6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

AirLift Wireless air will not deflate

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:24 PM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AirLift Wireless air will not deflate

I had this problem for awhile. When inflating my wireless system then deflate the bags after towing, only one side will let out air. I have already exchanged the manifold with Airlift once because of this problem with the left side bag. Now the right side bag has the problem. I have double checked my settings on the remote to make sure I was deflating both bags. The only way I can get the air out now is to pull the line out of the manifold. I don't want another crappy manifold if the same problem happens again.... Has this happened to anybody else?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:03 PM
My Skilz
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ohh boy im on my 3rd manifold ,,,i have used air lift before in my tundra bo problem for 3 yrs .. but ever since i put these in the ford one headache after another same problem with deflating but mine was always on the right side anyway they thought it was the air bag anti-freeze but it wasn't any way possible water or condensation buidup ,,, even the smallest of dirt particle can jam up; manifold ,,, Solution was (yes i know i should'nt of had to spend money on this but to not have to be down for anytime here is what i did 3 inline push on air filters theay are small and $6 each , i put one one the incoming air side , and 1on each output
/input side and no more problems ,,,,

Old 12-29-2011, 11:06 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Mine hasn't given me that problem. The bags do inflate and deflate at different rates sometimes lagging behind the other by as much as 15 lbs but they always end up at the same pressure. I once inflated to 100 lbs and had a hard time getting them to deflate at all. I just messed with several different keystroke combinations on the wireless controller and it eventually worked. Other than that, all okay.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:10 AM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
Originally Posted by lexustbs
I had this problem for awhile. When inflating my wireless system then deflate the bags after towing, only one side will let out air. I have already exchanged the manifold with Airlift once because of this problem with the left side bag. Now the right side bag has the problem. I have double checked my settings on the remote to make sure I was deflating both bags. The only way I can get the air out now is to pull the line out of the manifold. I don't want another crappy manifold if the same problem happens again.... Has this happened to anybody else?
I will forward your information onto our customer service area. I will follow up with them this afternoon and see what they suggest. Hopefully will have a response for you today.

How long ago did you by the unit, and do you remember when it was that you exchanged the manifolds?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 AM
fldave
Junior User

Originally Posted by lexustbs
I've noticed that as well. I'll inflate and takes forever to deflate, even a small amount, wasn't like this when it was new.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:03 PM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for brining this issue to our attention. The next item on my list of things to buy is an airbag setup. I am looking at the AirLift 5000's and the wireless compressor setup. I am about a month away from buying and interested to see how customer service handles your issues and whether there is something inherently wrong with the overall design - given that you have already replaced the manifold several times and still having the same issue.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:08 PM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by AirLiftCompany
I will forward your information onto our customer service area. I will follow up with them this afternoon and see what they suggest. Hopefully will have a response for you today.

How long ago did you by the unit, and do you remember when it was that you exchanged the manifolds?
Swapped them in October. Purchased around May of this year? Still have the old manifold as I just forgot to ship it back. The bags can sit for over 2 hours and nothing will come out of the left bag. I would like to point out that the system worked for 2 months this time, and over 4 months on the other manifold. I do drive on alot of dusty and muddy roads, but my air intake for the compressor is inside the cab. I tried to call AirLift today and the tech line had a 45 minute wait time???? Either every person that buys Airlift is having a problem at the same time, or something is messed up. I left a message as well, but no return call.

FYI that this thing rides all messed up with one side 5psi, and the other at 60psi. Thank Lord I can reach under the fender and pull the air line.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:59 PM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
I talked with our lead engineer, and they have seen this situation with some previous batches of manifolds. He explained that it is caused by a large pressure differential between the two bags.

I apologize for the delay with customer service you had today, I know there are a couple of people on vacation today due to the holiday. The recommendation I received was to have you swap it out again. They have addressed this issue on the newer manifolds, I'm not positive when the newer manifolds were released, this may have happened since October.

I will contact customer service as well as our Marketing Director on Tuesday when everyone returns to the office.

Again, I apologize for the problems you are having, and I will do everything I can to make sure you end up happy in the end.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:05 PM
xrated
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AirliftCompany wrote:
He explained that it is caused by a large pressure differential between the two bags.
There is a large pressure differential because the one bag will not deflate!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:14 PM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
I talked with our lead engineer, and they have seen this situation with some previous batches of manifolds. He explained that it is caused by a large pressure differential between the two bags.

I apologize for the delay with customer service you had today, I know there are a couple of people on vacation today due to the holiday. The recommendation I received was to have you swap it out again. They have addressed this issue on the newer manifolds, I'm not positive when the newer manifolds were released, this may have happened since October.

I will contact customer service as well as our Marketing Director on Tuesday when everyone returns to the office.

Again, I apologize for the problems you are having, and I will do everything I can to make sure you end up happy in the end.
Thank you for the help. But I want to know if there was a change made between October and now with the manifold? I dont understand the large pressure difference theroy that you got. The bags inflate to the same pressure, but when time to deflate thats when the large change happens. I've done some more online research online and others have the same problem with no fix but just to keep replacing the manifold....... But, heck I'll give another manifold a chance. Whats its going to hurt.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:16 PM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
I believe what he was implying is that prior to trying to deflate the bags there was already an unequal pressure in the bags.

Those with similar issues, did you have equal pressure in each bag prior to deflating or were they aired up at different pressures? Either way is the proper use of the system, I'm just trying to determine if there are other issues leading to the problem.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 PM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
I believe what he was implying is that prior to trying to deflate the bags there was already an unequal pressure in the bags.

Those with similar issues, did you have equal pressure in each bag prior to deflating or were they aired up at different pressures? Either way is the proper use of the system, I'm just trying to determine if there are other issues leading to the problem.
I know for sure before trying to deflate my bags that they were at the exact same pressure. Reason being, I was on level ground with a 4500lbs trailer pin load and decided to add 60psi to the bags. But there was a change in equipment before I left, so I used the remote to deflate the bags. After I entered the change the current psi came up on the screen and the right bag started to deflate (I did not know at the time this was the only bag deflating, I commanded both bags to 5psi). After unhooking and pulling away from the trailer I noticed the ride was still real harsh, so I punched 5psi back on the controller and then the current psi came up on the screen with 5 psi in the right bag, and still 60 psi and the left. The only way to fix my problem was to pull the line from the manifold and release the air. I thought (and hoped) this was a one time fluke, but I aired up the system again and tried to release, but the left bag would not deflate with the right. I can for sure shoot down a big pressure difference as being the problem, unless my remote is sending bad signals to the manifold? Is it possible to get a new remote as well?

Old 12-30-2011, 08:39 PM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
I will forward this information on, and let you know what I hear back. I will also check on the possibility of replacing the remote as well.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:17 AM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
I talked with a couple of people in house this morning, and if you can we would like for you to call one of sales team direct. He can get your contact information and get a replacement manifold out as soon as possible.

I PM'd his contact information to you, he was copied on some of the communication so he should be aware of what problems you are having. Please let me know if you don't get the service you hope to.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:36 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
I had/have the same problem. Been kind of frustrated with it.
One side was not deflating fast enough it seemed, and then with repeated attempts to either inflate or deflate all I ended up with was one bag empty and one bag at 100 psi.

Manifold was changed out as well as all the wiring and relay. Though was that maybe the diode in the harness was also an issue.
Now I have 2 manifolds, one will not match to the controller no matter what I do and the other will only see "one side" of the manifold.

Just last night I put the manifolds, relays and harness' in a box to do something with. Don't need it now as the tow season is over.

My problem started just before warranty was up (parts sent) and I never got it working right and no warranty now.

Was really hoping to be able to use a second manifold to run the air bag in my hitch as well as air bag for the truck.

Quick Reply: AirLift Wireless air will not deflate