6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

6.0L No Start (new to site)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 PM
MREESE
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m-chan68
Replace your IPR valve, STC fitting, oil filter and oil filter cap and be done with it already. From here on, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT, use any other oil filter other than an FL-2016 filter and Motorcraft EC-781 cap when doing your oil changes.
LOL.. Thanks guys.. I am sure you are tired of hearing from me already. I plan on changing the STC fitting, IPR valve and oil cap as well.. It appears that somebody has already been inside this motor. I have it torn down to the HPOP and besides the IPR Valve damaged I dont see anything else that looks suspect.

The one question I do have though is should I just replace the pump since I have it apart or is there a way to manually test this one?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
Hey we dont get sick of helping anyone if there willing to turn the wqrenches Heck Id even come help ya if you lived close

The only people we get SICK of is those that BAD Mouth FORD we call them(TROLLS)
I can understand some folks need to blow off some STeam thats one thing

But some come here with a Bad Taste in there mouth for FORD and usually a mechanic or two has taken advantage of them I feel bad for some of them but its kinda there fault to theres a TON of info on the internet anymore Heck all some of them would have to do is get a cheap gauge and post numbers on here and they would have all the help and info they needed to Keep the Crooked Mechanics in line you have to protect yourself anymore

I bet the IPR valve is your issue I would be willing to bet a buck that your HPOP is fine
you could change the STC fitting since your close and they have updated parts now

Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by MREESE
LOL.. Thanks guys.. I am sure you are tired of hearing from me already. I plan on changing the STC fitting, IPR valve and oil cap as well.. It appears that somebody has already been inside this motor. I have it torn down to the HPOP and besides the IPR Valve damaged I dont see anything else that looks suspect.
Please clarify exactly what it is that gives you the clue to your quoted statement highlighted in bold red. New part(s)? Stripped/missing fastener(s)? Do you know the truck's repair history?

The one question I do have though is should I just replace the pump since I have it apart or is there a way to manually test this one?
NOW you would be talking about wasting your money replacing un-needed parts. Unless this truck has very high mileage and/or been severely neglected regarding proper oil change intervals, it would be highly unlikely that your high pressure oil pump is in need of replacement.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:14 PM
MREESE
New User
BLADE. I appericate all the help and the thought that you would come by to help. I am always more then willing to turn my own wrenches. Heck how else will somebody learn unless they fix it themselves. lol.

m-chan.. I dont know the trucks history. I am in Michigan and I purchased from a dealer who got it from Flordia. There was a bolt missing from the turbo where it mounted (front on passanger side), there were zip ties on the fuel lines (things I have seen people do to hold the tube nuts from falling down), and there were marks on the HPOP cover bolts that appeared that they have been removed before.

I am going to run to the dealer tomorrow and order the STC fitting, the IPS sensor and new seals and gaskets for the turbo, and new oil filter cover (already have a few new motorcraft filters laying around).

Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 AM
caiati
Senior User
Welcome to the forum. I had my ICP go out last year and it threw a code. The stealership replaced it and everything is fine. My truck always started but it takes forever to do so. I updated the STC fitting in the summer but it did not help. I tested my FICM and all normal numbers. I hope you find the root to your problem. It seems this is happening more and more frequently.

BLADE35: I already have gauges for my ECT, EOT, FP & EGT's. Would I also be able to hook up the scan gauge and would it be beneficial??

Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 AM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by caiati

BLADE35: I already have gauges for my ECT, EOT, FP & EGT's. Would I also be able to hook up the scan gauge and would it be beneficial??

Yes a SGII would get ICP and IPR% with those 2 PIDS you would be able to see the condition of your HPO system since you may suspect a leak

Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 AM
caiati
Senior User
Ok I think I'll go ahead and get one then. Thanks

Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 AM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by caiati
Ok I think I'll go ahead and get one then. Thanks

with the gaugees you have now and the adition of a scangauge the truck will be pretty well coverde the moter anyway there are a couple tranny pids you get on SG as well

Good little toy that SGII

Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 AM
raptor131
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I purchased from a dealer who got it from Flordia. There was a bolt missing from the turbo where it mounted (front on passanger side), there were zip ties on the fuel lines (things I have seen people do to hold the tube nuts from falling down), and there were marks on the HPOP cover bolts that appeared that they have been removed before.

somewhere in time raptor wrote
Originally Posted by raptor131
then it was time to get the turbo out, i had coated it in pb blaster before i started, i was shocked to find the bolt on the passenger side was hand tight,the other 2 came out with no issues, now the downpipe is no problem, i had just been in there to put on my 4" turbo back so it was familiar
maybe it was at the same dealership as mine.LOL unless that bolt just seems to want to walk out by itself

Old 01-04-2012, 11:40 AM
MREESE
New User
I am going to get a Scangauge as well as soon as I get this thing back together and save up a few bucks lol

Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 PM
caiati
Senior User
MREESE - I'm with ya on the saving up a couple bucks!! You can go on for days thinking of upgrades to do to this truck! Have fun.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:08 AM
caiati
Senior User
BLADE35: I ordered my scii and I'm excited to get some real time info. Since I run an SCT tune I use the same port that the scii would use. Is it safe to unplug the scii to update my tunes after its installed?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:14 PM
MREESE
New User
So all the parts should be in and hopefully I can have it back together this weekend. When I reinstall the HPOP is there anything I need to do to it first? And is there any where I can get the torque specs for the important parts when reinstalling everything? Let keep our fingers crossed lol.

After reading everything about these trucks the last few days I am really excited to start doing some performance mods to my truck. I really need to get my racecar back together first, but after that is done then I am all about doing some performance upgrades to this thing.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 PM
caiati
Senior User
Well you could do the performance upgrades and have a truck and race car all in one!

Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 PM
bebeard
Senior User
So I went and got a scan tool from Autozone. The only code I have is P2285 for the Injector Control Pressure sensor. I am going to run a test on the sensor now and keep everybody updated.

Thanks for the help.
I had issues with hard cold starts..... Replaced the ICP Sensor and is running much better now!

'04 250 92k miles

Brook

Quick Reply: 6.0L No Start (new to site)