body lift kit. Installing the kit isn't hard, it's more getting the stock bolts out that was a PITA for me. My truck spent most of it's life in Michigan so I couldn't free up most of the bolts. I grinded all of the stock bolts off except for a few in the cab that came out cleanly.
You could probably get yours done even quicker than I did since you have a shop. I don't have air tools, so I used hand tools to do the install. Only power tools I used were an electric drill and my 4.5" angle grinder. Did it out in the driveway.
If you decide to do a body lift, you better check your core support. Mine was rotted out at both of the frame mounts, and had to be replaced before proceeding with the lift. I bought a new support along with the bushings and had that all installed prior.
Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help.
ok well today was a productive day..... 9hrs later...
drove to work and got started on the front end. drivers side ujoints and wheel bearing went without a hitch until i went to install the coil spring spacer. i broke the stud extension..... so i made one (love having a welder and lathe at work) got it all back together then onto the passenger side... removed the hub and gave the axle a tug, cameout at the slip joint. and i couldnt for the life of me get the inner part of the axle out... go figure that was the bad ujoint too..... so i had to change the ujoint with the axle on the truck.....talk about a pain in the but! so got that all done and tightening the nut in the hub. got the inner one set, the lock ring in and go to tighten the outer nut and as i tighten i cant turn the wheel anymore... just great... take it apart again and the pin that holds the lockring in place broke off ... FYI a roller fron inside a ujoint cap is the EXACT sixe of that pin that i just broke off... so i had about 50 replacements sitting on the floor around me... got that all back together and buttoned up the front end.
heres a before shot
with the front spring spacers it looks level in the pic but standing beside it it seems like the back end is lower.
and installed the rear 2.5" blocks. got dark so the pic is crappy will have better ones tomorrow
i know its dirty lol, gunna wash it tomorrow and get better pics. and i definatly need an allignment now
also did the headlight harness and relays. i used #12 wire for it.
before and after pics
The inner axle stub for passenger side has a c-clip on the inside I thought. Because there is a slip fit on the inner ujoint there has to be a way to hold the inner axle in.
I'll have to get a d44 LSD and have it on the shelf. I'm guessing I'll need to do ujoints eventually and I would love to have something extra in the front.
I really like my truetrac front diff in my other truck but can't justify the cost of it in a dd front end.