6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

H&S and Deleted!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
H&S and Deleted!

I got the H&S Mini Maxx and 5" straight pipe installed this afternoon. Very simple install and everything went really smooth.

Hardest part was finding all the connections to the factory exhaust for all the sensors and what not.

Overall I'm pleased. Sounds great and runs like it should. Nice to see black smoke again as well!!

Here's a couple pics. Nothin special. Wasn't really a whole lot to take pictures of anyways.

EGR delete will be here tomorrow, so says UPS. Not holding my breath, but it would be nice if it showed up.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looking good.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now we need to hear it roar. Lol

Old 12-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Fontana
Senior User
I have been wondering about these diesel tuners. So far I know that H&S and Bully Dog are viable options. Can I assume that the people who install these tuners are not subject to emissions testing where they are registered? Won't they nullify the factory warranty?

I would love to gain an extra 100-250 hp but not until I understand the facts. I realize that some of us may have the means to not be concerned with such things. Can anyone answer my questions so I understand what the pros and cons are?

In any event I am excited to hear what Andrew010 experienced with his completed mod. Video please!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
With a tuner it's probably up to the dealer on warranty. Some will some won't.Even if you remove it, the info is stored in memory so they know if it had a tuner. On a dpf delete yes your warranty will be voided,at least on engine, but may honor on some other things. I personally wouldn't want to be in the cross hairs on a warranty situation.
But if you are on who loves mods go for it. I love horsepower. But have grown to love clean air. It is really up to your wants and needs.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
I can try to work out a video.

I'm not subject to emissions testing here so that doesn't apply.

Factory warranty is now VOID, at least for the engine or anything else the tuner effected.

H&S and Spartan are the only 2 choices for tuners that will delete. I like the shift on the fly capabilities so I went with H&S. Both are comparably priced at just over $1,000 plus the unlock code.

One question for anyone else running H&S. I'm running the newest update with tranny tune and I noticed every time I put it in Park the gear selector (1-6) on the dash goes away like normal, but doesn't come back on when put in Drive. I have to press the +/- on the shifter to get it to pop back up every time. Anyone else have this? I'll have to call them tomorrow and find out more.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:49 PM
DSLPWRD
Posting Guru
Subscribing. Also very interested in the sound and warranty implications.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
brandon4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 282 Likes on 131 Posts
I just updated mine.xmas eve. Now the gears stay on. Get on the H&S site and select no tranny program. See if it works then. Until now I had to turn on the gears every time.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Shepardsonp
Tuned
Originally Posted by Andrew010
I can try to work out a video.

I'm not subject to emissions testing here so that doesn't apply.

Factory warranty is now VOID, at least for the engine or anything else the tuner effected.

H&S and Spartan are the only 2 choices for tuners that will delete. I like the shift on the fly capabilities so I went with H&S. Both are comparably priced at just over $1,000 plus the unlock code.

One question for anyone else running H&S. I'm running the newest update with tranny tune and I noticed every time I put it in Park the gear selector (1-6) on the dash goes away like normal, but doesn't come back on when put in Drive. I have to press the +/- on the shifter to get it to pop back up every time. Anyone else have this? I'll have to call them tomorrow and find out more.

I loved everthign about it right up until the "Factory warranty is now VOID" part. I got stranded one time in my 6.0 with a defective tuner and my 5th wheel. I was luckly to pull the tuner out and return to stock while waiting for a tow truck big enough to pull both my truck and fiver 150 miles back home.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DSLPWRD
Also very interested in the sound .
I'll see what I can do about making a short video. It sounds awesome!

I realize you're not close enough, but anyone that is close is more than welcome to stop by and take a look it you like.

Originally Posted by Shepardsonp
I loved everthign about it right up until the "Factory warranty is now VOID" part. I got stranded one time in my 6.0 with a defective tuner and my 5th wheel. I was luckly to pull the tuner out and return to stock while waiting for a tow truck big enough to pull both my truck and fiver 150 miles back home.
I understand and respect that but to me it's not such a big deal. I don't tow anything and only bought the truck to have fun. If I couldn't have a tuner and straight pipe exhaust, I wouldn't have bought the truck. If it breaks, I'll pay to fix it.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:54 AM
ProgDrummer79
Freshman User
Have you noticed any holdbacks from the turbo or fuel system?

I had a 6.4 with an H&S, and am looking to get a new 6.7, and have full intentions on tuning it.

I have read that the turbo has a hard time keeping up, and well as the fuel system, and I'm not opposed to dropping a new turbo in it, but obviously that's a large chunk of change and couldn't do that right away.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
I haven't noticed anything like that so far. I'll keep an eye on it and post my findings.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:19 AM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by DSLPWRD
Subscribing. Also very interested in the sound and warranty implications.
We were told tuners will trigger a hidden code that IDS will report to the tech which will in turn tell the tech to contact Ford for the code reason.

If you tune your truck, consider your engine warranty void (and probably powertrain and fuel system).
I don't know exactly but it seems powertrain and fuel system would have more stress added due to the tuning.
I don't have any tuning experience but I do know this road can become expensive.

All repairs will be (and should be) your responsibility at that point.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Shepardsonp
Tuned
Originally Posted by Andrew010
I'll see what I can do about making a short video. It sounds awesome!

I realize you're not close enough, but anyone that is close is more than welcome to stop by and take a look it you like.

I understand and respect that but to me it's not such a big deal. I don't tow anything and only bought the truck to have fun. If I couldn't have a tuner and straight pipe exhaust, I wouldn't have bought the truck. If it breaks, I'll pay to fix it.
This my friend is why we live in the greatest nation in the world!!! Hopfully with a good election in November 2012 we won't be driving one of the following trucks in the future:

- Beijing (BAW)
- Changzhou Chanjiang
- Chengdu Wangpai (CDW)
- Chongqing-Chang'an
- Chongqing-Hongyan
- Chongqing Tiema
- Chuanlu
- CNHTC

- Dongfeng-Nanchong
- Dongfeng-Nissan-Diesel (DND)
- Dongfeng-Xinjiang one of the big manufacturers
- FAW

- Foton succesfull in
lighttrucks

- Guangzhou Yangcheng
- Guihua
- Hebei-Changzheng
- Huachuan
- Huizhong Shanghuan (SHAC)
- Jiangling (JMC) light trucks
- Jinhua Young MAN
- Juli
- Lifan
- Nanjing-Chunlan
- North-Benz

- Sansung
- Shaanxi
- Shangdong-KAMA
- Shandong Shifeng
- Shuangli
- Wuzheng
- Yantai
- Yuejin (Nanjing)
- Zibo
- Ziyang Nanjun (NJP)

Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, you sure you got em all? Lol.

My warranty will be up in 4 months based on mileage. Mine is a work truck so I can't mess with it because I really need it to be reliable in the long term and I would be really stressed out about it. But, those of you Lucky enough to have these trucks for personal use really make me envious! That would be great fun. Hope it all works well for you.

Quick Reply: H&S and Deleted!