Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Posting Guru

PA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputation
the main thing it turns out to be with no check engine light on is moisture under boot, corrosion

Mark
Pa chapter member
Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Freshman User

NorthTitan33 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ya I think I'll change spark plugs and boots. After I do all those tests.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Senior User

1973Ford2004 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Have you checked your O2 sensors?
My theory is long, because I went through everything summer of 2010, but when I finally got to the O2 sensors I had one arcing out because of a chafed wire

The problem with our trucks is everything is connected, the problem with the engine may not always be located on the engine.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Posting Guru

PA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputation
never thought of that.... good lookin out

Mark
Pa chapter member
Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Freshman User

well i was out for the night and just got back so no further improvements. ill continue tomorrow. i did notice that one of my rubber boots is different from the rest. maybe they are crap.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Freshman User

so I am in process of cleaning everything and there was corrosion between the coil spring and the coil, do i put the dielectric grease on everything? even up in the hole where the spring attaches to the coil?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Senior User

2003 f-250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
can't hurt anything. All the dielectic grease does is keep out oxygene and moisture.
thanks,
robert
Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Freshman User

you all also covered your boots in the grease and then put them down in the hole?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTitan33 View Post
you all also covered your boots in the grease and then put them down in the hole?
Yes this is fine as well, will do the truck good....

Mark
Pa chapter member
Old 01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Freshman User

FIXED!!! Call this thread closed!!! Took every injector out, and tested resistance, all good. Took every spark plug out, checked resistance, all good. Took every coil out, checked resistance, all good. The boots were decent, but there was moisture under them. Got new boots and springs, cleaned out every coil chamber and put it all back together with lots of dielectric. All is well. Thanks for all the help everyone!! Hope this helps someone else in the future.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Posting Guru

Sweet! now dont be a turd and dissapear untill the next problem you have with your truck. Stick around and pay it forward!

Mark
Pa chapter member
Old 05-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Elder User

bohiaa is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTitan33 View Post
FIXED!!! Call this thread closed!!! Took every injector out, and tested resistance, all good. Took every spark plug out, checked resistance, all good. Took every coil out, checked resistance, all good. The boots were decent, but there was moisture under them. Got new boots and springs, cleaned out every coil chamber and put it all back together with lots of dielectric. All is well. Thanks for all the help everyone!! Hope this helps someone else in the future.

YES IT DID...

Having issues with mine. Going to remove EVERYTHING tomorrow. and CLEAN it all. Grease it up. b4 I go spending $$$.

thanks for post
Old 05-26-2014, 05:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2003, 2007, duty, expidition, f250, ford, misfire, northern, piercing, probe, super, tool, valve