6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Faulty PMM Coolant Filtration System filter base (w/pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 02:28 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,490 Likes on 1,727 Posts
Sometimes it is best to ignore the "pokes" and just get right down to the customer service ...................

It will benefit you in the long run (especially if the poke had some merit)

You are competing with companies that have established themselves and will get recommended by quite a few of us. What do you offer that is better (don't necessarily need an answer myself - I am not in the market)??

Old 12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
High Binder
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sig40
High Binder: It is called counter boring and it is done before tapping. Provides for a flat surface so tapping will start straight and eliminates the chance for cross threading when installing the fitting... In the old days, that was how it was done.

I wasn't talking about counter boring although that would work too but there a lot more metal work and tool wear in counter boring, I was saying chamfer because it would be cheap and easy as I suspect this company is justing getting up and going. A simple ~.04" chamfer on the ID just to clean up/deburr the ID a little and it would be cheap! With an TiN insert only knocking off .04" per op you could easily run thousands of parts off of one $10 insert and only have to make small offsets.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 664 Likes on 424 Posts
Originally Posted by PerformanceMachMFG
Tell me if I am wrong but I only see A customer with ONE defective item, the other is a complaint where we were basically compared to "retards" with a CNC. There is absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism but to act as sig40 did is truly condescending and I stand behind that.
What sig40 did may very well have been condescending, but putting up with crap while wearing a smile is the nature of customer service. "The customer is always right." Any one hypothetical customer may be a total ******* but coming back with an attitude at them, on a web forum with 1000's of other potential customers, is not good customer service.

To be perfectly frank, if I were in the market for a coolant filtration kit and reading this thread, I would not buy yours, just because of that attitude.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 PM
TheBestKindOfEX
Senior User
Getting deeper in here

Originally Posted by dchamberlain
What sig40 did may very well have been condescending, but putting up with crap while wearing a smile is the nature of customer service. "The customer is always right." Any one hypothetical customer may be a total ******* but coming back with an attitude at them, on a web forum with 1000's of other potential customers, is not good customer service.

To be perfectly frank, if I were in the market for a coolant filtration kit and reading this thread, I would not buy yours, just because of that attitude.
Maybe the "Customer Service" needs a revamp and not the product, because the more that is said by Performance Machine MFG, the less likely any of us will be buying anything from them........

Old 12-31-2011, 06:05 PM
tharepairguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know nothing about this product and I guess it would depend upon the price point, function and looks. It sounds like from another post that this kit filters differently than the other kits. I think the Sinister kit is hard to beat at it's price with included valves vs it's comp.

This day and age where retailers have to bend over backwards for pain the *** customers that are not always right, is sad. If you have a problem with a product you purchased, call them first and see how they deal with it. Until you have done that, it's pretty low to bash them online. I've never dealt with these guys but it seems like they handled the situation great, hopefully they offered a little compensation to the OP since we know that the coolant lost because of their problem wasn't the OP's fault. But IMHO, the OP should have test fit the filter before install, it's just the smart thing to do, esp on a new product.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 PM
AMB_F-150
Senior User
Originally Posted by tharepairguy
I know nothing about this product and I guess it would depend upon the price point, function and looks. It sounds like from another post that this kit filters differently than the other kits. I think the Sinister kit is hard to beat at it's price with included valves vs it's comp.

This day and age where retailers have to bend over backwards for pain the *** customers that are not always right, is sad. If you have a problem with a product you purchased, call them first and see how they deal with it. Until you have done that, it's pretty low to bash them online. I've never dealt with these guys but it seems like they handled the situation great, hopefully they offered a little compensation to the OP since we know that the coolant lost because of their problem wasn't the OP's fault. But IMHO, the OP should have test fit the filter before install, it's just the smart thing to do, esp on a new product.
I agree that the situation was handled just fine. I also agree that I probably should have spun it on prior to installing. I'm usually pretty meticulous when it comes to working on any vehicle, but it was about 35* and raining....on top of that...my truck no longer fits in my garage and for how simple of an install this kit is I didn't need to spend a whole lot of time installing. No big deal anyways. Just posted here as an FYI so that others could learn from my mistake of not checking things over...I'll have the replacement base shortly, install it and be on my way.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:53 PM
04PSDCREW4X4
New User
Originally Posted by tharepairguy

I purchased this coolant filter system. I have friend that has sinister. I would buy this one again other than a shipping problem. I think it is fine I installed the whole thing in less than 10 minutes. I didn't have to cut any hose I can take it off if I want and not have to buy a replacement hose. And as far acustomer service goes they have been on FTE to explain and make it right.
Also when I called about shipping they said they would send 2 filter for my trouble.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:23 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,490 Likes on 1,727 Posts
I will challenge a few of the posters of this thread (since I clearly agree w/ the super moderator's viewpoint!!)

Below is a link to a thread in which someone has had a very bad experience and is drawing conclusions as to the quality of work and/or parts.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ightmares.html

So let me ask ......... Are you glad to know about these issues or should he keep it quite for weeks (and maybe months) while trying to work it out?? How many people might be saved thousands because of this (and similar) post? Same issue as with the filter in this thread - just a lot more at stake!

This forum's purpose is to talk about problems and solutions. I for one am glad to have the benefit of the shared experiences (especially with pictures) - whether good or bad.

If nothing else, it gives vendors some extra incentive to improve the quality control so they don't have to offer us some extras because of the trouble. We both win that way.

I have seen multiple vendors deal with complaints in this and other forums over the years. Some come out of it as winners, and some don't. It all depended on how the customers were treated (even if they were wrong).

No doubt that if you do a lot of business, you will have an issue or two. Anyone in business should prepare for how they would respond to a complaint way before even selling the first part (IMO anyway)!

I have seen Ed at FICMrepair.com, the DCPower folks, Bob at DieselSite, and the folks at BulletProofDiesel ALL handle complaints professionally and promptly. All of them offer a product quality that many now brag on. That is the ultimate goal.

Clearly the first step by PerformanceMachMFG has been taken - to provide an exchange and some compensation. The next step is to ensure the future quality doesn't generate any more posts (except the bragging ones)!

btw - Clearly the machining looked poor from pic 2 of the original post. This should be easy to correct! also the first pic of the product on the web site does look like it is anodized or the surface is treated in some way.

http://performancemachinemfg.com/i-7...chine-mfg.html

Old 12-31-2011, 11:02 PM
sig40
Senior User

I have received 2 emails from members saying they have had the same issues and are returning their units. That’s 4. I wonder just how many more of these bad units were shipped. What is going to happen if someone isn’t paying attention, install the system and it starts leaking while they are on the road? Is a preventive recall in order?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <wontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority9; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> I took a closer look at mine and the filter doesn’t screw on straight either. Granted it is much, but it is crooked.

The sealing surface isn’t flat. You can see the 2 passes, one lower than the other. It’s not much but it all starts adding up.

As far as pining the threaded fitting in place goes, I couldn’t find another example of this anywhere on the web. They could have used a fitting with a nut in the middle ( I found those on the web), a jam nut or even Loctite.

Now to address some of the comments; I didn’t start his thread, I just added my experience to it. I would hate for another member to receive the same product. If you all could get past the “RETARD” distraction, you could address the product issue. Performance Machine MFG shipped a poor product at best and was called on it. The smart thing, Fred, would have not to have drugged your sister into a business matter. I don’t consider Autism as being a retard. A machinist that doesn’t take pride in his work is another story.

“This day and age where retailers have to bend over backwards for pain the *** customers that are not always right, is sad.” Did you ever think if the product was right, the service was good and the price was fair, YOU wouldn’t have “Pain-in-the-***” ( I believe that is what you meant to say ) customers? With your attitude, it’s NO wonder you have “Pain-in-the-***” customers.

“It will benefit you in the long run (especially if the poke had some merit)” Again, Fred, had you or Matt been paying attention, none of this would have happened! Everyone would be happy and I would have my system on and running. The only reason I bought your bypass unit was because it had the best hose system. Face it, you guys screwed up bad. Stop tap dancing around the issue and own up to the problem!

The anodizing issue: Whether you mention it or not, your pictures suggest the part is anodized.

Here is a list of other suppliers of this same product; Sinister, Diesel oil bypass kits, Diesel Site, MomsterMarketplace, Pure Diesel Power, etc. If you search “Ford Coolant Filtration Systems” A bunch will come up. Now Matt, What are you going to do to fix your product and make people want to buy it? I wish this all hadn't happened. I wish my filter was installed and working...

Old 12-31-2011, 11:18 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
nice looking unit...glad I have my Anodized Sinister unit though

Send your units back and get a new one from them. Probably just a stupid QA failure. If the replacement comes screwed up though...bail

Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 PM
PerformanceMachMFG
New User
If you are insinuating that we aren't admitting there is a problem, your way off base. As far as the picture suggesting the base is "anodized", that is from a camera flash, bare T6061 aluminum is very hard to photograph without this problem. SIG40, let me be 100% clear with you on this issue, you had concerns which you felt need be aired out on a public forum as if we did not give a damn to be quite frank. When I say you act like we don't give a damn this what I mean, you have said it more than once now, "A machinist that doesn’t take pride in his work is another story." What do you base this off of? Because there is a issue with a product? The issue with the threaded nipple being crooked IS NOT a machining issue, it is a personnel issue. The employee responsible for installing this is the packager, everyone we have seen an issue with has been cross-threaded. Am I making excuses? Hell no, I am simply stating a fact that shows you are making assumptions and not stating facts. Had you called us from the get go and approached your issue differently this would have already been over and done. Your original email, which was how we were notified of this post read as follows: "Very disappointed in your workmanship..." and included a link to this very thread, that was it. The original email, however not condescending only went downhill after I offered to even give you my cell phone number to assist you when it was 9:37 PM our time on the east coast. Performance Machine & MFG. and myself attempted to help you, but apparently you simply cannot be helped. You haven't called or even given us the chance to correct it, if you don't give us the chance then don't expect it to fix itself by posting about how bad our parts are in a forum. If the product were as bad as you are making it out to be, we would have over a thousand paper weights because there is absolutely nothing about the product we have done correctly. I am going to just duly note the issues you have with your kit per the emails you sent saying you want to return it.

• threaded fitting is crooked in the filter mount
  • sealing surface is not flat (Have you used a straight edge with feeler gauge to confirm this? If not it's only an assumption.)
  • Inlet and outlet ports should be chamfered
  • threaded fitting, that the filter screws onto, seems a little thin
  • threaded fitting unfinished on the end
  • aluminum practical's in the ports
  • I noticed tha there is a line down the middle. I'll let you know if it leaks
If I am coming across as a dick I apologize to the other members of this forum, but attempting to run PMM down and me sit by and take it is not going to happen when I personally have TRIED helping you. As far as "pain-in-the-***" customers go, I didn't say that. However, the poor guy that originally posted this he even lost coolant, was he a jerk about it? Absolutely not, we made sure he was duly compensated, did he ask for anything? No, we offered to send him extra filters because it was the right thing to do. He actually had a reason to be a "pain-in-the-***" customer, not that you don't have the right to be upset but taking it to the level you have is ridiculous. The time you have spent on here bashing us could have been far better suited by picking up the telephone and dialing 877-408-3256 to address the problem in a way that is actually constructive for not only your own sake but ours as well. It is clear to me that we can do nothing correctly in your eyes. For that I apologize, and to those who will read through this pointless mess I apologize for this post.

- FRED

Old 01-05-2012, 10:17 AM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 664 Likes on 424 Posts
And he just digs the hole a little deeper.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Special Ed
Elder User
I don't find this post to be pointless at all but very informational. Thank u for the pics Sig!

Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 AM
TheBestKindOfEX
Senior User
Doomed

Originally Posted by dchamberlain
And he just digs the hole a little deeper.
Originally Posted by Special Ed
I don't find this post to be pointless at all but very informational. Thank u for the pics Sig!
If I owned PMM, Fred would be history........several posts ago.
Great topic and great participant responses. One of the most useful threads I have subscribed to yet. I'm getting a coolant bypass filter and I know where it's NOT coming from.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:42 AM
cinrock
Freshman User
I'm getting a coolant bypass filter and I know where it's NOT coming from. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Have to agree with that statement. I'm shopping for a coolant filtration system also. PMM's website now says they're out of stock but will put you on a waiting list.

I was already to purchase last night and now find this thread-and Fred. Fred's approach to this problem turned me off PMM.

Acknowledge the problem-apologize-lay out the plan to fix the problem-apologize-replace the defective unit. This is customer service 101.

Heck of a way for me to write post #1 but the irony of the situation got me out of lurk mode!

Quick Reply: Faulty PMM Coolant Filtration System filter base (w/pictures)